RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 RX impressions after 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-09, 02:24 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The G Man
Let me get this right? In order to post in this forum, I would have to agree that the RX trumps every competition. This is will be a very boring forum if all we hear is owner complimenting the RX, need I remind you that this is a Lexus form, not a Lexus fan club. Only allowing possible post seem a bit like communism if you ask me. I am glad you like your new RX, but sorry to burst your bubble, the RX is not perfect, nor does it trump all the competition.
Cruiter did NOT say that you have to agree that the RX trumps all competition in order to post on this forum. He said that he is getting tired of "ridiculous" posts about the new RX. Everybody admits that the new RX is not perfect. What car is? In his opinion, the RX does beat the competition. I agree with that!

I think you meant to say only allowing "positive" not "possible" posts seems a bit like communism. I don't know about you but I have seen plenty of negative posts about the new RX here. So, your statement seems out of line to me.
Old 08-26-09, 02:35 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
If they're gonna buy something else, then be off with them and let us (owners) compliment or complain with real accuracy. I know, maybe they wanted one and couldn't afford it so ....[/FONT]
Cruiter, With statements like the one above it's hard to believe you are as old as you say you are. If my parent's or grandparents had hear such a statement come from me I would find myself in deep sh%# no matter my age. This is a prime example of bad taste.
Old 08-26-09, 04:44 PM
yanje03
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DNC
Cruiter, With statements like the one above it's hard to believe you are as old as you say you are. If my parent's or grandparents had hear such a statement come from me I would find myself in deep sh%# no matter my age. This is a prime example of bad taste.
DNC, it is nothing about age, nothing about english good or not.
from my point of view, you are the one who like to see Lexus RX 2010 fail after I read most of your posters in this website.
Old 08-26-09, 05:43 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by yanje03
DNC, it is nothing about age, nothing about english good or not.
from my point of view, you are the one who like to see Lexus RX 2010 fail after I read most of your posters in this website.
Hi Yanje! I was wondering where you were. Sorry, I still don't understand your words or logic. Try again.
Old 08-26-09, 05:51 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
In his opinion, the RX does beat the competition. I agree with that!
I agree, and also think your point about both positive and negative posting in this forum is well-taken. Just as legitimate complaints are worthwhile to discuss, and debated.

BTW, I have visited the Luxury Lounge on another site recently, although I haven't posted there since way back when it was the HELM forums, glad to see it's gotten fairly civil and there's a healthier respect for everyone's choices.
Old 08-26-09, 07:10 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by encore888
I agree, and also think your point about both positive and negative posting in this forum is well-taken. Just as legitimate complaints are worthwhile to discuss, and debated.

BTW, I have visited the Luxury Lounge on another site recently, although I haven't posted there since way back when it was the HELM forums, glad to see it's gotten fairly civil and there's a healthier respect for everyone's choices.
There seems to be little tolerance for complaints on this list, which is a thought process I don't understand having been on these kinds of forums for around fourteen years. The Mercedes and BMW forums of the late 1990's featured both complaints and compliments on our cars, but those list were much more technical than this list. I never heard a commit made regarding others being jealous of our cars, or someone wanting to be the first in their neighborhood to own a certain car. Of course that was back in the day when not everyone was on line. Most of us back then were hardcore automobile enthusiasts or geeks. Some people on here seem to drive Lexus in order to make an impression instead of being a real automobile enthusiast. It's hard to believe just by complaining or seeing short coming of their cars that members are given a hard time. There are few posts on here addressing technical issues as there are posts from a cheerleader standpoint.
Old 08-27-09, 05:29 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Well said DNC,
This forum as a whole is made up of owners who have a lot of good things to say about their RX and yet still have some complains. Then there are a few here who is drinking too much of that Lexus cool aid. It is fine to be a Lexus fan boy but please do not put down other people who are not a 100% satified with their RX. Comments such as " jealous of our cars " is simply childish. Some of the owners here have owned RX in the pass such as myself and a lot of members here that I know have owned much nicers cars than the RX350.
Old 08-27-09, 07:03 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by encore888

