RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Lease Numbers on 2010 RX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-09, 07:57 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lease Numbers on 2010 RX?

Hi all. Just curious if anyone has gotten any lease figures on a 2010 RX yet?

If you have, would you mind sharing the following info:

Price Paid
MSRP
Money Factor
Term (# months)
Mile allowance
Residual

Date you got the info.

This is valuable info for anyone looking to lease anyway but it would be great to see some real world experiences and numbers to see what people are hearing.

I'd love to see this thread continue for a while to see what happens in Feb, Mar, April and beyond.

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Old 02-19-09, 10:35 AM
ciparis
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Residuals were high (can't remember exact figures, I looked at various different year options). Notably higher than every other car on the lot -- not too surprising since the thing will be current-model-year for 18 months or so.

Lease factors bottomed out at .00285 (and that was after haggling). Nothing like the .00101 available on the IS right now.

MSRP was pretty much it.
I set mine for 12k/year and took a 4 year lease.
Old 02-25-09, 02:58 PM
woodard197
Driver School Candidate

Default current offer

I got offered MSRP for 15k/yr, 57% residual, MF of 0.00364.

MD tax (6%) rolled back into price- nothing down- ended up with payment of $925

Too much to me. I'm turning in my 06 MDX today, and with $1500 loyalty, I can get a 09 Tech w/ rear DVD for under $700 a month.

I'm gonna wait a month and drive my old pickup around, to see if the price drops below sticker....who pays sticker for a car?!?
Old 02-27-09, 04:52 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Thanks for the info guys! I didn't expect too much in the way of Lexus support this early in the model year but thought I'd ask.

I'm just surprised no one else has bothered to share their experiences or numbers! I can't believe all of the people that come here to research and then when they go to get their vehicle (or shop for it) they don't reciprocate by sharing the info to help the others that helped them so much!

Well - to the folks that have been sharing - I thank you and applaud you. To the folks that haven't - Please speak up. If you've gotten any help from the info on these boards please contribute and share back!

Ok, rant over but I did want to bump this thread to keep it going. I'm curious to see if a lease makes any sense at this point or in the near future.

Thanks!

Jay

P.S. - oh, and if you two are the only ones who have asked a Lexus dealer about leasing since the release of the 2010's I should be looking at a pretty steep discount very soon right?!
Old 02-27-09, 09:46 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

The cheapest one I have seen was a bit under $800, with T's down.

Residuals are great, standard rates only, no discount.
Old 02-28-09, 01:09 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

hey guys! i'm looking to lease the 2010 rx too but i'm new to the lease thing so i was wondering what all these terms mean and how i calculate them. thansk guys!

residual? MF of 0.00364. ? MSRP for 15k/yr. thanks guys!
Old 03-01-09, 11:29 AM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Thanks for the info guys! I didn't expect too much in the way of Lexus support this early in the model year but thought I'd ask.

I'm just surprised no one else has bothered to share their experiences or numbers! I can't believe all of the people that come here to research and then when they go to get their vehicle (or shop for it) they don't reciprocate by sharing the info to help the others that helped them so much!

Well - to the folks that have been sharing - I thank you and applaud you. To the folks that haven't - Please speak up. If you've gotten any help from the info on these boards please contribute and share back!

Ok, rant over but I did want to bump this thread to keep it going. I'm curious to see if a lease makes any sense at this point or in the near future.

Thanks!

Jay

P.S. - oh, and if you two are the only ones who have asked a Lexus dealer about leasing since the release of the 2010's I should be looking at a pretty steep discount very soon right?!
Jay, I find it amazing a thread discussing what color to buy draws more replies than this thread. Could it be this is not a concern to people, or does it mean there aren't many considering the new overpriced RX? Then again, for me it's almost a useless discussion since I don't believe there is any such thing as a $50,000+ RX. Dependability, customer service, and price is what Lexus used to offer over the Germans. I think they are losing focus and my attention.
Old 03-01-09, 05:18 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From DNC:

"Could it be this is not a concern to people, or does it mean there aren't many considering the new overpriced RX? Then again, for me it's almost a useless discussion since I don't believe there is any such thing as a $50,000+ RX. Dependability, customer service, and price is what Lexus used to offer over the Germans. I think they are losing focus and my attention."

I beg to differ. First of all, the price has virtually remained unchanged from the previous generation. Secondly, the new RX is still very much in the lead over the competition when it comes to dependability, customer service, and price. Maybe they are losing your attention but I almost guarantee you that the new RX will by far be the best seller over the competition. I think the new RX is a great improvement over the 2nd generation on all counts. The interior layout with the new technology is especially pleasing.

As far as the lack of leasing data is concerned, what do you expect from a car that just became available? Give it some time. My wife and I just ordered the RX hybrid with everything on it except for the rear entertainment. We are going to go with the one payment lease option for 3 years, but I don't yet know what they will charge us for an interest rate. The car should be here with the first shipment of the RX450h to the dealer, probably in late April or May. The reason why we are opting for the one payment lease and not an outright purchase is because of the rapid changes in hybrid technology. Three years from now, who knows where the hybrid science will stand? We also love the fact that we don't have to make monthly payments. I feel better paying up front and getting the "pain" out of the way all at once.

Last edited by PatsSoxfan; 03-01-09 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-01-09, 07:41 PM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Well at least people are posting on this thread! Thank you

I have to say, I can't imagine that no one other then Ciparis has even investigated the leases. I would think that if you've ordered the car it would at least be important for you to know what they rates will be, residuals, etc.

I'm just looking for people to share their experiences. I'm guessing lease numbers will be bad initially but improve depending on sales, the economy, etc.

Just trying to get some idea of what I'm looking at if I go to lease a 2010 and disappointed more people haven't bothered to share - that's all. I'm also looking for when those numbers start to change. The only way I'll know that is when they post.

