RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Windows stay off after car is off... Ugh, it's back.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-23, 07:10 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 794 Likes on 666 Posts

ECU-B is the Main input to most of the ECUs, I am surprised your car starts at all without that fuse.

Coming to think of it, this may be something to look into - ECU-B doesn't tell the windows when to operate, it is done with the ECU-IG fuse, which should only be live when the Ignition is in the On position, see if you have power on any of the components when the ECU-IG fuse is out, or the Ignition is Off, I wonder if there was some mod done to the car to keep the windows live when the car is off..

Also, since you now have more than one Body ECU, out of sheer curiosity, try taking one apart to see if you can find anything in there. If not, I would only think of some aftermarket addition that would make the car behave this way even after replacing basically everything that can be responsible for the operation of the windows.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Old 04-27-24, 11:56 AM
averagejoe041701
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window switch lights stay on after car is locked!

Originally Posted by Savnout
To make a long story short... The windows stay on after car is off and locked up. Had this same problem couple years ago, on same car. Tracked it down to the fuse box, ecu tatt was built into it.

Well, it's doing it again. Same thing. All windows are staying on. How can this be fuse box again? Pulled out the master window controller (drivers side door window switch bank) unplugged it and it shut off that window only. Other windows still stayed live.

I did notice that someone else had been in the driver's door panel noticed a wire that was broke and repaired.

I'll post photos. Anyone have any suggestions? I never did try to replace the master window switch with a original one... Just crappy ebay ones that never worked or even made more problems (ex fuel tank gauge went crazy).

Any thoughts? How can fuse box go bad again. Same exact way. Weird or what.

So before you go out buying fuse boxes and window switches, check and clean connectors that are located in the passenger side kick panel there are three connectors that get water in them and corrode causing this issue. Disconnect battery fully before cleaning. I used some CLR in a spray bottle and sprayed the connectors out with compressed air really really well and picked connectors to make sure I got the corrosion out! Made sure connections were dry before reconnecting battery! Worked like a charm no more battery drain! Hope this helps!