RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

So disappointed with the new 2010 RX....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-08, 03:27 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree, it's not that bad. however, it's not too good either. i was so excited by Gen2 that i got the first one on launch day back in late Mar 03. i paid MSRP and everything (and traded in a very low mileage 01 RX). and i never regretted it, still don't.

i definitely would NOT do the same for Gen3 though ... and i LOVE new techno gadgets
Old 11-21-08, 03:47 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

lol i paid full msrp for my 04 too. my RX300 lease was up so i had to get rid of it. im pretty sure ill get the hybrid this time around. but theres still time to change my mind...
Old 11-21-08, 04:24 PM
sama
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by herbvdh
I like the new RX400h and may consider one when my lease is up on my 2006 RX400h. They even made big improvements on the gas milage I heard at least 8 MPG better so instead of 25 to 26 I would get in the low 30's.
Actually it 8% more than the current version, the edmunds guy in the youtube report is quoting 8 mpg instead which would be 33.33%
and everybody will be buying an hybrid 450h instead of 350.
Old 11-22-08, 09:35 AM
testmetest
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking about an RX in the future. As long as they have that console that looks like it's marketed to 20 year olds, I won't buy it.
Old 11-22-08, 09:45 AM
ho0n
Pole Position

Personally, I'm in the middle of really hoping that VW USA will bring the Scirocco state-side. My RX was nice, and it drove well, but the transmission frustrated me. My interior started to click when I hit bumps, and my B-pillar cover is separating from the frame. I can go on and on with other small things, but it amounts to my point that I wouldn't have paid this much if I knew this was how my RX would age.
Old 11-22-08, 11:18 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really sure what all the fuss is about. The progression of the RX has been evolutionary, not revolutionary as some had hoped, but they weren't going to dramatically change their best selling vehicle.

When we shopped for our '04 RX we looked at the MDX, the XC90 and the X5. The XC90 and X5 were bigger and about $20K more expensive, so they were out. The RX and MDX were similarily priced, with the MDX having better technology and more power. The styling and the luxurious interior, however, convinced the wife that the RX was the vehicle she wanted. Now that the RX has caught up in power and exceeds in technology and interior, there isn't anything in the class that is even close.

We can't wait to get our new one....just can't decide on the the 350 or 450.h
Old 11-22-08, 01:41 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ho0n
Personally, I'm in the middle of really hoping that VW USA will bring the Scirocco state-side. My RX was nice, and it drove well, but the transmission frustrated me. My interior started to click when I hit bumps, and my B-pillar cover is separating from the frame. I can go on and on with other small things, but it amounts to my point that I wouldn't have paid this much if I knew this was how my RX would age.
If you think those problems with the RX bothered you, wait 'till you try to live with VW quality and reliability for a year or so. My neighbors Toureg lasted about 5 months before he traded it for an RX350. Most of the 5 months were spent in the shop waiting for parts. He also did not get a loaner car for most of this time. The worst news was that no one wanted his Toureg in trade so he took a real bath.
Steve
Old 11-22-08, 05:01 PM
jbdvm1988
Driver School Candidate

like some of you i was anxiously awaiting the 2010 RX having heard there may be a third row seat and an interior upgrade . from the photos i've seen the nose of the vehicle looks disproportionate and overall this is the least attractive generation RX imho. i'm cautiously optimistic that i'll like more seeing it in person at the north american auto show this january
Old 11-22-08, 05:20 PM
rklages
Pole Position

It's disappointing that it still has no 3rd row - the Highlander is a much better value with a 3rd row, but doesn't look as nice. The new Toyota Venza is pretty much an RX now and a much better deal. I like driving the Lexus and how the dealer treats me, but I it is getting really hard to pay the extra money over a Toyota. If I was shopping for a new truck next year, I think the Audi Q5 would win out over the new RX!
Old 11-22-08, 06:26 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

What is people's obsession with a 3rd row?

The 3rd row in a GX is almost useless, and it's a much bigger vehicle. there is absolutely no room in the RX to add a 3rd row without making the vehicle way bigger than it is, which defeats the purpose of buying an RX.
Old 11-23-08, 12:16 AM
sportsfan8
Pole Position

I checked out the LA Auto Show today, and there's no difference between seeing pictures of the new RX vs. in person. Sure, all the tech goodies are there now... but I just can't get over the design, both rear and front. I played with the demo of the new "Remote Touch" controls for the Nav screen, and while it's pretty much just like using a computer mouse, it's still not as quick and snappy as a touch screen.

I thought that the Venza looked pretty nice, they even had a tricked out version on display, with huge wheels, smoked tail lights, and everything else. I want to make my '07 RX look like that!
Old 11-23-08, 06:03 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

The exterior design is ****.

I mean
Of all the L-finesse vehicles I've seen, this car does not seem have any finesse at all. This is the most boring-designed Lexus vehicle I've seen in this decade.

Old 11-24-08, 08:50 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

All those so call high tech options on the new RX have been out for years, its just that Lexus have been slow to put them into the RX.
Old 11-24-08, 09:49 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

High tech today... old tech tomorrow. There's only so much you can add to a car nowadays short of ejection seats, mud slicks, and torpedo launchers. Who doesn't have something that's "new" now but jumk tomorrow.
Old 11-24-08, 10:16 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Does anyone agree with me that the exterior does not match the interior as far as design is concerned. The exterior looks dated and old, the interior looks too futuristic and radical. The interior and the exterior looks like they were design 15 year apart.

Quick Reply: So disappointed with the new 2010 RX....