RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
View Poll Results: Overall, do you like the redesigned 2010 RX?
Yes
54.79%
No
31.51%
Indifferent
13.70%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-14, 03:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2010 RX 350 Specifications and Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-09, 06:00 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Whats up with that minivan shifter, one would think Lexus would have fix that by now.
Old 01-08-09, 11:58 AM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Chuckle!

Originally Posted by sama
Quote from the article
Why you would buy it:
The best-selling vehicle in the Lexus lineup has finally gotten its groove back and you think it’s time for you to do so, too.

Why you wouldn’t:
The family is gone, the dog lives in that great kennel in the sky, and you have your sights on the IS-F instead.
Thanks, needed that! Had to really laugh. We're empty nesters, dog is in fact gone, and I test drove an IS-F, still wiping the drool off!
Old 01-11-09, 04:17 PM
SKW1993
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first thing that ever attracted me to the RX330 back in 2005 was the awesome looking tail lights. I had a 2006 RX330, and now I have a 2008 RX350. I hope my 2008 model will last me a long time because Lexus has TOTALLY RUINED THE TAIL LIGHTS on the 2010. If they don't put them back like they were on the 2011 model, I'll be looking around at other car makers when it's time for me to replace my beautiful, beloved 2008 RX.
Old 01-12-09, 06:04 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Exterior design is a disappointment (and it looks worse than the previous model).

FUGLY exterior design for a Lexus.

In the other areas (features and interior), those are pretty much still okay imho.
Old 01-12-09, 01:09 PM
meowmix52
Driver

I really like the redesign.
It doesn't stray far from the current RX but looks refreshing
I want.
Old 01-12-09, 08:31 PM
hensta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen the new Rx 350 at the Moscone Auto Show. The front fender flares are more pronounced giving it a more masculine look. Overall, not very much different from the current version but beefier looking. This is a step up from my current Rx 300. After 10 years, I'm ready to plunk down the dough for the Rx 450h come this spring/summer.
Old 01-13-09, 03:52 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 510 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by oldcajun
I'm not sure why so many people have such dramatic negative responses to the new version. To me, it seems much like the major overhaul of the original RX300 which became the RX330 then 350. Everything is new, but the general shape and utiltiy remain similar. This to me is just a logical update of the basic RX theme. If you like the 2009, how can you "hate" the 2010? They are not that different.

The 6 speed auto should slightly improve the performance and mileage of the RX350. The big powertrain change seems to be in the hybrid which becomes the RX450h. This seems logical to me since the RX350 got very close to the RX400h performance so there needed to be a change to justify the price difference of the hybrid.

As for me, I plan to trade back into the RX450h in December 2009 when my current lease expires.
Steve
It is human nature to be negative when you just invested in an early model and the new one comes out. I, too have noticed all the critics bashing everything they can possible think of! LOL!
Old 01-13-09, 05:52 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
It is human nature to be negative when you just invested in an early model and the new one comes out. I, too have noticed all the critics bashing everything they can possible think of! LOL!
It is also human nature to want a newer model even though its not better than the old one.
Old 01-13-09, 08:11 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oldcajun
I'm not sure why so many people have such dramatic negative responses to the new version.
Hmm..........probably because it looks like one ugly-*** vehicle. To the point that it looks like Lexus now has their own version of the Aztek :facepalm:

:lol:

Damn **** indeed (and that's considering that the GS, IS and LS vehicles of Lexus had designs that were praised and accepted by majority). What's worse is that for Harrier fans in Japan, there seems to be disappointment up in the air the moment they noticed that this new-gen RX looks ****tier than their beloved Harrier SUV. Definitely not a good way to send the Harrier nameplate and identity into retirement. Rather, those Harrier fans wish that the Harrier name would continue to stay.

It's indeed sad not because of the fact alone that the exterior is worse than the previous model but because of the fact that it looks dreadful PERIOD. Heck, when you look at Lexus's ****tiest designs atm (namely the IS Convertible, the HS sedan and this new-gen RX), I'd personally say that ths IS CC and the HS are the lesser evils.........because the RX still garners the current award for "the ugliest Lexus vehicle of the new millennium".

Criticize me all you want but I and majority of forumers here believe that the exterior of the new RX is as ****ty as the foul crap that comes out of the mouths of those chicks in that "Two Girls One Cup" video. That goes to show everyone how dreadful the exterior design of this thing really is.........

Old 01-13-09, 08:23 AM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

That's a little harsh, considering that most people will hardly notice the difference between the '09 and the '10.
There is just no accounting for taste.
Old 01-13-09, 08:28 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

The 1st L-finesse design was very good and very fresh, but now it’s just getting old. The 2010 RX is good example of that, Lexus need to start looking into a difference direction for exterior design. All their cars and SUVs are starting to look the same.
Old 01-13-09, 10:09 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Hmm..........probably because it looks like one ugly-*** vehicle. To the point that it looks like Lexus now has their own version of the Aztek :facepalm:

:lol:

Damn **** indeed (and that's considering that the GS, IS and LS vehicles of Lexus had designs that were praised and accepted by majority). What's worse is that for Harrier fans in Japan, there seems to be disappointment up in the air the moment they noticed that this new-gen RX looks ****tier than their beloved Harrier SUV. Definitely not a good way to send the Harrier nameplate and identity into retirement. Rather, those Harrier fans wish that the Harrier name would continue to stay.

It's indeed sad not because of the fact alone that the exterior is worse than the previous model but because of the fact that it looks dreadful PERIOD. Heck, when you look at Lexus's ****tiest designs atm (namely the IS Convertible, the HS sedan and this new-gen RX), I'd personally say that ths IS CC and the HS are the lesser evils.........because the RX still garners the current award for "the ugliest Lexus vehicle of the new millennium".

Criticize me all you want but I and majority of forumers here believe that the exterior of the new RX is as ****ty as the foul crap that comes out of the mouths of those chicks in that "Two Girls One Cup" video. That goes to show everyone how dreadful the exterior design of this thing really is.........

Which forums are you referring to? Have any links?

I have been on English-language speaking forums in Asia and also use an online translator to get the gist of the Japanese and even Russian forums related to the RX, and I can't say that it has all been running as negative as you say (maybe I was not on the right forums?), but what I did see was probably more in line to what has been mentioned on this site, with its detractors/supporters.

My big knock on this design and it goes back to the start of the 2nd generation Harrier/RX (RX330), is the squared off back. I would have preferred that they would have kept the rounded off rear that I like on the RX300. Other than that, I don't really have much of an issue it, but I am going to hold the remainder of my judgment until I see it in person.
Old 01-13-09, 10:12 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

In this economy, anything but a glowing review spells doom. The RX have not been getting glowing reviews.
Old 01-13-09, 12:06 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Heck, by comparison, even the Audi Q5 is starting to look much more appealing.

Last edited by Orzel; 01-13-09 at 12:07 PM. Reason: fingers faster then brain!
Old 01-14-09, 05:22 PM
jinnjia
Driver

reminded me of the X5, when the new one came out most people complained about the similar looks from the previous design, but once you actually get to see the cars on the road and after awhile, I believe people will notice the difference (in positive way).

Quick Reply: 2010 RX 350 Specifications and Options