RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Dealership damage & issues... where to go now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-21, 07:05 PM
larkar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealership damage & issues... where to go now?

I've always taken my car to a Toyota dealership as the closest Lexus dealership is 2 1/2 hours away. They used to be excellent but they've gone through changes and it's nothing but problems anymore. Just a couple of examples:

Took my car in and paid to have the brakes done. A month later the brakes start squealing as they never did the job.
Took my car in for a basic service... I leave and going down the highway all my tires are going flat. Two new tires and hub caps destroyed, other two tires repaired. They did cover the cost of the repairs. However, it was the hottest days of the year, over 100 degrees, kept my car facing the sun with all the windows rolled up tight for days. I pick up my very low mileage, garage kept, babied car to find cracks in my dashboard! (I'm past the free dash replacement period.)

I'm seriously reluctant to go back to the dealer. Any suggestions on locating a reputable garage instead? I did go to a Toyota dealer a little further away once for a basic service. I was told $150. I called him on it and he said "ok, $39". That's the first time I realized they work on commission and he tried to take advantage of the "dumb female".

Old 12-14-21, 02:56 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 168 Posts

That's a bummer to hear but I've been hearing more and more of this as of late, especially for the economy car brands.

Any small independent mechanics that specialize in Toyota's near you? I'd scour review boards like Yelp, Google Reviews, Facebook, etc for one. If not, I think it's time to bite the bullet and take it to Lexus.

I see you're in Arkansas, how close are you to Lexus of Little Rock? I've stopped there for odds and ends (mostly parts) on my way home from Houston and they've always treated me right.
Old 12-16-21, 05:51 AM
mntntrls71
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I am not awair that any Toyota dealership works on commission. I have been to Toyota dealerships even in towns I am not framiliar with when on vacations and have had the best of luck. Are you sure there isn't more to the story? The dash crack is a known issue with these cars and it would have cracked if you left your car at the mall parking lot. Did you want them to leave your windows down and have a unsecure car? You probably would have been unhappy with that. The tire issue. I am wandering about this. They did a basic service oil change and somehow all 4 tires were damaged? And how would hub caps be destroyed? Sorry but I think there is more to the story here. If you are unhappy with service go someplace else. But maybe take a look at what you are asking for and what you are expecting and convey that to the person handling your vehicle. If this is a real Toyota dealer you will be able to go online to schedule your apointment and it will give you all the costs up front. Sorry to here you are so unhappy. You also can check online on the Lexus site and see all work and services performed on your vehicle. The more you want, the more the cost. If you only want oil change then that will be less than a oil change with tire rotation and cabin and engine filters replaced. .