RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Lexus unveils 2010 RX350 & 450h (Pics pg. 18)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-08 | 07:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

saw it at the LA car show and I have to admit it left me wanting more. Why cant lexus depart from the feminine lines of this SUV.
Old 12-06-08 | 12:34 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by encore888
Thx for the new SmartAccess info, spwolf! Looks stylistically nice, I hope the function is as easy or better. The way it 'blends in' reminds me of the headlamp washers on the LS 460, it's a feature that is integrated in such a way you don't really notice it unless really looking.
it looks better and also allows you to close the car without touching the handle, it is a bit more natural... and of course, it looks new and premium :-)
Old 12-06-08 | 07:29 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
saw it at the LA car show and I have to admit it left me wanting more. Why cant lexus depart from the feminine lines of this SUV.
Becauce it's suppose to be a soccer mom SUV, & it has been very successful
Old 12-06-08 | 10:38 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
Perhaps. But what is the benefit of using the Atkinson cycle vs. a smaller engine, say like the 2.5L V6. However, the Escape hybrid runs off the Atkinson cycle and from what I hear and read it does so quite well.
you'll have to ask an engineer. Maybe the benefits of the Aktinson cycle (i.e. the efficiency) is better than a smaller engine on the Otto cycle

Originally Posted by spwolf

here is what new Crown got in Japan for new smart entry system, and new Avensis is getting it for Europe so I am guessing it will be on RX too... Notice two thin strips to close to the door, on the top of the handle as supposed to current button...
So you lock the button by pressing the top of the handle?
Old 12-07-08 | 08:29 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nextourer
you'll have to ask an engineer. Maybe the benefits of the Aktinson cycle (i.e. the efficiency) is better than a smaller engine on the Otto cycle

So you lock the button by pressing the top of the handle?
seems so... quite neat.

as to the atkinson, i am pretty sure most of power you lose, is at the top end, which isnt really used in hybrids anyway...
Old 12-07-08 | 11:51 AM
RXSF

it looks like for the smart access, you slide your finger on top. i dont see a button so most likely its touch sensitive. kinda like a laptop fingerprint reader (without the fingerprint reader) lol
Old 12-07-08 | 01:23 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

hmm, I'll have to change the way I lock the door if that's the case. As of now, I close the door with one finger on the black button. If you close fast enough, it'll shut and lock. If it's a tad late, it'll do the lock beep but won't lock and if it's too late, well you'll get the long beep.
Old 12-08-08 | 01:20 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nextourer
hmm, I'll have to change the way I lock the door if that's the case. As of now, I close the door with one finger on the black button. If you close fast enough, it'll shut and lock. If it's a tad late, it'll do the lock beep but won't lock and if it's too late, well you'll get the long beep.
exactly, it is a bit akward to press it with one finger as supposed to holding the handle and pressing the finger (which may then unlock the door)... this makes it more natural as you pass the finger on the side...
Old 12-09-08 | 02:07 AM
Rash
hmm

Old 12-09-08 | 04:44 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
http://i37.tinypic.com/2hhg56r.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/24d1ms3.jpg
where is that?
Old 12-09-08 | 05:04 AM
Rash
hmm

no idea, but found it in a japanese site.
Old 12-09-08 | 10:21 AM
soc7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I'm holding in my hand a copy of the "Vehicle Ordering Guide" directly from my dealer and it lists the colors as follows:

Deleted Exterior Colors:

Crystal White Pearl
Classic Silver Metallic
Copper Brown Mica
Bamboo Pearl

Added Exterior Colors:

Starfire Pearl
Tungsten Pearl
Truffle Mica
Breakwater Blue Metallic
Cerulean Blue Metallic

Deleted Interior Colors:

Ivory

Added Interior Colors:

Parchment

Thanks.

Does the Ordering Guide confirm that I can order the Matador Red exterior with black interior?
Old 12-09-08 | 12:44 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF
it looks like for the smart access, you slide your finger on top. i dont see a button so most likely its touch sensitive. kinda like a laptop fingerprint reader (without the fingerprint reader) lol
I apologize if this was covered earlier in the thread, I'll admit I haven't read it all.

Is this smart access different than the keyless entry/push button start available on the IS F? If it is the same, there is no need to press anything. All that you need is to have the key fob on your person, and when you pull the door handle it will automatically open. You can set the memory to either just open the driver side door, or change it to unlock all four doors when the driver side is opened. Put your foot on the brake, push the button and you're ready to go. The fob never has to leave your pocket. It is super convenient.
Old 12-09-08 | 12:49 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I apologize if this was covered earlier in the thread, I'll admit I haven't read it all.

Is this smart access different than the keyless entry/push button start available on the IS F? If it is the same, there is no need to press anything. All that you need is to have the key fob on your person, and when you pull the door handle it will automatically open. You can set the memory to either just open the driver side door, or change it to unlock all four doors when the driver side is opened. Put your foot on the brake, push the button and you're ready to go. The fob never has to leave your pocket. It is super convenient.
Yes, that is exactly the same as on the IS F. But what is different for the first time on any Lexus, instead of the button to lock that is on the door handle and visible (black square), now it seems the button on the 3RX is less visible and on top of the handle. Hopefully this works just as well...

I agree, the current SmartAccess is super convenient.

Also, thx Rashoodz for the pics.
Old 12-09-08 | 12:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

you need to push the button on the handle to lock the doors after you exit the car. that's what he's referring to?

Quick Reply: Lexus unveils 2010 RX350 & 450h (Pics pg. 18)