Thanks for stopping in and posting though!

Jay
Old 03-01-09, 08:00 PM
sarah

as much as I love Lexus, I also think they have become too overpriced. probably just supply and demand, but still......

my father just leased a 2009 Mercedes GL550 a couple of weeks ago. (GL550 is the "big" brother to the ML) the MSRP was around $81,000. He was offered $1042/month, on a 48-month lease with 48,000 miles. No money down.(partly because he's really good at this, and partly because his last lease car was also a Mercedes, so there's some loyal customer discount?)

I prefer buying my cars/SUVs out right. But if I have to choose to lease a SUV tomorrow, I'll probably find my father's Mercedes salesman and get on the $1042/month lease.(probably more like $1097 for me, because of my credit score, according to the salesman)

Not a hard choice for me, based on these figures
$1097 for a Mercedes GL550(MSRP around$81000)
$ 925 for a 2010 Lexus RX350(MSRP around $51000)

Oh... an on top of that, the MB dealer also throws in $500 gift certificate for the MB Accessory Catalog....
Old 03-01-09, 08:39 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
From DNC:

"Could it be this is not a concern to people, or does it mean there aren't many considering the new overpriced RX? Then again, for me it's almost a useless discussion since I don't believe there is any such thing as a $50,000+ RX. Dependability, customer service, and price is what Lexus used to offer over the Germans. I think they are losing focus and my attention."

I beg to differ. First of all, the price has virtually remained unchanged from the previous generation. Secondly, the new RX is still very much in the lead over the competition when it comes to dependability, customer service, and price. Maybe they are losing your attention but I almost guarantee you that the new RX will by far be the best seller over the competition. I think the new RX is a great improvement over the 2nd generation on all counts. The interior layout with the new technology is especially pleasing.

As far as the lack of leasing data is concerned, what do you expect from a car that just became available? Give it some time. My wife and I just ordered the RX hybrid with everything on it except for the rear entertainment. We are going to go with the one payment lease option for 3 years, but I don't yet know what they will charge us for an interest rate. The car should be here with the first shipment of the RX450h to the dealer, probably in late April or May. The reason why we are opting for the one payment lease and not an outright purchase is because of the rapid changes in hybrid technology. Three years from now, who knows where the hybrid science will stand? We also love the fact that we don't have to make monthly payments. I feel better paying up front and getting the "pain" out of the way all at once.
Yes, the price has changed as you will find out when you discover the money factor of the one time payment you have already decided to hand over without knowing the cost to you. They are losing my attention because they are pricing themselves out of the market. I drove one for a couple of days and as much as I like it, it cannot compete with BMW and Audi when it comes to handling, performance, safety, fit, and finish. That is all fine to me when Lexus isn't trying to price the RX like the Germans. The issues that caused me to lease an RX were dependability, customer service, and pricing. The last two are beginning to slip. The RX we have priced is over $50K. I am not saying I will not end up paying that for a vehicle but if I do it will not be an RX.
Having said all that it comes down to personal opinion. If the RX meets your standards for the price you will probably be happy with it. It is a nice vehicle. It's just not worth the asking price to me. Given a choice between my money or the RX, I will take my money. If they drop the price I will revisit the issue if I haven't already purchased another vehicle.
Old 03-01-09, 10:58 PM
salimshah

Received 1,045 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by sarah

Not a hard choice for me, based on these figures
$1097 for a Mercedes GL550(MSRP around$81000)
$ 925 for a 2010 Lexus RX350(MSRP around $51000)

Oh... an on top of that, the MB dealer also throws in $500 gift certificate for the MB Accessory Catalog....
There is got to be something wrong with the fuzzy math. The real test may be, going to an independent agency which leases [credit score, rates would be the same for a customer].

I see a a tremendous difference in the residual value (% wise). I suspect the the residual value on GL550 is inflated to a point where purchasing one will be a bad decision.

Can some one find flaws with my logic?

Salim
Old 03-01-09, 11:05 PM
sarah

Originally Posted by salimshah
There is got to be something wrong with the fuzzy math. The real test may be, going to an independent agency which leases [credit score, rates would be the same for a customer].

I see a a tremendous difference in the residual value (% wise). I suspect the the residual value on GL550 is inflated to a point where purchasing one will be a bad decision.

Can some one find flaws with my logic?

Salim
what do you mean by "independent agency"? my father leased his new GL550 from a Mercedes dealer, or more precisely, the Mercedes Financial Services. Can a Mercedes(or even Lexus) dealer lease vehicles to customer via other sources?
Old 03-02-09, 12:17 AM
salimshah

Received 1,045 Likes on 943 Posts

Just like there are banks, credit-unions who can finance the vehicles, there are leasing companies.

The dealer may using the manufacturer's lending arm, but they may be dealing with other agencies and can be creative .. specially if the credit is not just perfect.

The only reason I mentioned a leasing company was to make the playing field level [again they may be more costly than the manufacturer's leasing arm]

Salim
Old 03-02-09, 08:22 AM
InToronto
Driver School Candidate

This is what a car broker is advertising locally - all prices in canadian dollars. What do you guys think ??

Lease a brand new totally redesigned 2010 LEXUS RX350 for
only $595.86 per month.
Please see below for all the details.

The lease is for 48 months with a mileage allowance of 24,000km per year.
Optional buy back at the end of this walk away lease is $21574.00.
Provided us with a fully refundable at the end of the lease security deposit of $4500 and the lease rate drops from 3.9% to just 2.1%.

Due on delivery including the first months lease payment is $5512.32

Monthly lease payment is only $505.86 plus tax for a total of $673.32.
Other models at similar savings.

The lease payment can be less if you wish to put some money down.

Quick Reply: Lease Numbers on 2010 RX?