RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 Lexus RX - Worth the Premium?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-09, 03:11 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iluvaxes18
For the record, D includes C but not S; as it is the luxury model, it does not have the sport tuned steering and suspension, or unique wheels. It does have the VDIM and leather wheel / ****, though.
You are correct. Thanks for clarifying.

Sorry, it was late when I was trying to copy the info over from the dealer's sheet.
Old 01-27-09, 03:55 PM
Marshallp7
Rookie

Default Joystick

I wasn't too sure about the joystick for the navi system until I had a chance to play with it...IT I VERY USER FRIENDLY...I ACTUALLY LIKE IT MORE THAN THE TOUCH SCREEN...
Old 01-29-09, 04:43 PM
AEmgee
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For Canadians, I noticed that CarCostCanada now has invoice pricing available. Does anybody have this information?
Old 01-29-09, 04:48 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AEmgee
For Canadians, I noticed that CarCostCanada now has invoice pricing available. Does anybody have this information?
Dealer pricing and packages are all listed on the previous page.
There won't be anything near invoice for a long time, if at all, out here. The economy isn't that bad and it's a brand new model, hence no dealer incentives.
Old 01-30-09, 06:24 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
There won't be anything near invoice for a long time, if at all, out here. The economy isn't that bad and it's a brand new model, hence no dealer incentives.
So you are saying the new RX will NEVER sell at invoice and that the recession we are having is not that bad. Hmmm, you have any facts to back your self up on those two statments?
Old 01-30-09, 06:47 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
So you are saying the new RX will NEVER sell at invoice and that the recession we are having is not that bad. Hmmm, you have any facts to back your self up on those two statments?
Not sure if you noticed where the previous poster lives; he's in the heart of the oil patch, where the economy is just starting to slow down. Having lived there, the prevailling attitude in a boom is gouge; get as much as you can before the bust hits. For those of you in the US and those of us in Eastern Canada, the situation may be different. I personally can't see them discounting for the first few months, witness pricing for the Venza. When I did a quick check on the Toyota Canada site, interest rates for that are 6.9%! Manufacturers are going to get as much as they can anytime, and anytime a new model comes out, they will take advantage of the early adopters. No difference here. Later this year or a year from now; who knows, but my bet is discounts/financing offers likely.
Old 01-30-09, 08:00 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

I love how people seem to always talk in absolutes on here.
To say that they will never sell at invoice is ridiculous and not something I stated.

As JasDmw kindly pointed out, I was specifically referring to our current economic climate here in Alberta. I feel bad for everyone getting kicked by the ecomomy, but while it has slowed here, it is not terrible.

But, if you think you're going to be finding new '10 RX's anywhere for near invoice pricing in the near future you are deluding yourself. It will be months before that will happen. Have a chat with kalvano who works for Lexus and see what they're offering on the new RX.
Old 01-30-09, 09:41 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JasDmw
Not sure if you noticed where the previous poster lives; he's in the heart of the oil patch, where the economy is just starting to slow down. Having lived there, the prevailling attitude in a boom is gouge; get as much as you can before the bust hits. For those of you in the US and those of us in Eastern Canada, the situation may be different.
But CDNROCKIES was responding to the post above his in which the poster is from WA USA.
Old 01-30-09, 09:48 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

To say that they will never sell at invoice is ridiculous and not something I stated.
There won't be anything near invoice for a long time, if at all

Have you ever consider a career in politics? Maybe a career as a car salesman
Old 01-30-09, 09:50 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AEmgee
Dealer pricing and packages are all listed on the previous page.
But CDNROCKIES was responding to the post above his in which the poster is from WA USA.
Read the posts again.
Old 01-30-09, 09:54 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Have you ever consider a career in politics? Maybe a career as a car salesman
LMAO...politics doesn't pay nearly enough.

I've already taken on municipal politicians through my business and won. Besides, my ethics are probably to strong to qualify. Can't imagine why anyone would want to do it?

And I'll leave the car sales to kalvano.
Old 01-30-09, 10:27 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Read the posts again.
My apology, I thought the poster was asking about his area, he listed WA State in his signature.
Old 01-30-09, 10:32 AM
AEmgee
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry for confusing everybody. When I registered for ClubLexus I was located in WA state, but have since gone back to Canada!

Anyhow, to make up for causing such a stir, here is the Canadian invoice pricing for the "S" package:

2010 Lexus RX 350 AWD 4dr
4WD Sport Utility Vehicles

Manufacture warranty
<<< PRELIMINARY 2010 WARRANTY >>> Basic: 4 Years/80,000 km Drivetrain: 6 Years/110,000 km Corrosion: 6 Years/Unlimited km Emissions: 4 Years/80,000 km Roadside Assistance: 4 Years/Unlimited km

Fuel economy
EnerGuide Estimate - City (L/100 km): 11.6 (Est)
EnerGuide Estimate - Hwy (L/100 km): 8.2 (Est)

Retail Price * Wholesale Price **
Base $46,900.00 $42,859.00
Freight $1,895.00 $1,895.00

Optional equipment selected
- FEDERAL AIR CONDITIONING EXCISE TAX (-EXTAX) $100.00 $100.00
- SPORT PKG -inc: perforated leather seats, heated & ventilated front seats, driver seat memory, auto-dimming side view mirrors, pwr moonroof, pwr rear door w/jam protection, bi-xenon HID headlamps, auto high beam feature, auto leveling headlamp system, adaptive front lighting system, (1) wallet-size smart card key, auto-dimming rear view mirror w/integrated backup camera, 19" aluminum alloy wheels w/unique finish, P235/55R19 tires, voice-activated HDD navigation system w/remote touch, XM real-time traffic capability, (12) speaker Lexus premium audio, rear subwoofer, USB audio input, backup camera in navigation display, vehicle dynamics integrated management (VDIM), heads-up display, sport-tuned suspension, sport-tuned steering (S_) $10,000.00 $8,200.00

Totals including all items above $58,895.00 $53,054.00

*Retail Price - Also referred to as the M.S.R.P. or Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price or Retail Factory Price. The price the dealer wants you to pay.

** Wholesale Price - Also referred to as the Dealer Invoice Price, Dealer Factory Price or Dealer Cost. The price the dealer pays for the car, before adjusting for any applicable Factory Incentives. To start your negotiations, take this number, add a fair dealer markup/profit (3%-5% on most cars) and deduct any applicable factory incentive below.

Last edited by AEmgee; 01-30-09 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-30-09, 10:59 AM
rxovermdx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In two years, 2010 RX will be about 35 % cheaper..man Rx depreciates too fast.. Not worthed $$$
Old 01-30-09, 08:44 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rxovermdx
In two years, 2010 RX will be about 35 % cheaper..man Rx depreciates too fast.. Not worthed $$$
Given that most cars lose 20-30 % the instant it's driven off the lot, 35% in two years isn't bad.

Quick Reply: 2010 Lexus RX - Worth the Premium?