RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Fender Liner help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-23, 04:37 PM
Cashflow1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fender Liner help

I have a 2010 RX 350 the rear passenger side I'm missing a part it is not the fender liner but its missing the part next to it and it seems rubber not sure what it is called does anyone know what I mean and what the part is called or even a part # and by looking at the picture is there clips? Thank you in advance for the help.

Last edited by Cashflow1; 03-13-23 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-13-23, 05:20 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,155 Likes on 986 Posts

Show a photo of the other side. It looks like your fender is out of place. These comments are made without looking at my car.

That thin strip on the liner probably attaches to the fender edge. You just need to push the fender in and try to shove the bottom of the liner into that notch at the bottom. The white trim plugs should be attached to the liner not the fender so they can be inserted into the fender. The second white plug is broken. The attachment part is missing. That is the part that slips into the liner hole, then the tip gets shoved into the fender edge. You can get more of those on eBay.

Was the car hit?
Old 03-13-23, 09:59 AM
Cashflow1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Show a photo of the other side. It looks like your fender is out of place. These comments are made without looking at my car.

That thin strip on the liner probably attaches to the fender edge. You just need to push the fender in and try to shove the bottom of the liner into that notch at the bottom. The white trim plugs should be attached to the liner not the fender so they can be inserted into the fender. The second white plug is broken. The attachment part is missing. That is the part that slips into the liner hole, then the tip gets shoved into the fender edge. You can get more of those on eBay.

Was the car hit?
Here is a picture of the other rear door. it is actually 2 pieces So I'm missing one on the door side. the lower picture I have the door opened a little bit, and no it was not hit.

Old 03-13-23, 12:01 PM
Clutchless

You actually appear to be missing the piece at the end of the rear door. It has nothing to do with the fender liner, if I interpret your photos correctly.

Take it to a few body shops for estimates. Estimates are free. This should be an inexpensive repair as it is just replacing that part and the connector pieces that are damaged. That is what I would do first.

Or go here type in your VIN and start searching. https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/

Last edited by Clutchless; 03-13-23 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-13-23, 01:28 PM
Cashflow1
Rookie

You actually appear to be missing the piece at the end of the rear door. It has nothing to do with the fender liner, if I interpret your photos correctly.

Take it to a few body shops for estimates. Estimates are free. This should be an inexpensive repair as it is just replacing that part and the connector pieces that are damaged. That is what I would do first.

Or go here type in your VIN and start searching. https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/
Yes thank you, I know it was not the liner it is a part next to it. I was not sure what it was called. But anyway I guess I will take it to the dealer and have them look at it and at least get a part # It does not seem to be a repair it is just missing the part.
Old 03-13-23, 02:26 PM
Clutchless

Don't go to the dealer, they will just send you to their overpriced body shop. Any body shop can look up the part and order it from the dealer and install it. That is what they do all the time repairing wrecks!
It will also be a lot quicker to just go to a body shop than the dealer.
And you don't know that anything else is damaged. I spotted the damaged clip. That is why you should have a body shop look at it. You have nothing to lose.
Old 03-13-23, 03:34 PM
Cashflow1
Rookie

Don't go to the dealer, they will just send you to their overpriced body shop. Any body shop can look up the part and order it from the dealer and install it. That is what they do all the time repairing wrecks!
It will also be a lot quicker to just go to a body shop than the dealer.
And you don't know that anything else is damaged. I spotted the damaged clip. That is why you should have a body shop look at it. You have nothing to lose.
Ok thank you that is what I will do. thank you for your time