RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 Lexus Picture Gallery & Specs

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-08, 10:08 AM
RXkillah
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this just might be the pictures. . .but I think they made the hood stand a little taller so the front looks squashed (or they just shortened it). .so it kinda lends this "chubby" effect to the car. Overall it doesn't look as sleek, but who knows, maybe it'd look great in person.

All I can say is. . I have no SERIOUS complaints as of now, since I need to test drive it in order to make that judgment AND it looks nothing like the facelift Acura is giving to their new 09 cars (OMG THE SHIELD) sooo. . .I can't say anything just yet =)
Old 11-21-08, 05:55 PM
MB2006
Pole Position

well , at least I know I am not going to buy this one .
looks like Nissan murano . I really dont like new Lexus style
Old 11-21-08, 11:30 PM
Fennie2578
Driver School Candidate

Default where is the new RX made?

I am never a big fan of the exterior design on the entire Lexus/Toyota lineup, meanwhile the look and feel of inside is the main reason I keep coming back to Lexus. This time the new RX seems to be the same case. By the way, does anyone know where the new RX will be made / assembled in?
Old 11-21-08, 11:38 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

probably canada. however, the hybrid model will continue to be made in japan
Old 11-22-08, 12:05 AM
Crexus
Driver School Candidate

I was at the LA Auto show last night and got to see it in person. The RX350/RX450h were on pedestals so you could not actually sit in them for a better inspection.

I basically left the show thinking it is not much different from my '08 on the exterior- not really.

But man! I would love to have all that new technology in mine!
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Lexus Picture Gallery & Specs-photo.jpg  

Last edited by Crexus; 11-22-08 at 11:29 AM. Reason: added picture
Old 11-22-08, 06:41 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any specs on the MPG on the 450h? Better or worse than the previous generation?
Old 11-22-08, 07:29 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexISguy
definately better. i think it might be around 32-35 mpg

it is said to be 10% better
Old 11-22-08, 05:18 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Lexus' spokeperson said an 8% improvement, so that would make combined fuel economy = 25 mpg (400h combined fuel economy) x 1.08 = 27 mpg combined.

If it's 8% in both city and highway driving that makes ...

City -- 26 mpg x 1.08 = 28.08 mpg
Hwy -- 24 mpg x 1.08 = 25.92 mpg
Old 11-23-08, 02:21 PM
LCB
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks horrible.
Reminds me of a Chevrolet suv. I don't know the name.
Just really bland on the outside. I guess we have to wait until 2016 now.
Old 11-23-08, 03:05 PM
Tom H
Rookie

Definite pass for me. The initial look made me think of a Buick Rendezvous. To me Toyota and Lexus designs have been slowly heading in the dumps for years. That is one ugly SUV IMO. I get a headache just looking at the asymmetrical dash layout. Just not my cup-of-tea. I'll won't even consider this RX in my future, which is now pointing me back to something European. My current 08' RX-350 is my first Lexus and probably my last.
Old 11-23-08, 03:29 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom H
Definite pass for me. The initial look made me think of a Buick Rendezvous. To me Toyota and Lexus designs have been slowly heading in the dumps for years. That is one ugly SUV IMO. I get a headache just looking at the asymmetrical dash layout. Just not my cup-of-tea. I'll won't even consider this RX in my future, which is now pointing me back to something European. My current 08' RX-350 is my first Lexus and probably my last.
I kind of like the look of Toyota's Venza. It seems to be more what I had hoped the new RX would have resembled.
Old 11-23-08, 04:36 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

i dont understand...lol. this will most likely be my next car. i like the look of the outside. how can you guys not like the look of the outside while also saying that it looks like the second generation? if it looks the same, then you should like it the same?

as for the interior, i look forward to the new dash layout
Old 11-23-08, 06:54 PM
sama
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXSF
if it looks the same, then you should like it the same?
Not necessarily, then where is the "change" in life. The interior has been changed in the new model, you either like it or not like it which is amatter of personal taste.

The cabin looks spacious because the navigation has been moved away

The raised gear shifter position looks like that of a mini van, it obstructs the visibility of switches Lexus probably did this to make space for the new nav mouse controller ,"Touch" screens have become the standard now a days including phones and recently on desktop & some laptop computers. Lexus has gone backwards in the 2010 RX by bringing in a mousetype control and getting rid of touchscreen , the outside mirrors have be been stuck onto the body , not integrated and look awkward (this happened to many Lexus models,Honda,Saturn)

Not a big fan of 7 seaters, glad that Lexus kept it as a 5 seater , how many times has anybody seen 7 people in a car during their daily commmute except on holidays or family trips.

But in the end it may just sell fine with existing Lexus owners,
As far as first time buyers only time will tell
Old 11-23-08, 10:44 PM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My own thoughts.

Being one of those who have been from a 2002 300 to a 2004 330 and looking at an upgrade. I had mix feeling about it too. Seeing it in person I was actually pleased. I also sat in a Venza, my thoughts were dissappointing, it is almost a Matrix on steriods. But I have too have been critical of Infinity, Acura and Lexus even and so on with the tweaks here and there of the front grills, head lights, taillights and such.
I still have mixed feeling about the Headlights. I too was at the LA auto show last night. I will post my own pics of the two, the venza and the new RX, as soon as I can make them smaller. I have driven a few Loner RX 350s and really weren't impressed except the for the HP. I have the Air ride and I have the sport shift in my 04 330. I prefer the handling and over all feel of it over the newer ones which don't have the air and a few other gadgets. I did like the quietness compared to my 04 but for me I think it had to do some with the tires. I put Michellins on mine after the RS(sucks) goodyears were low. But the seem harder and louder and I drive freeway miles mostly.
Having a small family so I no longer can just crank the stereo to drowned out some of the noise I appreciated the two 350's I drove for their quietness. My better half wants to upgrade to a GX, because of the room and 3rd row seats, but if we keep with the RX line I think I might enjoy it.
The two complaints I see happening from me is the non movable armrest in the middle is kind of high, and the shifter being kind of high up. But again I sat in a Venza, and I sat in a cheap copy (of the RX) the Ford Edge. Now a days it seems everyone wants that center console. Can't complain too much cause my Z4 has that full console, but not such a high arm rest and I don't lean to the side too much even when I am cruising it.
Wow I have a lot to say. Anyways, I wish I could keep my body kit and have it painted and fitted to fit the new RX, that would make it standout since I get compliments and notices from all the dealers, Toyota/Lexus and others that I have been to in it. That is if I get a new RX. If I upgrade to a GX my whole statements here are basically dead. LOL hope all none of you read this whole thing I feel sorry for even writing it. But guess I just have been anxious as most about the 2010, just cause mine is an 04 and I don't even drive it that much. I was hoping maybe they would add a third row seat, but I have been in a Honda Pilot and that 3rd row seat sucks for air, and is very small. I don't want my wife to be a soccer mom in a Lexus anyways. February is the estimated time for arrival in dealers. Guess if you have to have to sit in one and see one in person to develop your last impressions.
Old 11-24-08, 08:33 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I cant believe Lexus kept that stupid minivan shifter location, that design was out dated in the 90s.

Quick Reply: 2010 Lexus Picture Gallery & Specs