RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

More info on the rare Sport Package...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-09, 10:36 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kalvano
Don't blame the salesperson (except for the 2nd idiot), it's just how Lexus does things. It drives me insane that they advertise the hell out of ML and the HUD, but the ML is almost impossible to find. I think ML ought to be standard on every nav car.

The problem is you want to test drive something that most dealers not only don't have, they'll never see.

You might see if she can run a locate for you and see if there are any Sport package RX's anywhere close by you can run to and test drive. Other than that, I think you are SOL. Just have to order and hope for the best. For what it's worth, I think it would be worth it. Worst case, it comes in, you hate, and buy a regular suspension RX.
Yep. I'm not blaming her, she's been great! She did try a locate, and told me there were no SP's within a 250 mile radius. That sort of effort is what will convince me to buy from her, ya know?

Also, the 2nd salesperson is a total *******. Not for asking you why, I do that, if only to see if someone has been misinformed about something (one person told me they wanted the sport package because they wanted 19" wheels, not knowing all our RX's come with 19"s.). But the tired old crap about selling you a car sooner rather than later is just terrible. As a salesperson lending a hand, he should have said "Hey, xxx is out of the office, she'll be back in xx days, I'm here if you need any answers or anything before she gets back. You can reach me at xxxxx. Have a great day."

What a tard.
EXACTLY! If he had talked to me first, had some idea of who I was, and then worked in..."Hey, we don't see these very often, and I am concerned that you will have to wait awhile since it would be a special order...is that OK with you? Or would you prefer to buy something sooner?"

It gives the acknowledgment that this is my decision, and it's more respectful than "You don't really want what you think you want, so call me, and I'll sell you what's easy for ME."

So yeah, I think it's a special order.

Thanks, Kalvano.

Sandi
Old 05-22-09, 10:43 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the sport package precludes the luxury package, but I don't know for sure. We only get our RX 450's one way.
tks--although it may be the other way around--lux pkg precludes sports pkg-

anyway--we will be getting one heck of a car. I think.
Old 05-24-09, 09:21 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES

Kalvano, have you had a chance to drive a Sport package yet?
No, it's not something we'll ever see here, outside a special order.