Yes, absolutely! The Luxury Lounge has become very civil the past couple years. I have been visiting and occasionally posting on that site (under a different name than here) for many years now (use to be HELM). It was disgusting back then. There were always "wars" going on between the German and the Japanese car lovers.
Old 08-27-09, 07:17 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
Cruiter did NOT say that you have to agree that the RX trumps all competition in order to post on this forum. He said that he is getting tired of "ridiculous" posts about the new RX. Everybody admits that the new RX is not perfect. What car is? In his opinion, the RX does beat the competition. I agree with that!
I cant believe we disagree so much, its almost like we are marry

At least we can agree on one thing, the Red Sox and the Patriots rules
Old 08-27-09, 07:31 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Well said DNC,
This forum as a whole is made up of owners who have a lot of good things to say about their RX and yet still have some complains. Then there are a few here who is drinking too much of that Lexus cool aid. It is fine to be a Lexus fan boy but please do not put down other people who are not a 100% satified with their RX. Comments such as " jealous of our cars " is simply childish. Some of the owners here have owned RX in the pass such as myself and a lot of members here that I know have owned much nicers cars than the RX350.
Gman
I think you missed the point entirely as you have in the past. It's OK for people to discuss their cars, pro and con, no problem. This is a forum for owners TO discuss them adhoc. The point is it's a new and very technically advanced car with a large list of new and innovative features. For an owner who drives it daily it's a good place to discuss the pros and cons and various ideas they have to make improvements or just give a to having done something incredibly well. Because you have had a Lexus in the past but not this particular model does not qualify you to belittle the car. You can read and article or take a test drive and form a conclusion of sorts. But a person that doesn't own one or drive it on a regular basis can't possibly find as much fault as some have. Does that line describe you? If it doesn't then I humbly apologize for having misunderstood you.

I'm not trying to start anything other than stand by my original observation that it's getting sort of old listening to negative rants from people that are not qualified by virtue of not owning one to make constant negative views of the car. I don't personally know you. But how would you feel if a neighbor of yours said something negative about the way you keep your yard and all of a sudden several other people (who have never seen your yard) began a rant forum about your yard. I imagine you'd get tired of it after a while. If I'm wrong, I'm sure you'll let me know.

Yes, I have pride. I own one, and like most I'm very happy with it. Would I like to see a few things different? Yep, I've talked about them. I've talked more tho about the things I like as well. It seems tho as far as ownership, you've moved on. I sincerely wish you have good luck with your new choice and find their forum to talk nice about it and trash ours from there. I guess I just can't figure out if you're so unhappy with the 2010 RX and have moved elsewhere why you keep coming back to rant. I guess that's about 'nuff said.
Old 08-27-09, 07:52 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Come on Cruiter, when have I ever trash talk or be-little the RX. the worst thing I might have said that is the RX is not as sporty as the competition, which is true, but I have also acknowledge a lot of the good qualities about the RX as well.
You are forgetting, potential buyers come on these forums to research the pros and the cons about the RX. I am sure they would like to hear opinions from both side instead of just the happy owners like yourself.
Old 08-27-09, 07:58 AM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Gman
I think you missed the point entirely as you have in the past. It's OK for people to discuss their cars, pro and con, no problem. This is a forum for owners TO discuss them adhoc. The point is it's a new and very technically advanced car with a large list of new and innovative features. For an owner who drives it daily it's a good place to discuss the pros and cons and various ideas they have to make improvements or just give a to having done something incredibly well. Because you have had a Lexus in the past but not this particular model does not qualify you to belittle the car. You can read and article or take a test drive and form a conclusion of sorts. But a person that doesn't own one or drive it on a regular basis can't possibly find as much fault as some have. Does that line describe you? If it doesn't then I humbly apologize for having misunderstood you.

