RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Need 2005 Lexus RX330 Amp Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-21 | 01:21 PM
faratim
Driver School Candidate

Default Need 2005 Lexus RX330 Amp Wiring Diagram

Hey everyone! I’ve read several hours of posts on here and Google and can’t find a straight answer on a factory amp wiring diagram for my 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Nav, w/out Mark Levinson audio. I’m adding a line converter and aftermarket amplifier so I just need to know which wires are which coming in/out of the factory amp. I’ve looked everywhere, any help would be much appreciated!
Old 12-04-21 | 02:03 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by faratim
Hey everyone! I’ve read several hours of posts on here and Google and can’t find a straight answer on a factory amp wiring diagram for my 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Nav, w/out Mark Levinson audio. I’m adding a line converter and aftermarket amplifier so I just need to know which wires are which coming in/out of the factory amp. I’ve looked everywhere, any help would be much appreciated!
Bypassing the amp is no problem.
Plz post details of the line receiver you are using to make the stock radio compatible to the new aftermarket amp.

I have the wiring and will post when I have time unless someone else wants to post it.

Old 12-06-21 | 02:13 PM
Daweeger
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Margate330
Bypassing the amp is no problem.
Plz post details of the line receiver you are using to make the stock radio compatible to the new aftermarket amp.

I have the wiring and will post when I have time unless someone else wants to post it.

I am in the exact same boat, but mine does have the Mark Levinson system. I have put hours into trying to find this answer.
Old 12-06-21 | 02:24 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Daweeger
I am in the exact same boat, but mine does have the Mark Levinson system. I have put hours into trying to find this answer.
This should be no problem, I will do a separate thread for Mark Levinson.
Plz indicate if you have Nav or non-nav.

Was Mark Levinson offered without Nav does anyone know?

Also, if replacing the head unit with an aftermarket amp- the new amp will accept the Left & Right auio inputs of course.
But, if using the existing head unit to a new aftermaket amp, some kind of device will be needed for compatibilty because the Left & Right audio outputs from the oem head unit are not compatible as far as I know.

Waiting for the OP to post details of the line converter he found that is compatible for our cars unless someone else has info they can share.
Old 12-06-21 | 03:02 PM
Daweeger
Driver School Candidate

This should be no problem, I will do a separate thread for Mark Levinson.
Plz indicate if you have Nav or non-nav.

Was Mark Levinson offered without Nav does anyone know?

Also, if replacing the head unit with an aftermarket amp- the new amp will accept the Left & Right auio inputs of course.
But, if using the existing head unit to a new aftermaket amp, some kind of device will be needed for compatibilty because the Left & Right audio outputs from the oem head unit are not compatible as far as I know.

Waiting for the OP to post details of the line converter he found that is compatible for our cars unless someone else has info they can share.

It does have the nav. Apparently it was available about 4 different ways.

System will be made up with a jvc head unit connected I believe with the axxes adaptor. I was told first that I had to have that one vs the less expensive kit but have since been told it wasn't needed since changing amps. Still trying to grasp why the needed capacitor came with the face adaptor instead of the wiring kit though. Anyway putting in an audio control 6.1200 amp with a built in dsp. I have upgraded the front speakers and going to run them active and leave out the back fill for now. I keep being told they won't be necessary. The dsp will connected through the rca's and send a signal on to the sub amp going to a pair in the hatch.

I just need to get connected into the output wires from the factory amp. I was told by 2 different shops this would be the way to go instead of running my own wires throughout.
Old 12-08-21 | 01:02 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Daweeger
It does have the nav. Apparently it was available about 4 different ways.

System will be made up with a jvc head unit connected I believe with the axxes adaptor. I was told first that I had to have that one vs the less expensive kit but have since been told it wasn't needed since changing amps. Still trying to grasp why the needed capacitor came with the face adaptor instead of the wiring kit though. Anyway putting in an audio control 6.1200 amp with a built in dsp. I have upgraded the front speakers and going to run them active and leave out the back fill for now. I keep being told they won't be necessary. The dsp will connected through the rca's and send a signal on to the sub amp going to a pair in the hatch.

I just need to get connected into the output wires from the factory amp. I was told by 2 different shops this would be the way to go instead of running my own wires throughout.
Had some time today to work on it.
Here is the link and feel free to add to it and post pics of your progress if you like.
Wiring for RX330 with Nav & Mark Levinson: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...l#post11178291
Old 12-09-21 | 05:21 AM
Daweeger
Driver School Candidate

Had some time today to work on it.
Here is the link and feel free to add to it and post pics of your progress if you like.
Wiring for RX330 with Nav & Mark Levinson: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...l#post11178291
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I have an appointment to get it tuned next Friday. I will start putting it together mid week to be ready. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you again. Much appreciated.