RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Buying Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-09, 09:52 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We use demos for cars we test drive, so we often loan out those demos.

You don't necessarily have to be a well-known customer.

Between the salesman and the manager, we do pretty well sniffing out a real buyer from a poser. Real buyers can drive one to make up their minds, posers can go buy an Acura.
Old 04-21-09, 12:08 AM
JB330Ci
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kalvano
We use demos for cars we test drive, so we often loan out those demos.

You don't necessarily have to be a well-known customer.

Between the salesman and the manager, we do pretty well sniffing out a real buyer from a poser. Real buyers can drive one to make up their minds, posers can go buy an Acura.
Cool. Where are you located in Texas? Which dealer? I am looking for a new RX.
Old 04-21-09, 09:32 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 510 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Did you warned all the Lexus owners that have trouble with their Lexus too?
Mr G man
was the milk yellow in your cereal this morning?

or could it be we have a MB in our garage or should I say at the dealer in their garage!
Old 04-21-09, 11:06 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Mr G man
was the milk yellow in your cereal this morning?

or could it be we have a MB in our garage or should I say at the dealer in their garage!
I dont have a MB, but I did have a Lexus GS that have spend time in the shop then I would have like.
Old 04-21-09, 11:54 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have a MB, but I did have a Lexus GS that have spend time in the shop then I would have like.
It is unfortunate that you had so many issues with your GS. Any vehicle, from any manufacturer can have problems. No brand is completely trouble free.

It is, however, a statistical fact that a Lexus will be more reliable than every other luxury brand. Of course, this is only one consideration in the formula for purchasing a vehicle. Each individual must decide for themselves which criteria are more important.

The new 10 RX is a great improvement and a joy to drive. Our decision to go with MB has more to due with the ineptness of management at our local dealer than anything else. Had we not had our issues with management (repairs of my IS F calipers that they damaged), we would already be in a new 10 RX.
Old 04-21-09, 12:22 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 510 Likes on 382 Posts

As the other poster stated, there is little doubt that if you are looking for trouble free driving, the Lexus is the way to go. After four LX470s, a LS460 and now a LX570 I guess I am just lucky that I have never had a single problem serious enough to get me to bring any of these back to the dealer other than the nice Amoco pumping my gas tank full of water! Problems have been few if any.

Surely you can see past your bad time with your GS and not think that the Lexus record of dependability is not just a rumor. I even owned two MB before I purchased my first Lexus and I realised that after the second one was in the shop for 4 weeks, it would be my last. My neighbor has a 3 month old ML that will have a dead battery for no reason and is in the shop now. He and I both has taken a ride in it only smell what is to me is burnt wiring on two occasions. He and the family are SURPOSED to get in this "new ML" and head out on a two week vacation. He is concerned, I would be, too!
Old 04-22-09, 06:39 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

You guys are right, my point was Lexus being number 1 in reliability, well number 2 now, can have problems as well as any other manufacturers, but its less likely. The European big 3 have had their share of problems, but all 3 have made big improvments as far as reliability is concerned. I think that anytime you push performnce to the limit, you will have a less reliable car. The book on the IS-F long term is still open, we will have to wait and see about the IS-F's long term reliability.