I'm not trying to start anything other than stand by my original observation that it's getting sort of old listening to negative rants from people that are not qualified by virtue of not owning one to make constant negative views of the car. I don't personally know you. But how would you feel if a neighbor of yours said something negative about the way you keep your yard and all of a sudden several other people (who have never seen your yard) began a rant forum about your yard. I imagine you'd get tired of it after a while. If I'm wrong, I'm sure you'll let me know.

Yes, I have pride. I own one, and like most I'm very happy with it. Would I like to see a few things different? Yep, I've talked about them. I've talked more tho about the things I like as well. It seems tho as far as ownership, you've moved on. I sincerely wish you have good luck with your new choice and find their forum to talk nice about it and trash ours from there. I guess I just can't figure out if you're so unhappy with the 2010 RX and have moved elsewhere why you keep coming back to rant. I guess that's about 'nuff said.
Cruiter, I think G Man or anyone else has as much right to post their opinion as you or I. I don't think ownership is a qualification, nor do I believe with ownership comes guarentee knowledge. Going by your logic you would need to save your postings for the Hybrid Technology forum. I don't own a Bentley Brookland but I have spent time driving one and have an opinion. I have never been a member of the Senate, but I have an opinion of my senator.
G Man may not be a present RX owner, but how does owning one make us more qualified to take part in this discussion? In the words of Einstein, "What do fish know about the water in which they swim?"
Let's make room for everyone.
Old 08-27-09, 08:14 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

To add to that DNC, auto magazine or consumer report editors do not own the vehicle they test drive and yet a lot of potential buyers still value their opinion.
Being an owner actually makes your opinion less objective since you are bias in your view.

Last edited by The G Man; 08-27-09 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-27-09, 12:37 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

guys, we are waaaay off topic! we should be discussing the OP's impressions after 2 weeks of ownership.

but since we are currently discussing about lexus bashing, may i remind all members DaveGS4's sticky in the car chat forum which is applicable to all lexus forums here (including the 3rd gen RX), which i quote to remind you all (replace Car Chat with 3rd Gen RX):

A Request and Message to ALL Forum Members:

Over the last few months the moderator team has noticed an issue with the Car Chat forum.... while this forum has had a high volume of post activity, it is not experiencing a similar growth in community. What makes Club Lexus a special place is that our members nearly always are mature, we help each other out and work through our differences like adults. We forge friendships with those we've never met and those that we connect with at local CL meets.

We welcome all well-reasoned, factual discussion and comments that reflect your individual opinion. Lately, however there has been an increase in unprovoked personal attacks, rude comments and a general lack of respect for one another in the Car Chat forum. I will remind all members that Club Lexus is first and foremost a LEXUS forum and if your primary purpose here on CL is to constantly disparage the brand that draws our membership together we will ask you to leave our forum.

The attacks and insults will not continue. We will regain our sense of community in the Car Chat forum, starting now. If you want to post in order to simply flame, troll or bait other members into arguing, it's time for you to find another forum.

link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-car-chat.html
please note the bolded sentences above. this is a lexus enthusiast site, and as such pro-lexus comments are expected. negative comments are welcome as long as it is constructive criticism and is helpful.

keep in mind the golden rule: treat others the way you wish to be treated yourself. if you got nothing good to say, don't say it. don't bish at people if you don't want bish thrown back at you. and sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it (you can toss a verbal ball gently, or you could throw a fast and hard knuckle ball - receiver will catch the ball in both instances, but the latter will hurt more, alot more...i think you understand where i'm going with this).
Old 08-27-09, 02:02 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

I cant believe we disagree so much, its almost like we are marry

At least we can agree on one thing, the Red Sox and the Patriots rules
Yes, both of us being Red Sox and Patriots fans is about the only thing we have in common, but that's pretty important. The "right Sox" better beat the "wrong Sox" again tonight.

I have been a diehard Red Sox and Patriots fan for decades. I use to live in Brockton, MA many years ago. My father taught me when I was just a kid to hate the Yankees and love the Red Sox.

BTW, getting back on topic, encore888 agrees with me on my previous reply to you about your response to Cruiter.

Last edited by PatsSoxfan; 08-27-09 at 02:16 PM.