RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Took delivery earlier today: 2010 RX350 FWD

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-09, 11:23 AM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts
Smile Took delivery earlier today: 2010 RX350 FWD

So far, so good. . . . Tungsten Pearl/gray interior; Nav; Premium Package; Wood package. MSRP: $43,078

Drove 110 miles to Palm Springs . . . delivered 32.8 mpg all freeway driving. All works great . . . solid, stable ride, super comfortable large seats, silent A/C; iPod integrates perfectly . . . albums; songs; playlists, etc. show up on Nav screen. Very easy to operate. Voice activated nav is incredibly user friendly - easy to operate. Happy to have passed on the '09 Pebble Beach deals or the '08 RX H400. Tough decision though. The new RX is greatly advanced, I believe. Will field questions later . . . p
Old 02-13-09, 12:07 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterun
So far, so good. . . . Tungsten Pearl/gray interior; Nav; Premium Package; Wood package. MSRP: $43,078

Drove 110 miles to Palm Springs . . . delivered 32.8 mpg all freeway driving. All works great . . . solid, stable ride, super comfortable large seats, silent A/C; iPod integrates perfectly . . . albums; songs; playlists, etc. show up on Nav screen. Very easy to operate. Voice activated nav is incredibly user friendly - easy to operate. Happy to have passed on the '09 Pebble Beach deals or the '08 RX H400. Tough decision though. The new RX is greatly advanced, I believe. Will field questions later . . . p
Peterun,

Please keep us posted on your continuning impression. I found it a bit encouring after a great disappointment yesterday when I test drove a new RX. I first put my elderly parents in an RX back in 2004 with the new 330, then again in 2007 with an RX 350. They have loved it. I thought it would be business as usual with the 2010 RX350 but when I test drove one yesterday I found the engine noise, road noise, and wind noise much worse than in their 2007 RX. I was sick when I left the dealership. Having them in a dependable and safe car had made my life much more stress free. Now I don't know what to do. The exterior of the RX is okay but my mother really doesn't care for the interior of the new RX with much less handsome wood surfaces. The quality is a step down. We also had counted on the seats having the option of the extending seat cushion as found in other Lexus models. Maybe reports of fuel mileage like you report will help me get over the disappointment. In the meantime I am sick about having to look a different vehicle for them. I hope your report helps convince me to take a second look.
Old 02-13-09, 12:36 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

The attractiveness of the interior/exterior is subjective. I think the '10 looks like a really good progression, outgrowth of previous generation. IMO, the '10 is significantly quieter . . . and much more fun to drive. Steering is much quicker. Voice commands are easy and seem to be fool proof so far. Just my 2 cents on this. p
Old 02-13-09, 12:46 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Please post a picture or two when you have a moment. Thanks.
Old 02-13-09, 01:08 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Thumbs up Picture . . per your request!

Here's a picture of my new RX.
Attached Thumbnails Took delivery earlier today:  2010 RX350 FWD-img00186.jpg  
Old 02-13-09, 01:18 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Cool One more picture, this morning . .

Taken in Palm Springs. . . .Car purchased NOT in Palm Springs. . .Crown Lexus in Ontario, California
Attached Thumbnails Took delivery earlier today:  2010 RX350 FWD-img00190.jpg  
Old 02-13-09, 01:48 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The attractiveness of the interior/exterior is subjective. I think the '10 looks like a really good progression, outgrowth of previous generation. IMO, the '10 is significantly quieter . . . and much more fun to drive. Steering is much quicker. Voice commands are easy and seem to be fool proof so far. Just my 2 cents on this. p
I think I will go take a second look. I just kind of shut down and lost interest after the engine, wind, and motor noise. The sales person even remarked on it being louder. She mentioned one she had driven before wasn't that loud. I do find the exterior to be better than the 09. Please gives us an update as more time passes.
Old 02-13-09, 02:09 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how long did it take you to get it?
Old 02-13-09, 02:33 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

i didnt realize they were on the road already! this is great news. im assuming you pay MSRP?
Old 02-13-09, 06:03 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Congrats on your new RX.

Interesting comments on the wind noise. There have been several comments in Car Chat that the new RX is significantly quieter than the older models. It would be interesting to see actual decibel levels, but that's probably asking to much for Lexus to test.
Old 02-13-09, 06:34 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Tight, tight, tight. Drove over some bumpy roads here. . . . not a single rattle, except for the horizontal hatch cover. Perhaps if it were closed it would have stayed silent. I removed the cover . . . early in the game. . . but very quiet, no rattles, no shakes, no pulls to left or right at high speed (70 mph). BlackBerry phone book downloaded instantly. Voice recognition picks up each name immediately . . no training, no recording. Amazing. Nav feature: XM Traffic; XM Weather. Push the voice button on steering column and info is given immediately. It delineates approximately 5 freeways in the area and asks the driver to confirm which one. Verbal response. Weather forecast for most US cities for five days, upon verbal request. All's good, so far!
Old 02-13-09, 06:35 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats and thx for sharing your impressions! Please keep us posted. Good to hear about the iPod integration...like to know more about how the voice recognition works too.
Old 02-13-09, 06:40 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For being so much better, in terms of technology, the interior wood trim really does look bad. Looks almost worse than the Chrysler'esque plastic wood. I had to touch and knock on it to make sure it didn't have a plastic konk.

As for fit-n-finish over all, I thought it was an improvement over the 2nd gen. Better feeling materials all around and the seat much more plush.
Old 02-13-09, 07:30 PM
LBCDan
Driver

Default Remote Touch Controller

The Remote Touch Controller for the Navi was developed and manufactured by DENSO. All the reviews have been great.
Old 02-14-09, 11:02 AM
AEmgee
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations on your new 2010 RX350! Was it manufactured in Japan or Canada?

Quick Reply: Took delivery earlier today: 2010 RX350 FWD