RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Code C1AEC - Front Sensor Communication Circuit

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-23, 05:47 PM
DrScrubdaddy
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Code C1AEC - Front Sensor Communication Circuit

Hi, I recently changed by rear brake pads (driver & passenger sides) and shortly after I got the code C1AEC, which is one of the codes that causes the tire pressure light to blink for 1 minute upon starting the car and then remain steady-on thereafter. I was hoping it was simply a TPMS sensor but the code doesn't correlate with this issue. I use the BlueDriver OBD II scanner and the "top reported fixes" for this code are as follows:
Ultrasonic Sensor
- replacing the front ultrasonic sensor, sensor connector, or wiring harness
- reprogramming the front ultrasonic sensor
Clearance Warning ECU
- replace or reprogram the clearance warning ECU, connector, or wiring harness
Parking Aid Sensor
- replace parking aid sensor, connector, or wiring harness
- reprogram parking aid sensor
Parking Aid Control Module
- replace parking aid control module, connector, or wiring harness
- reprogram parking aid control module

I'm at a loss of what to do, I have NOT taken it to the dealer yet, which I assume is the next step. But before I do that I wanted to ask on here. I don't know if changing the brakes has anything to do with the sensors as at first thought I don't see how changing the rear tires would alter anything to do with parking assistance or the clearance warning. I've heard on YouTube that you need to reinitialize the TPMS whenever you change or rotate tires, etc., which I obviously took the tires off to change the brakes but the code isn't even registering anything to do with the TPMS.
- so far I've tried:
1. holding tire pressure set button underneath driver's dash - tire pressure light won't turn off at all, so I am unable to get to the second step in order to get it to blink 3 times to "reinitialize" the TPMS.
2. Disconnected the battery, both terminals - tire pressure light still continued to flash like normal after reconnecting battery and then stay solid a minute after flashing
3. Checked tire pressure of all tires - all good.
4. When changing my brakes I used the bleeder valve instead of pushing fluid all the way up towards the reservoir, even though this would affect the ABS if anything, not tire pressure or parking/clearance assistance.

Please help if you know anything about this code or issue.
The following users liked this post:
Abrar (09-27-23)
Old 09-26-23, 06:46 PM
salimshah

Received 1,097 Likes on 987 Posts

Please examine the work you did [specially the wheel which is failing]. My hunch is a wire was left unconnected or accidentally cut in the process. Check the location of the TPS pickup and not the rotation sensor.

Salim
Old 09-27-23, 04:44 AM
RX in NC
Racer

Received 431 Likes on 345 Posts

And no, you do not have to reinitialize the TPMS system after you remove a wheel or rotate your tires.