RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
View Poll Results: Overall, do you like the redesigned 2010 RX?
Yes
54.79%
No
31.51%
Indifferent
13.70%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-14, 03:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2010 RX 350 Specifications and Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-09, 08:13 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jinnjia
reminded me of the X5, when the new one came out most people complained about the similar looks from the previous design, but once you actually get to see the cars on the road and after awhile, I believe people will notice the difference (in positive way).
The RX is more like the BMW 5 series sedan, they took a nice design and made it worst just for the sake of change.
Old 01-15-09, 05:51 PM
cajun
Pit Crew

Received 146 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Exclusive Lexus 2010 RX Debut Invitation

Just received an invite to the 2010 RX preview in the New York-New Jersey area. Other locations include Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, Phoenix, San Francisco and Seattle.

New York-New Jersey Area Location:
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
1 International Blvd, Route 17 North
Mahwah, NJ 07495

Date and Time:
February 4 & 5 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm

RSVP:
www.lexusinspiredevent.com

Prompt reservation is requested.

For further event information, please contact
Customer Service at 1-866-688-9366

Space is limited, so make your reservations promptly.

Last edited by cajun; 01-15-09 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-24-09, 05:34 PM
fw1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what about keyless entry?

I've been waiting for an RX with this feature that the other models have now.
Old 01-24-09, 09:32 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

yes it will definately have it. its standard
Old 01-27-09, 03:45 PM
IZZO2FIZZO
Lead Lap

Old 01-27-09, 06:39 PM
RXSF

wow, thanks!
Old 01-28-09, 12:11 PM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Went to the Atlanta 2010 RX preview last night with some of the SELOC crew, and i say i'm impressed with the new RX modles. I digging the mouse feature, and the level of detail in the sheet medal is sick! You can see L's all in the body, also the attention to detail is A++ (Chrome lip around the edge of the side mirrors) nice. Oh love the reclining back seats too, our 08 RX could really use that one, and last the speaker clarity when using bluetooth is 100% better. The sound comes from the middle instead of the drivers side door & dash tweeter. Great job Lex!
Old 01-30-09, 10:58 AM
AEmgee
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does anybody know if all 2010 RX350 for the North American market will be made in Cambridge, Ontario? With MY2009, the occasional RX350 (base model only, I think) still has a VIN starting with J and therefore was made in Japan.

Last edited by AEmgee; 01-30-09 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-30-09, 08:45 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AEmgee
Does anybody know if all 2010 RX350 for the North American market will be made in Cambridge, Ontario? With MY2009, the occasional RX350 (base model only, I think) still has a VIN starting with J and therefore was made in Japan.
I believe so.

I think Lexus is actually looking at shifting a vast majority of operations to Canada.
Old 01-30-09, 09:44 PM
RXSF

if you buy a 450h, it will be built in japan
Old 02-05-09, 10:16 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Finally--you can set your own LPS!
Old 02-05-09, 12:59 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Which LPS can you set on the RX? Most other luxury cars have this feature already, but usually its just some LPS, not all.
Old 02-09-09, 09:46 AM
cajun
Pit Crew

The $900 price drop for the 2010 RX models should be welcomed:

PRESS RELEASE

Lexus Announces Pricing for All-New 2010 RX 350

TORRANCE, Calif. (Feb. 6, 2009) – Lexus today announced the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the all-new 2010 RX 350 luxury utility vehicle. The original RX 300 model inaugurated the luxury crossover category in 1998, and the new RX350 once again raises the bar for design, engineering and luxury innovation in the segment. The 2010 RX 350, which arrives at dealerships this month, carries a base MSRP of $36,800 for the front-wheel drive (FWD) model and $38,200 for the all-wheel drive (AWD) version.

The 2010 RX 350 teams a revised 3.5-liter V6 engine with an all-new six-speed Multi-Mode Automatic Transmission. Horsepower is increased to 275 at 6,200 rpm from 270 in the previous generation, while ninety percent or more of the 256 lb.-ft. of peak torque is available from 2,300 to 6,100 rpm, an optimal range where torque is most utilized. The new six-speed automatic transmission replaces the previous five-speed, and the Multi-Mode allows the driver to shift manually when desired by first moving the gated shift lever to the "S" slot and then pushing it forward ("+") to up shift and backward ("-") to downshift.

The RX 350 introduces an all-new electronically controlled Active Torque Control AWD system, which uses an electronically controlled coupling ahead of the rear differential to vary torque distribution anywhere from 100:0 to 50:50 front to rear, depending on driving dynamics and road conditions. The new AWD system is 35 lbs. lighter than the previous system and reduces parasitic losses by 30 percent.

The Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) handling technology, which anticipates loss of vehicle control in virtually any direction, is now available on the RX 350. VDIM governs all of the vehicle's standard dynamic handling systems – the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC) – employing them collectively and seamlessly to make corrections while allowing higher dynamic capability. The new RX adopts Hill-start Assist Control, which uses brake pressure to help prevent the vehicle from moving backward when starting out on an incline.

