RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 options

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-09, 03:01 PM
tigerbait
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2010 options

The Lexus website list such things as Mark Levinson and heated seats as options. I asked my local dealer if that meant you could order the new RX with ML without nav. The man in charge of special orders has not been able
to provide an answer. Anybody out there have any info?
Old 02-20-09, 07:22 PM
ciparis
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen any ML units yet. I have only seen models up to 47k, although there was one in the computer with HID that was 49k. I'm not sure what price the ML would be, but I would be surprised if they didn't all come with Nav, at least for awhile.

The nav is nice, though -- remote touch is sublime
Old 02-21-09, 07:32 AM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

The salesman who gave me a test drive said that ML is rare in the RX (although my '04 has it), and that he expects the ML to be rare in the '10 models as well. He indicated that there is not much demand for ML in this car. The NAV, however, continues to be a feature that sees an increase in demand each year. I certainly would not want an RX without it, although I could do without the ML if I had to. (But I could do without stereo, also, as I have no hearing at all in my right ear.)
Old 02-21-09, 09:17 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

I would not want with out the ML in it and think it shound come standard at that. In the 05 330 they sound like crap with out one in it.
Old 02-21-09, 09:22 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

You can order one any way you want it but it will take 3 or 4 months to come in. But you have to go in to a dealer to do it.
Old 02-21-09, 11:50 AM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

If you are in no hurry and one a particular color configured a certain way, you can make that happen. When shopping for a a used car, obviously, sometimes you have to settle. When I got my '04 used, my priority was color and NAV, and I was pretty well willing to take anything else, which included the ML.
The ML is, as far as I know, standard on only the SC430, and is an extra cost option on all others, even the LS. Since both of my cars have the ML, it's hard for me to say, but the ML in the RX certainly does not sound as good as the ML in the SC, but that's a much smaller car. Of course, if you listen mostly to compressed music, talk radio or audiobooks, the ML would be unnecessary.
It does not come standard because it adds substantial costs and most RX buyers, as is typical of buyers in general, do not want to pay extra for a high end audio system in the car.
Old 02-21-09, 01:36 PM
tigerbait
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IMO the 9 speaker standard system in the new RX is not very good. Haven't
heard the 12 speaker system yet. Maybe the 12 will satisfy the wife but now
she will have nothing to do with the 9. We couldn't believe Lexus would put such a substandard sound system in a 40 plus thousand dollar auto. And I'm
sure there are many buyers who could care less about the audio but we're
not one of them.
Old 02-21-09, 02:22 PM
Audriuss
Pole Position

could anyone that has new RX or anyone that is into new specs, tell me, if new RX is awaylable with pneumatic suspension? I was searching in all pages I could think of but couldn't find that it has it anymore as an option...anyone?
Old 02-23-09, 09:26 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My dealership is uncertain if the new RX has an available option of driver's seat cushion extension like that found in other Lexus models. I have read this is an option. Does anyone have any information on this?
Old 02-23-09, 09:45 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DNC
My dealership is uncertain if the new RX has an available option of driver's seat cushion extension like that found in other Lexus models. I have read this is an option. Does anyone have any information on this?
Part of the Luxury package.
Old 02-23-09, 09:56 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by kalvano
Part of the Luxury package.

Thank you!
Old 02-23-09, 10:59 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DNC
Thank you!
Those run about $50K, and they aren't building many, so if your dealership has one on allocation, I'd put a deposit down quick.
Old 02-24-09, 06:16 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerbait
IMO the 9 speaker standard system in the new RX is not very good. Haven't
heard the 12 speaker system yet. Maybe the 12 will satisfy the wife but now
she will have nothing to do with the 9. We couldn't believe Lexus would put such a substandard sound system in a 40 plus thousand dollar auto. And I'm
sure there are many buyers who could care less about the audio but we're
not one of them.
The 9 speaker system is totally junk, I cant believe Lexus would put such a system in a $40K+ luxury car. When Lexus 1st came out with the ML system in their line up, it was pretty much as imdustry standard. The ML system have fallen behind quite a bit. Even some Bose system are better than the ML now. The ML reference series in the LS and the LX is pretty good, but not as good as some others in the market right now such as the Bang & Olufsen sound system.
Old 02-25-09, 01:38 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by kalvano
Those run about $50K, and they aren't building many, so if your dealership has one on allocation, I'd put a deposit down quick.
I can see already we will have to order the car as we did in 2004 due to things we didn't want and things we did want. The 07 we have came right off the lot. Our dealership has offered to order a 2010 as we want it without obligation.
I appreciate the information on the driver's seat cushion. I have also not heard mention of a lane change video, not sure of the name. Do you know what I am talking about and if it is part of a package?
Old 02-25-09, 05:00 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DNC
I can see already we will have to order the car as we did in 2004 due to things we didn't want and things we did want. The 07 we have came right off the lot. Our dealership has offered to order a 2010 as we want it without obligation.
I appreciate the information on the driver's seat cushion. I have also not heard mention of a lane change video, not sure of the name. Do you know what I am talking about and if it is part of a package?

The side view monitor (doesn't help with lane changes, more for in parking lots and such...same thing that's on the LX) is part of the Luxury package.

Quick Reply: 2010 options