RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Better fuel efficiency than previously thought

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-09, 07:22 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The G Man
What is the point of a forum if all you will read is the positive post and skip the negative ones. You guys might as well start your own Lexus fanboy club and give each other group hugs and keep telling each other how great your Lexus are and pad each others back for buying one.
The key here is TRUTH. As long as the positive along with the negative posts are truthful, I have no problem at all. I am all for truth and accuracy.
Old 03-17-09, 08:05 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

People will always bent the turth a little bit to get their point across, rather if its a positive post or a negative post. The negative post are actually helpful for people who are looking to buy a certain model and want to do some research on the internet to find out what the issues are with that particular model. If every car forum is full of posters who think their car is the best buy for the money, then these forums would be useless.
Old 03-17-09, 01:23 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

People will always bent the turth a little bit to get their point across, rather if its a positive post or a negative post. The negative post are actually helpful for people who are looking to buy a certain model and want to do some research on the internet to find out what the issues are with that particular model. If every car forum is full of posters who think their car is the best buy for the money, then these forums would be useless.
I must say there is a uniqueness to this group that I have never found with another car group in my fifteen years of membership to on line auto groups. There is a small number here that needs to only hear positive things about their cars and are unable to tolerate anything other than a cheerleader like atmosphere. These people have always existed in small numbers in all the groups I have belonged to but they seem much larger in number here. Although they could never criticize their product of choice they seem to always be the first to run at the sign of difficulty and have little more than surface knowledge about their product of choice. For them it's like their car is some sort of status symbol. To know your car is to know both good and bad. These machines aren't perfect. One of the brands I love the most is without a doubt one of the most troublesome but I love it anyway. This isn't a cult and if treated like one we will not learn more about our cars; which includes both the good and bad. It seems to me the very brand that brings us together here is interested in knowing both sides of the coin more than any other car manufacture today. Hopefully we give them that and in return they give us a better product, and along the way we will have some fun.
Old 03-17-09, 02:23 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
The key here is TRUTH. As long as the positive along with the negative posts are truthful, I have no problem at all. I am all for truth and accuracy.
There is no better example of inaccurate information (an example of a negative article that is unjustified) than the Edmunds review of the RX450h. That guy had to be drunk when he wrote that junk. If he is not a fan of SUV's then why have this idiot do the test drive? Why not have someone that is unbiased one way or the other?
Old 03-17-09, 08:23 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

What is the point of a forum if all you will read is the positive post and skip the negative ones. You guys might as well start your own Lexus fanboy club and give each other group hugs and keep telling each other how great your Lexus are and pad each others back for buying one.
But then we'd be just like every single BMW forum.
Old 03-17-09, 09:52 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
There is no better example of inaccurate information (an example of a negative article that is unjustified) than the Edmunds review of the RX450h. That guy had to be drunk when he wrote that junk. If he is not a fan of SUV's then why have this idiot do the test drive? Why not have someone that is unbiased one way or the other?
I agree, someone who doesn't like SUV's cannot possibily give an accurate review. At the same time it makes no sense to pick and choose what we want to believe. We are the customers, we can come up with our on opinion about how we feel about vechiles. There are those critics who have never driven a vechile they did like and those who have never liked what they have driven. The bottom line rest with the customer.
Old 03-18-09, 05:32 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
But then we'd be just like every single BMW forum.
Yeah, BMW owners are loyal followers, but they still share problems and solution. If all we post in here is how perfect Lexus are, then we might as well read a Lexus advertising article.
Old 03-18-09, 12:31 PM
DNC
Advanced

Yeah, BMW owners are loyal followers, but they still share problems and solution. If all we post in here is how perfect Lexus are, then we might as well read a Lexus advertising article.
I remember when the Mercedes Club magazine, "The Star" was nothing but a cheerleader for Mercedes products. The publisher could not bring himself to say anything negative about the company or it's cars. Funny thing he wrote many buyer's guides yet seemed to have little knowledge of the cars he wrote about when you engaged him in person. Due to his attitude he gave much bad advice giving a stamp of approval for some very problematic models.
At that same time the BMW Club magazine "The Roundel" was very different with much discussion of their car's limitations and drawbacks.
This was back in the 1990's and early 2000's. I have no idea what the atmosphere is of either club now but my point is no one gains from football team attitude when it comes to cars. A real car enthusiast wants to know the entire story. I am a big fan of Rolls-Royce, or at least what it used to be, and there is no way you cannot see the limitations of their cars. They are far from perfect despite being over engineered, still I love them for what they are. I don't join these kinds of forums to enhance my ego or for a country club type setting. I join to learn and I have learned much for many of you on here. Thank you.
Old 03-18-09, 12:36 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DNC
I remember when the Mercedes Club magazine, "The Star" was nothing but a cheerleader for Mercedes products. The publisher could not bring himself to say anything negative about the company or it's cars.
Kind of like consumer report with Toyota and Lexus
Old 03-19-09, 12:48 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Consumer Reports has been critical of Toyota and Lexus, particularly when it comes to handling. Anyhow, back on topic, I hope the real-world owner results will further confirm the mpg improvements.
Old 03-19-09, 01:13 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tfischer
I've seen the price differential between the 350 and the 400h, and that lunch is not free.

Where as the new Ford Fusion Hybird only has a $3000 premium over the standard gas engine version. How can Lexus justify a $7000 to $8000 premium on its hybrids?
Old 03-19-09, 01:47 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Where as the new Ford Fusion Hybird only has a $3000 premium over the standard gas engine version. How can Lexus justify a $7000 to $8000 premium on its hybrids?
Have I missed something? Where have you seen it that there will be a $7,000-$8,000 premium on the RX450h? From what I have heard, it will be about $4-5K premium.
Old 03-19-09, 02:10 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by encore888
Consumer Reports has been critical of Toyota and Lexus, particularly when it comes to handling. Anyhow, back on topic, I hope the real-world owner results will further confirm the mpg improvements.
Yes, they have but I really don't care as I don't live in a country without an autobahn. I don't expect my car to handle like a German car. I want dependability and customer service. A little better fuel mileage would be nice.

Last edited by DNC; 03-19-09 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-19-09, 04:04 PM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

If you live in NC, then you do live in a country without an autobahn.
Old 03-19-09, 07:45 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by tfischer
If you live in NC, then you do live in a country without an autobahn.
We just pay gas tax like we are keeping up an autobahn.

Quick Reply: Better fuel efficiency than previously thought