RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
View Poll Results: Overall, do you like the redesigned 2010 RX?
Yes
54.79%
No
31.51%
Indifferent
13.70%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-14, 03:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2010 RX 350 Specifications and Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-08, 05:16 AM
cajun
Pit Crew

Received 150 Likes on 60 Posts

A local dealership manager has confirmed that special 2010 RX 'unveiling events' are expected next month in the New York/New Jersey area. Will post my final thoughts on the redesigned RX then...
Old 12-15-08, 10:21 AM
jeffgdula
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Horta
OK I have been sitting here quite, but not any more. I love the new RX. I think its great and I'm sitting here trying to figure our how I'm going to get it. I had a 99 RX and loved it but hated the 04 and 05. The RX 350 was better but still not our cup of tea. Now this 2010 RX with the all new futuristic interior and all the new gadgets I can not wait. If they offer it in StarFire pearl it will be hard for me to resist.
It will be available in StarFire Pearl.
Old 12-15-08, 06:47 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jeffgdula
It will be available in StarFire Pearl.
Well then this is my new Goal. To get this car.

Hey has anyone noticed the Subwoofer in the back left corner of the trunk? I have to assume thats what it is? If not please enlighten me.

Now the question is the price. I just hope I can get it fully loaded for under $50k, plus TTL of course.
Old 12-15-08, 07:52 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Hey has anyone noticed the Subwoofer in the back left corner of the trunk? I have to assume thats what it is? If not please enlighten me.

Now the question is the price. I just hope I can get it fully loaded for under $50k, plus TTL of course.

Add about $3000 to $3500 to the current MSRP.

A fully loaded FWD runs about $45K now, so yes, you should be able to.

I absolutely cannot wait for this vehicle. It's been a while since we had a hot, awesome, sticker-price car. Plus the others coming out next year. It will be awesome.
Old 12-16-08, 06:26 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I just hope I can get it fully loaded for under $50k, plus TTL of course.
You hope you can get a RX for under $50K? Good Lord For $50K, I can think of many other SUV I would rather have One thing I can assure you, the line will not be long when you sign up to buy the RX. The nitch for the current gen RX is the price, the bang for the buck. When the RX start selling for $50K, it is enter a whole differ catagory. There are much more competition at that price range.
Old 12-16-08, 07:36 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by The G Man
One thing I can assure you, the line will not be long when you sign up to buy the RX.

I would think the 140 or so people who have already given us a deposit on one would disagree.
Old 12-16-08, 08:15 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

140 people? thats it omg, the last gen RX sold over 100,000 unit last year and that design was in its last year.
Old 12-16-08, 08:55 AM
Junkxus
Rookie

I think the car looks like it was placed into a hydrolic press and squished front and back.
The car is ugly!!!!!!!!! The interior looks like it was conceived by the guys who did the the old style Ford!!! For the price, many other true high end manufactures offer better products. Remember many buyers of a Lexus want the High end name for low end dollars!!!! You get what you pay!!!
Old 12-16-08, 09:08 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

I will still hold judgment until i see one in person and take it for a test drive.
Old 12-16-08, 11:14 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

140 people? thats it omg, the last gen RX sold over 100,000 unit last year and that design was in its last year.
That's like, OMG, people who haven't seen it, driven it, laid eyes on it, who have already put money down and agreed to buy it.

The new one will probably do about 85,000 to 90,000 in it's first year.
Old 12-16-08, 01:05 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

I am sorry, but 85000 units for a brand new re-design car is a big disappointment. That is actually a decrease in sales. BTW, thats what I am perdicting, the RX will see its sales number slide with this re-design. If you look at any other re-designs, the 1st year sales number usually increase by double digits. I think think this will happen with the RX becuase the price also increase by double digits. I am sorry but once you hit the $50K mark, you are now competeing with SUVs like the BMW X5 and Audi Q5.
Old 12-16-08, 01:20 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

I think if there is a sales disappointment it will have to do more with the current state of the economy.
Old 12-16-08, 02:29 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

I am sorry, but 85000 units for a brand new re-design car is a big disappointment. That is actually a decrease in sales. BTW, thats what I am perdicting, the RX will see its sales number slide with this re-design. If you look at any other re-designs, the 1st year sales number usually increase by double digits. I think think this will happen with the RX becuase the price also increase by double digits. I am sorry but once you hit the $50K mark, you are now competeing with SUVs like the BMW X5 and Audi Q5.

You know the reason for the decrease? No special programs on it. They have had tax credits since Novemeber on RX's, plus rates, plus tons of other stuff for the past couple years, all to keep people buying and maintain interest.

Lexus only sells about 400,00 cars a year, so to say that, in order to be successful, sales need to double, is just silly.

The RX will compete just fine with the X5. The Audi isn't even a real competitor, they sell so few.
Old 12-16-08, 03:31 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

If you check my post, I believe I said in order for the RX to be consider a success, it should have at least a double digit increase in sales, not double the sale, which is triple digits.
There is never any special programs for newly design Lexus, and some re-design Lexus have done well without factory incentives.
The RX have done well I believe mainaly due to its price point. Its a low end luxury SUV for people who dont want to spend the money for a BMW or an Audi, I know thats why my wife bought it. She would rather have a X5 or an Audi, but the price on the RX makes more sense, but once the RX hit $50K, that advantage is gone.
BTW, my wife also hate what Lexus did to the new RX. The exterior too old looking and the interior too futuristic, they dont go together well at all. That $4000 increase is also highway robbery. I would think it is pretty dumb for Lexus to increase their best selling SUV's price by $4000 in this economy, but then there are a lot of things Lexus have done lately that have me scratching head.
Old 12-16-08, 04:32 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

In today's market, virtually all cars will show a decrease in sales over last year's models. When the overall market is down 40%, a drop of 30% is a bit of success.

Having driven both, I can't imagine anyone who really liked the X5 would be at all interested in the RX . By the same token, anyone who really liked the RX would be turned off by the X5 ride, noise, and drab interior. They are 2 very different vehicles, about as far apart in driving dynamics as the 335i and the ES350. Lots of people like one or the other, but very few will like both.

I think Lexus did a good job of updating their best selling model to appeal to the existing customer base who wanted more bells and whistles but were satisfied with the basic qualities of the RX. About the only conquests from other brands will come from Acura or Lincoln.

Steve

Quick Reply: 2010 RX 350 Specifications and Options