The 2010 RX350 introduces the available new Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS). When entering a corner, AFS estimates where the vehicle will be in three seconds, based on the vehicle speed and the angle of the tires, and adjusts the lateral aim of the headlamps. Using a camera mounted on the inner rear view mirror, a new available automatic high beam system switches between high and low beams in response to oncoming vehicles and those traveling in front, or when other ambient sources are detected, helping reduce driver inconvenience. The optional Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control uses millimeter-wave radar to measure and maintain a pre-set following distance from a vehicle traveling ahead.

The 2010 RX350 is equipped with a segment-leading 10 standard airbags, including side curtain airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags, rear side airbags (for the outboard seating positions) and knee airbags for the driver and the front passenger.

Lexus engineered the third-generation RX luxury utility vehicle to provide a more engaging driving experience while also making it quieter and smoother than its predecessor. A key factor in the RX models' sharpened handling agility is the all-new uniquely designed double-wishbone rear suspension, which replaces a strut-based configuration, which also yields greater cargo area room. The new standard electric power steering system improves agility and steering feel while eliminating the parasitic losses of a hydraulic steering pump. Eliminating hydraulic oil also provides an environmental benefit and reduces maintenance.

The RX350 features new wider standard 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, which were designed to appear as if carved from a single block, and 235/60R18 tires. Optional 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 235/55R19 tires are available.

The RX has a new push-button start, and a standard SmartAccess keyless-entry system that uses a touch sensor-type smart switch on the front doors that results in a sleeker, high-tech appearance.

The available Hard Disc Drive (HDD) navigation system eliminates the need for DVD map discs and offers a unique voice recognition system, which can work using casual-language inputs on certain functions. A unique Remote Touch controller allows the user to operate the navigation system, climate, audio, phone controls and more. The screen menus are selected with the controller, eliminating the need to reach out or avert eyes from the road. The attribute that most distinguishes Lexus' navigation controller from other devices in other luxury models is its "haptic"-feedback technology, which provides a tactile response to the hand.

The new Lexus RX models accommodate a variety of music sources, providing auxiliary and USB inputs, Bluetooth® Audio wireless connectivity and standard XM® satellite radio capability (requires subscription), which is also joined by XM NavTraffic and XM NavWeather.

An optional rear-seat entertainment system includes two high-definition seven-inch screens, one on each of the front seatbacks. The available wide-view side monitor and backup monitor each help provide the driver with a wider range of visibility.

The all-new RX is now available with a Heads-Up Display (HUD) that offers displays for speed, navigation, and audio. High-intensity LEDs project high-contrast white figures onto the windshield, which are easier to read – and easier on the eyes – than the typical green-colored readouts.

MSRP does not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $825.
Old 02-10-09, 04:59 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Quick First Impression

I saw the new RX at my dealer last week and I like it. I really like the redesign of the rear of the vehicle, especially the hidden wiper. It looks wider on the outside than the previous generation, but the interior felt the same. The exterior looks sleaker, maybe the roofline is lower.

The only part of the exterior design I don't like is the small flat body areas around the wheel wells. Reminds me of the new Highlander, which I don't like at all. Also like that the spare tire is moved inside. I recently had to use the spare tire on our RX330, so from this experience I welcome the inside spare.

The interior felt fresh, updated, and comfortable.

I couldn't spend much time there but my first quick impression is very positive.
Old 02-11-09, 07:53 AM
cajun
Pit Crew

Lexus of Edison held an unveiling event earlier this week for the 2010 RX, which I attended. Previously having only viewed photos and videos of the vehicle, I decided to reserve final judgment until a hands-on critique could be made. My immediate criticisms are few, but major: The exterior design, the interior design and the navigation controls.

The issue with the exterior redesign is simply that it is not much of a redesign, which was no doubt done intentionally as not to disrupt an obviously winning styling formula. Regardless, the tweaks made to the front end, rear end and door panels simply do not fit and seem to detract from the overall 2004 second-generation design on which it is based. Other revisions, such as the return of the first-generation tiny window behind each side mirror for ‘increased visibility’ and color changes to the rear spoiler and roof rails also appear to be afterthoughts.

Criticism of the interior begins and ends with the center dashboard. The redesign constraints taken with the exterior all but vanished with the styling of the asymmetrical dashboard, much of which seems to be unnecessary and an attempt to appeal to a younger consumer demographic.

The retooled navigation interface was the final cause for concern. The previous touch screen interface was simple and intuitive. Replacing such tried and true controls with a computer mouse-like interface is certainly questionable. However, after inputting several destinations, I found the revamped, haptic feedback controls to be quite natural and intuitive, though not as much as the previous touch screen system. That said, the newly adopted control system undoubtedly facilitated some design decisions. For instance, recessing the navigation screen farther into the dashboard does, indeed, reduce glare that occasionally plagued the outgoing layout.

To conclude, the aforementioned, albeit brief, assessment is merely my opinion on the exterior and interior styling and navigation interface of the 2010 RX, and should in no way be misconstrued as a prediction of the inclinations of potential buyers. In fact, despite styling criticisms, the 2010 RX is without question a superior vehicle when compared its predecessor and should sell well, economic climate notwithstanding.

Quick Reply: 2010 RX 350 Specifications and Options