RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Lexus unveils 2010 RX350 & 450h (Pics pg. 18)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-08, 10:59 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by *wishlist*
it took long enough to get them back up again. j/k. although it would've been better if it looked little more like the lf-xh concept, i still like the overall look of it. 450h from the gs perhaps? possibly rwd? ya right, i wish...

another youtube link from a while back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGf18MMPc18&NR=1
not RWD, but it will have real on demand AWD unlike RX400h...

... and Japanese Lexus sites claim that it might have close to 400hp (improved hybrid system compared to GS450h)...
Old 10-29-08, 11:23 AM
*wishlist*
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice if even if into the mid 300s. sounds expensive. i can't wait for the la auto show.

Last edited by *wishlist*; 10-29-08 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-29-08, 11:58 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very interesting.

The exterior looks like a retouched version of the current gen, but somewhat more modern. Would like to have seen more LF-Xh details on it. The side profile, particularly the rear windows, has a more curved appearance that does remind me a bit of the FX/CR-V/Veracruz. However, it is still more angular than those examples. Actually I'm most wondering about the front end. The brochure pics, some of them are warped. Maybe like other L-finesse designs they look even better in person. The taillights, some pics remind me of the first gen.

The interior definitely takes Lexus in a different direction. They 'slant' towards the driver and the angles around the cabin make me think of BMW, and of the LS/ES designs taken in a further futuristic direction. I mourn the loss of the touchscreen, but will wait and see what the controller works out to be.

All in all, I think this design can carry forward the RX in a progressive fashion. But need to know more...
Old 10-29-08, 12:02 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 793 Likes on 556 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the interior shot. Dash reminds me of my friend's old Taurus...
Old 10-29-08, 12:03 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Saw the fuzzy pics on autospies, looks decent, front end reminds me of the IS which is nice, interior was hard to tell but it has a decent look but a little plain in the center stack, very little use of wood trim. I was thinking they may go for something more sleeker and more futuristic looking like how the original RX looked when it hit the market but the RX is so successful for Lexus so why change a winning formula. The last thing the RX should try to be is a manlier sporty aggressive SUV and it should continue to appeal to its female core buyers and I think they made the right choice with the design even though it is a little disappointing especially considering some of the sleek futuristic looking concepts they came out with. It looks alot like the current one.
Old 10-29-08, 12:43 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

The exterior is not that bad, but its not great either. It does appear to be lower to the ground. The LS600 headlights and a true Panoramic roof (compared to the current generations optional multi-roof) are nice features.

The interior gets a big from me. It SCREAMS Toyota. The new Venza has that asymmetrical center stack design as will the new Prius. They carried that over to Lexus. And where the hell is the wood trim!!? Ridiculous amounts of cost cutting. And an iDrive ****!

Lastly, yall see those door panels? Not a damn thing to it. Can we atleast get a crease? Just one crease in the leather?! Maybe some stitching? I'm sorry, but this RX reeks of cost cutting, yet somehow I can see the price increase by about 5 grand.
Old 10-29-08, 12:54 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

^^ the picture with the rear seats barely shows lines where the seats end...they are just really poor quality.

its possible there is stitching on the door.
Old 10-29-08, 12:57 PM
LOL!
Lead Lap

Not bad...but not great either. The lines are clean...this thing will sell. The dash reminds me a lot of the BMW 6 Series...oh don't tell me Lexus is using an I-Drive *** now???
Old 10-29-08, 01:10 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Panoramic roof & I-drive sound like familiar features on some other 4 wheel drive vehicles I was expecting an RX based on the IS350 ala 3 series & A4 from the competion.. The RX will continue to be the vehicle of choice for upper crust hockey/soccer moms..
Old 10-29-08, 01:11 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
Very interesting.

The exterior looks like a retouched version of the current gen, but somewhat more modern. Would like to have seen more LF-Xh details on it. The side profile, particularly the rear windows, has a more curved appearance that does remind me a bit of the FX/CR-V/Veracruz. However, it is still more angular than those examples. Actually I'm most wondering about the front end. The brochure pics, some of them are warped. Maybe like other L-finesse designs they look even better in person. The taillights, some pics remind me of the first gen.

The interior definitely takes Lexus in a different direction. They 'slant' towards the driver and the angles around the cabin make me think of BMW, and of the LS/ES designs taken in a further futuristic direction. I mourn the loss of the touchscreen, but will wait and see what the controller works out to be.

All in all, I think this design can carry forward the RX in a progressive fashion. But need to know more...
I think it can carry it forward. I still have an issue with the rear as it carries forward still most of the 2nd gen RX's BMW X5-like rear end. I still love very much the roundness of the Rx300 rear (and hope Lexus will eventually return to that in the RX), but I do think this is still a good exterior design nevertheless, though I do want to reserve full judgment until seeing one in person.
Old 10-29-08, 02:39 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why did they make this in the first place

It has nothing in common with new RX
Old 10-29-08, 02:43 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

well most concept cars are just for show. i do see some styling cues.
Old 10-29-08, 02:51 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Panoramic roof & I-drive sound like familiar features on some other 4 wheel drive vehicles I was expecting an RX based on the IS350 ala 3 series & A4 from the competion.. The RX will continue to be the vehicle of choice for upper crust hockey/soccer moms..
why would the follow examples for vehicles that sell considerably less than current RX? That really does not make any sense at all... RX is proven formula that they tried to spice up with brand new interior, familiar exterior and lots and lots of technology...
Old 10-29-08, 03:24 PM
*wishlist*
Driver

there's defiinitely some cues from the concept, just not very pronounced... i don't if these details have been mentioned but it looks like the right and left rear seats can slide fore and aft. i want to hear more about the technology, especially the new hybrid tech.
Old 10-29-08, 03:43 PM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bland and boring. With the exception of the IS and LS (which seem to be Italian outsourced designs), almost all Toyotas are some of the ugliest, blandest vehicles on the road.

I can't believe this stuff.

Quick Reply: Lexus unveils 2010 RX350 & 450h (Pics pg. 18)