RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 RX pricing & info

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-09, 11:25 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 RX pricing & info

2010 RX will be around $1300 more, depending on package.

A nav car that was previously $44,800 or so will now run about $46,100.

A basic RX that was about $41,500 will now run about $42,000.

No specials. No tax credits, no rates, no money factors, no nothing.
Old 02-03-09, 12:04 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at those prices, all I can say is Ouch! Is Lexus going to price itself out of the market with the new RX, sure looks like it givin the economy and the pull back in consumer spending.
Old 02-03-09, 12:10 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

That's an ouch?

What, you were expecting it to be cheaper?

It's a 3% price increase for significantly more equipment...how on Earth is that "pricing themselves out of the market"?
Old 02-03-09, 12:12 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

I don't think any vehicle is going to do well in this market. However, I do think Lexus will end up faring better than its competitors, and that's about all that can be hoped for with the current state of the economy.
Old 02-03-09, 12:13 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

lol it does seem rather reasonable, the RX was always "too good" of a deal.

for comparison,
an RX350 fwd bases at $37,xxx
a C350 (entry level mercedes) bases at $39,000
Old 02-03-09, 12:18 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kalvano
2010 RX will be around $1300 more, depending on package.

A nav car that was previously $44,800 or so will now run about $46,100.

A basic RX that was about $41,500 will now run about $42,000.

No specials. No tax credits, no rates, no money factors, no nothing.
That's good news, IIRC there was an internal debate with corporate sales discussing a more modest increase vs. a higher one. The $1,300 premium for the new model is definitely more modest compared to what could have occurred, particular in better economic times. Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-03-09, 12:21 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

When I recall that I purchased my TC for under $38k off the lot, brand new, the “new and improved” RX with all this wonderful new equipment appears to be getting rather high in cost. We are considering a replacement for our RX this year, and have been looking around at what the competition has to offer. There are still some vehicles that we have not been able to see/try out (including the new RX), but so far all we have seen/read about have been lower in cost. I would like to be able to stick with Lexus as we have had virtually zero issues with our RX and our IS (and the Lexus’ before), but somehow, I just cannot wrap my arms around the proposed pricing, and the looks, based on photos, still leave me cold.
Old 02-03-09, 12:28 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

The RX competes with the MDX, the X5, the ML, etc.

It easily wins against all of those in price.
Old 02-03-09, 12:41 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 515 Likes on 385 Posts

The RX competes with the MDX, the X5, the ML, etc.

It easily wins against all of those in price.
I have already got my money down on the first loaded 450h at my dealer. BUT, I am betting that by the time the RX450h hits the dealers the economy or should I say the "New Economy" will take it toll on Lexus like everyone else.

I hope that no one thinks we are near the bottom of this economic free fall, the wind will continue to whistle by our ears for a while! Just wait till the end of the 1st quarter and the figures are released! It is not going to be pretty!

Do not get me wrong, I think the 2010 RX models are greatly improved and worth what they are asking for them, but I think they will have trouble moving the number of units they have in production.
Old 02-03-09, 12:44 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

A $1300 increase is certainly less than what was repoarted early. Maybe Lexus does listen to the public What other equipment does the nav package come with? The Nav package is $4100 more than the base. While the base unit only have a $500 price increase from the 09, the nav equipped RX went up in price $1300.
Old 02-03-09, 12:58 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

You guys keep talking about "the economy"...you only wish it was as bad as the news would have you believe.

We sold 4 less cars this January than last January. People are still out there, spending money.

(Unless you live in California or Florida, then yeah, it's pretty much screwed.)

The $46,172 incluudes remote start, the nav audio system, 19"s, wood package, comfort package, wheel locks, premium package.

You can do it without the remote start and wheel locks and such for about $45,565.

The non-nav car still has 19"s, Premium package, heated / ventilated seats, back-up camera, things like that.
Old 02-03-09, 01:22 PM
psu77
Rookie

I agree with Kalvano that this is a reasonable increase considering the new technology and the redesign. I just hope that the premium between the RX350 and the RX450h is reduced since Toyota has been trying to reduce the costs for the hybrid option.
Old 02-03-09, 01:23 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

You guys keep talking about "the economy"...you only wish it was as bad as the news would have you believe.

We sold 4 less cars this January than last January. People are still out there, spending money.

(Unless you live in California or Florida, then yeah, it's pretty much screwed.)

The $46,172 incluudes remote start, the nav audio system, 19"s, wood package, comfort package, wheel locks, premium package.

You can do it without the remote start and wheel locks and such for about $45,565.

The non-nav car still has 19"s, Premium package, heated / ventilated seats, back-up camera, things like that.
Or in Washington State where we "don't have a deficit", well, we didn't until our Governor Queen Chrissie was reelected, then suddenly out of nowhere we had a $6 Billion shortfall. And now Boeing is laying off, as is Microsoft etc. Here, price will definitely be a key issue.

While I agree in principal, that the $1300 or so increase is not all that significant, when I look at other vehicles that in general, do the same job as the RX, may not be quite as plush, but costing upwards of $10k less than the new RX, I really have to look hard to justify the increased $'s. We will be waiting final judgment till we have a chance to drive the RX, the Venza, the Q5, and a couple of others.

BTW we did drive the MB MLK, no thanks, what a total disappointment in quality, appearance, handling, and yikes, the true cost, not what you hear in the commercial, which is really deceiving. They (MB) tout a 2 wheel drive, basic MLK, none of which have even been produced yet (according to our local Toyota/MB Dealer). I was less than impressed.
Old 02-03-09, 01:50 PM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

You do realize that the lay off numbers from the past month are REPORTED numbers that COMPANIES are disclosing? ABC is not spinning a wheel and saying "Caterpillar laid off 20K people today" for fun...

Perhaps your job, and the jobs of well-off people are not in jeopardy yet, but every announcement by a company for lay-offs and cutbacks is just less money being spent in our country and less money your own company will take in. Not to mention it is unnerving to read about 100K+ job losses in a week. Really makes me want to go out and owe $40K+ right now...

And I would guess that the decent car sales for Jan. are the direct result of massive discounting on current models. Take away the discounting in a worsening economic climate (as many economists are predicting through 2009) and then let's see where the sales figures stand later this year.

Just my two cents.
Old 02-03-09, 02:39 PM
JaxIS250
Driver

GGebhardt......hey there!!!
You put down a deposit???? Great to hear!!! Did you do it at Lexus of Jax or Orange Park?
It is an awesome vehicle (RX 350). Remember, I work for TMS, so I have seen them at the port......it is just an awesome vehicle. I got to drive one also, but not very far Less than 1 mile........

Quick Reply: 2010 RX pricing & info