RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 Lexus Picture Gallery & Specs

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-08, 04:16 PM
sama
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Lexus Picture Gallery & Specs

Picture Gallery:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2010-...x450h/1171750/

Specs:
http://www.lexus.com/fcv/RXRXh/RXRXh_popup.html
http://www.lexus.com/fcv/RXandRXh.html

Opinions please
Old 11-19-08, 04:30 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Great stuff!
Old 11-19-08, 04:37 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

They lost me. I was waiting for a serious redesign, not a facelift. This is not good IMO. It looks cheap and plasticky to me. I hate the mirrors. I dislike the rear hatch. I dislike the wheels, tail-lights and headlights. And then there is that dash that reminds me of a Ford Taurus. Bahhh!

Too bad really as I liked the older RX. Time for me to move on to something with more style. This model makes me yawn.

Last edited by jfelbab; 11-19-08 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-19-08, 04:56 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

First off, looks a lot better in a dark color, secondly, the interior look, well to me really bad, specially the steering wheel, maybe a black interior would help, but i doubt it
Old 11-19-08, 05:27 PM
Todd
Pole Position

Default Overall my opinion is negative-

The front and sides are rather bland. I do like the new headlights and tail lights. The wheel options are the same. The spoiler half painted is funky looking. The painted roof rails/rack is baaaaad. Maybe I am just to used to black ones but I think the RX looks weird without the rack as it stands currently anyway. The two tone interior sucks as does the center part of the dash which is way asymmetrical. The seats however look more comfortable and have better side bolsters. The seat bottom however still looks short which has been a major complaint here, no thigh support far enough down toward the knee.

All in all negative minor redesign however it is enough of a styling change to be noticable. They could have kept more of the old style and added a few enhancements that have been noted on this and other forums. I wouldn't rush out to buy one due to the new look. When is the next major redesign slated?
Old 11-19-08, 06:00 PM
AlexusES50
Driver

OUch, i can not believe i was waiting for this...now i don't fell bad buying a used GX470...
Old 11-19-08, 06:04 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

I'll reserve final judgment until I see one in person and I've taken a test drive.
Old 11-19-08, 07:05 PM
cheffron
Driver School Candidate

Default Not sure what to think

The LED Heads up display sounds really intersting, as do the optional LED headlights. Love the new dual lcd panel display for the rear passengers. I also notice a 120v adapter in the center console base facing backward. Wish the much more expensive LX570 had these . . . oh well maybe next year.

The new mouse pointer type device looks like one more thing to worry about failing as opposed to a more simple touch screen. The location of the shifter looks rather poor considering it obscures some of the climate controls while in park.
Old 11-19-08, 07:20 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts

Not sure how to react, which I guess says it all. Certainly not awe inspiring or giving me that overwhelming I got to have one feeling. First reaction was Subaru Tribecca. Second, when looking at the front end, was Camry. Interior looks very interesting, more car like which is OK. Shifter in the dash is a little too Nissan quest like. The exterior; not so sure. Rear view is OK, front; not convinced as stated earlier. Side views; not overly inspiring. Kind of flat below that odd belt line to that chromed insert piece on the bottom. Mirrors look odd, almost like an afterthought, not really integrated. Don't like rear doors that blend into the wheel well. As others have said, will need to see one to be convinced. Wish they had put fatter tires on; one thing I really like about the look of the X5. Also, in profile, the tires/wheels still look small. I thought stock 350 size was 19". They still look out of scale; too much wheel well above the rubber.

Last edited by JasDmw; 11-19-08 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-19-08, 07:23 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

So far, I really like it. They have fixed the few shortfalls I found in my '06 RX400h without changing the basic character of the vehicle. It looks like even the passenger seat has the extending thigh support and the vented seats will be nice. It also appears that they put the spare tire inside which makes it much more useable.

More power and better economy - I think the RX450h will be a real winner.

Steve
Old 11-19-08, 08:02 PM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2010 rx350

So when will we be able to see one at the dealer?
Old 11-19-08, 08:07 PM
sama
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KeysRx300
So when will we be able to see one at the dealer?
http://www.lexus.com/fcv/RXRXh/RXRXh_popup.html
It is at the bottom of the page in the link above
Old 11-19-08, 08:13 PM
craniotes
Driver School Candidate

Default Playing it safe...

I had really hoped that Lexus would knock the exterior design out of the park this time around, but with hindsight being 20-20, it makes sense that they would play it safe with their breadwinner. To call it conservative is an understatement, and from the pics I've seen thus far, I have to say that I prefer the current bodystyle. The interior, on the other hand, appeals to me on pretty much every level. I'm particularly intrigued by the idea of a HUD. I've never driven a car so equipped, but it seems like it could be a really useful option. As for the navigation system, all I can say to you touch-screen aficionados out there is don't knock it 'till you try it. The joystick-operated system in my MDX Sport works like a charm, even on the fly, and its higher position on the dash places it closer to driving sightlines. I would imagine that this new Lexus system is all that and then some (HDD-based, high-resolution screen...). Hopefully they won't cripple it when the vehicle is shifted out of Park...

I will say that I am a bit disappointed in the engine department, though. While the hybrid is a definite step up, the 350's powerplant is basically a carry-over. In this day and age 300hp is pretty much the minimum price of entry in this category, IMO. Of course, the RX should still have a decent weight advantage over its competition, so I'm going to assume that its performance is up to snuff until I'm told otherwise.

All-in-all, it looks like Lexus took a solid CUV and made it more so. While there's nothing to really hate here, there's not a whole lot to love either.

Regards,
Adam
Old 11-19-08, 08:16 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am so sad right now, it's not even believable. I'm so afraid that the real thing will be EVEN WORSE than the pictures. The mid console, over plastic passenger side dash, and no 7-passenger... it's over for me. I waited six years through 2G RX for this???? UGH !!!!
Old 11-19-08, 08:40 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank god they have some seats that seem to be designed for adults. Other than that the controls don't seem to be laid out as good as my parent's 07. Well we didn't come to the Lexus camp for looks, it's the dependabiltiy for us. I'm sure it's a fine vehicle.

Quick Reply: 2010 Lexus Picture Gallery & Specs