RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
View Poll Results: Overall, do you like the redesigned 2010 RX?
Yes
54.79%
No
31.51%
Indifferent
13.70%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-14, 03:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2010 RX 350 Specifications and Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-08, 01:04 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hoping they'd get rid of the clear tails - oh well. Overall design looks good so far.
Old 10-30-08, 07:52 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I think I am ok with the interior, but am not crazy about the front end and rear of this new model...
Old 10-30-08, 11:08 PM
yippeeiaye
Rookie

I think people are going to have mixed review until you actually see it in person. Pictures never tell the whole story, it's always better live. I bet it is going to be more dramatic when you actually see one on the road but I like the interior, looks sharp. Will it have 4-way cameras like the Infinity FX?

Last edited by yippeeiaye; 10-31-08 at 09:37 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-31-08, 05:51 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The problem is that some people like those ugly BMW designs too, but some people dont. If thats is indeed the new RX interior in that picture, Lexus have really miss the ball on this re-design. The old RX design wasnt very eye catching but no one finds it offensive. With that new interior, Lexus will lose half of its buyer right off the bat. Much like those BMW design, the new RX is a love it or hate it design, which is not inline with the Lexus design scheme. Lexus should stay with the strategy that made the RX so sucessful, which is desiging a car that is for all ages.
Old 10-31-08, 09:41 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the new interior probably looks quite nice and luxurious. My major disappointment with it is that the LCD display for the GPS now appears to no longer be touch screen and instead that appears to be a **** that controls it on the centre console.
Old 11-01-08, 09:01 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any MPG estimate on the 450h?
Old 11-01-08, 09:14 PM
dr Lu
Driver

i like it...gotta see it in person tho.
Old 11-05-08, 07:33 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TO be honest,

The 3rd generation looks too much like the 1st generation with a more feminish and japanese shape with those ugly mirrors and bulbous body. The 2nd generation was design so nicely that it was more masculine yet with a nice shape and more SUV like and americanized in a way which made it very competitive. This 3rd gen is going backwards and designed by an idiot.
Old 11-05-08, 08:38 PM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The outside looks like an Infiniti and a BMW people buy Lexus because they want the gaudy interior of a luxury car, but the conservative timid blended look of its exterior. If I wanted an obnoxious looking luxury car I would have bought an Infiniti or BMW and tinted its window dark black. I'm young to still in college, and I don't like this new looking RX or the new low end Lexus's in general. The old IS looked a lot better then the new one, as well as the 97-2001 ES. The only new Lexus that looks good to me is the LS and maybe the GS. Lexus is losing it timeless look, just like Mercedes. I bet when my mom trades in her 2006 E350 in a few years, its going to be another chopped and butchered looking car with chrome and sparkely crap all over and more junk technology that makes no sense but causes a head ache. Do you need an example in most and cars and our traded 2001 E320 the gas guage was a gauge and why make into a digital bar??? Why have a night light built into the car so people can see driving at night? its a e350 drivin by a 50 year old house wife; not a Mitsu Eclipse. Not everyone wants a car the screams look at me!!! I nope someone from Lexus and Mercedes reads this. Leave the look at me to Infinity, and BMW. The only feature I think is cool on my friends BMW 3 is that a night when you unlock the doors their little light in the door handle, not like you couldn't find them, but it cool.

Last edited by triplecore; 11-05-08 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-06-08, 05:55 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

I agree, Lexus is really missing the age group of the RX with this interior. Msot people who buy Lexus are older conservative people, they do not want a interior that look too futuristic. Lexus have done so well thus far with designs that please most of the general public, they really miss their target this time.
Old 11-06-08, 07:14 AM
thenwhat
Driver School Candidate

Why it looks just like a Mazda CX9 to me.....
Old 11-06-08, 07:59 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

I notice that they even use that L-finesse in the door handle which is not too bad, but to use that L-finesse trianglar shape for the center dash is just too Subrau Tribeca-ish.
Old 11-06-08, 09:22 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

+1 on being disappointed with the interior tho like others will reserve final judgement until i can see it in person.
Old 11-06-08, 09:24 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

and no i don't think the nav is still touch screen because it doesn't look like it's with in reach. but maybe that is how they will insure you can't fiddle with the nav while in motion. can't reach it

control ****. i know. but still...
Old 11-06-08, 09:28 AM
cduluk
Pole Position

I REALLY hope this is just Lexus trying to fool everyone, that cannot be the new RX. That's probably one of the worst looking interiors i have ever seen.

I thought the interior of the 07+ ES350 was scary, GAH!

The exterior isn't anything to brag about either. I don't like the rear windows, i don't like anything i've seen on this new RX! I'm extremely upset. I'm disgusted. It looks like a mix of a Mazda CZ-9 and an Infiniti, and a BMW... like they had one giant orgy.

I was planning on getting a new SUV in the next 2+ years or so, it looks like i'll be keeping my 03 Rx300 until i move into the new RDX or Infiniti EX or something else.

If Lexus puts this crap into production as the new RX i will be totally disgusted. That interior looks absolutely disgraceful to be called a Lexus. The loss of touch-screen nav, and that hideous center console is NOT an improvement.

Sorry if i seem a bit ignorant considering i haven't seen it in person yet, it's just my worry and concern that this is what i have to look forward to for the next 5 years until they come out with the NEXT generation.

This just feels like a bad dream...

Last edited by cduluk; 11-06-08 at 09:35 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010 RX 350 Specifications and Options