RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Radio and Climate Control Unresponsive.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-23, 08:11 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,160 Likes on 990 Posts

It is listed here as for a Canada built RX, but also says it fits a Japan built. I would contact Rancho Used Lexus Parts and ask if they have any and what they know about other models from other model years that fit. I suspect that many of the other ones with very similar model numbers will fit and work just fine. I bet that any 2011 - 2012 radio would work if it came from a car with your options. 2013 was a mild refresh and those newer radios are different. Look at them on ebay. Most sellers group them by 2010-12 and 2013-15. Contact some sellers and ask about it fitting your vehicle. It appears they are selling the radio and faceplate etc as a unit which should make installation easier.

You probably just have to know what model years cross reference and if it is for a Nav car or non nav car as those are the main differences. It would help to know what they mean by fitting vehicle options: GGL15, GYL15, JPP (which is probaby Japan built)

​​​​​​https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts-...condenser.html

​​​​​​86120-48T20
Receiver Assy, Radio
PIONEER,ID=P10147,CANADA SPEC&AUDIO JACK-MINI.JACK & USB
PIONEER,ID=P10147,TYPE A:REFER ILLUST.
View Less
Fitting Vehicle Options:
GGL15, GYL15.. JPP
Part Name Code:

Last edited by Clutchless; 09-03-23 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-04-23, 11:07 PM
banana403
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clutchless
It is listed here as for a Canada built RX, but also says it fits a Japan built. I would contact Rancho Used Lexus Parts and ask if they have any and what they know about other models from other model years that fit. I suspect that many of the other ones with very similar model numbers will fit and work just fine. I bet that any 2011 - 2012 radio would work if it came from a car with your options. 2013 was a mild refresh and those newer radios are different. Look at them on ebay. Most sellers group them by 2010-12 and 2013-15. Contact some sellers and ask about it fitting your vehicle. It appears they are selling the radio and faceplate etc as a unit which should make installation easier.

You probably just have to know what model years cross reference and if it is for a Nav car or non nav car as those are the main differences. It would help to know what they mean by fitting vehicle options: GGL15, GYL15, JPP (which is probaby Japan built)

​​​​​​https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts-...condenser.html

​​​​​​86120-48T20
Receiver Assy, Radio
PIONEER,ID=P10147,CANADA SPEC&AUDIO JACK-MINI.JACK & USB
PIONEER,ID=P10147,TYPE A:REFER ILLUST.
View Less
Fitting Vehicle Options:
GGL15, GYL15.. JPP
Part Name Code:
I looked along the lines of the fitting vehicle options field, figuring that maybe regardless of part number, as long as those option codes match, that could work (assuming maybe it's just like a trim package or something).

Ironically, now I've gone from not being able to find any listing for radios with the model number 86120-48T20, I can't find any parts listings using the 0E parts numbers I listed earlier. At least 48T20 is listed as discontinued on sites like LexusPartsNow. I can't find any listing for 0E450 like this despite looking exactly like the one I have, albeit with a different ID#.
Old 09-05-23, 05:59 AM
Clutchless

That does not mean that they will not work.
You need to move on from your analysis of parts numbers that may not mean anything and contact Rancho Used Lexus Parts and the places listed below to learn more about what may actually work in your RX and find a used one. There are a lot of old junked and wrecked 2010 - 2012 RX350 vehicles in junkyards now. You will be able to find a working used radio.

I did a search on car part and it appears they use the ID on the radio face that starts with a P to differentiate them. Such as receiver, US market, ID P1882 on radio face. LKQ does it using both the P number and parts numbers. I think you really need to speak with someone in the used parts business.

Other sources of used parts are:
LKQ
​​​​​​https://www.lkqonline.com/air-bag?ga...xoCSGoQAvD_BwE

Car-Part which lets you search local junk yards.
https://www.car-part.com/

Last edited by Clutchless; 09-05-23 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-08-23, 03:42 PM
banana403
10th Gear

I brought it into another tech who was recommended to me by some friends who are far deeper into the car scene than I am now. He pulled the unit and tested all the components. Ultimately, he has determined that the IC (I'm assuming it means internal computer) has died and not repairable.

The only course of action now is to find a replacement radio (or a replacement car), because the main circuit board is the thing that needs to be replaced.

If I do find another radio unit to replace it with, does anyone know if there is a re-programming or resetting that needs to be done by the dealership? I've heard that OEM swaps sometimes need a dealership to reset it as a sort of anti-theft deterrent.
Old 09-09-23, 04:09 AM
RX in NC
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 327 Posts

IC typically stands for Integrated Circuit in the electronics world.
Old 09-19-23, 01:39 PM
banana403
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Clutchless
That does not mean that they will not work.
You need to move on from your analysis of parts numbers that may not mean anything and contact Rancho Used Lexus Parts and the places listed below to learn more about what may actually work in your RX and find a used one. There are a lot of old junked and wrecked 2010 - 2012 RX350 vehicles in junkyards now. You will be able to find a working used radio.

I did a search on car part and it appears they use the ID on the radio face that starts with a P to differentiate them. Such as receiver, US market, ID P1882 on radio face. LKQ does it using both the P number and parts numbers. I think you really need to speak with someone in the used parts business.

Other sources of used parts are:
LKQ
​​​​​​https://www.lkqonline.com/air-bag?ga...xoCSGoQAvD_BwE

Car-Part which lets you search local junk yards.
https://www.car-part.com/
I checked with the parts guy at the dealership, and he said that the face id code (in my case, it's P10147) HAS to match the one on mine. Can anyone verify if that's the case?
Old 10-04-23, 11:32 AM
banana403
10th Gear

So, in case is anyone is curious about an update...

I had the radio removed by a shop and they also diagnosed and verified a circuit problem. Rather than have them re-install it, I left the radio out while I searched for a replacement radio. After a few weeks, I couldn't find a radio of similar model or plate id (which I'm told is the only way it will work).

Today, I had the radio re-installed so that I wouldn't have a big gaping hole in my dashboard when I bring it to a dealership for trade-in. They re-install it... and now it works.

I'm still planning to sell it though because the last thing I want is the heating to go out again in the middle of winter.
Old 10-04-23, 04:06 PM
Clutchless

It is time to trade it in before the problems reappear.
Old 10-18-23, 09:43 PM
ColAngus
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Is this yours now at Fish Creek Nissan?

Mileage is only 108,950.
Old 10-19-23, 06:26 AM
Finalist0946
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is precisely the reason I just invested in 2 portable Car Battery chargers (Amazon). Great price and peace of mind in case battery goes dead without warning. $54

Amazon Amazon