RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

More info on the rare Sport Package...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 10:28 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default More info on the rare Sport Package...

So I called one of the elite dealers again (it's been a month) and left an inquiry as to whether/when an RX350 with the sport package might be available for a comparison test drive.

The salesman called me back, and said in 6-7 years, he's only ever seen 3 cars with that option, and wants to "talk to you to see why you feel you need this option; we want to get you into an RX350 sooner rather than later." Ugh.

I presume this means that a special order with this dealer will be difficult, if not impossible.

Anyone else have any luck with this option? Does it actually really exist?

Sandi
Old 05-19-09, 11:03 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd suggest to call more dealers in CA to find that out. If you're nearby LA, you should be able to find some.

IMO. However, if you would like to get the special combo which isn't the standard packages CA areas have, you may end up to make the special order or buy the high-end RX. For example, it's also rare in my areas to see Sport Pkg RX, but it's not hard for me to locate MSRP 53k or 51k RX equiped with Sport Pkg. If I'm looking for 46k-48K RX with Sport Pkg, I'll be either ordering specially or to keep waiting (very rare in this early months 2009).
Old 05-19-09, 11:19 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

the dealers should be able to special order one, but they will be reluctant to do so since they want to sell the cars they have on the lot. Try other dealerships. I know you are in Nor Cal, so you might want to try Lexus of Serramonte. They are my favorite
Old 05-19-09, 12:43 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the lexus web site--where you build your rx--does not even offer/show the sport package. looks like they do not want to build it with sports pkg.

what do you really get out of it? 19 in tire, suspension that might be slightly better/stiffer.
Old 05-19-09, 02:11 PM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Tell them they will get your business if they make it happen and you are letting all dealers in state and out of state know this. Competition.
Old 05-19-09, 04:46 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hal56
the lexus web site--where you build your rx--does not even offer/show the sport package. looks like they do not want to build it with sports pkg.
This apparently differs by zip code.

Originally Posted by Hal56
what do you really get out of it? 19 in tire, suspension that might be slightly better/stiffer.
Thus why I want it - better cornering, better handling, less body roll.

Sandi
Old 05-19-09, 07:13 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

sandi--all I have heard is the difference is barely noticable
Old 05-19-09, 07:20 PM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Someone posted they got it with the sport package, search the forum. Ask.
Old 05-19-09, 08:57 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

I can do a USA-wide search on Thursday or Friday. PM me to remind.

But I highly doubt I'll find more than one or two. If that.

It'll almost certainly be a special order. But doing a special order ought to not be a problem. If they make it difficult, go somewhere else.

We do it all the time, and while we prefer to sell what's on the lot, a paying customer is a paying customer.
Old 05-19-09, 09:30 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

I ordered the Ultra premium (fully loaded in Canada), which is harder to find than the Sports package, I assume, and it's taking this long to arrive. I ordered it 6 weeks ago and I just got news from my dealer that they still don't know when it will come. They're guessing somewhere between mid to late June. That would be 3 months wait. I've waited this long, might as well wait longer for what I want.

I would assume the Sports package is just as hard to get.
Old 05-19-09, 09:54 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

I think Sandi needs to clarify what Pkgs she likes to have.

As I said, all dealers in my areas have the full-loaded RX. It's easy to get them, but hard to negotiate the price with the maximum discount. However, if she needs, for example, Navi/Comf/Prem/Sport, without the special order, this will be very hard to get them with the preferred color combo.
Old 05-19-09, 10:17 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rxets
I think Sandi needs to clarify what Pkgs she likes to have.
Why? What does it matter?

As I said, all dealers in my areas have the full-loaded RX. It's easy to get them, but hard to negotiate the price with the maximum discount. However, if she needs, for example, Navi/Comf/Prem/Sport, without the special order, this will be very hard to get them with the preferred color combo.
I don't want Nav. I don't want to spend $50K+ for a fully loaded RX350. I want the premium package, with AWD and tow and the sport package. Which apparently requires an Act of God.

-S
Old 05-19-09, 10:25 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
I don't want Nav. I don't want to spend $50K+ for a fully loaded RX350. I want the premium package, with AWD and tow and the sport package. Which apparently requires an Act of God.

-S

An AWD Premium car with the sport package?

That'll never happen.

Order one. You'll never see that car on a dealer lot.
Old 05-19-09, 10:46 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
Why? What does it matter?

-S
Originally Posted by kalvano
An AWD Premium car with the sport package?
That'll never happen.
Order one. You'll never see that car on a dealer lot.
Why!? It's easier for ppl to provide you the solutions/suggestions. As I said, we all know Sport Pkg is hard to get, it's rare, it's less than 5% in some areas...

Now, we know what you want. I kind of agree with kalvano. It's hard, very hard, to get the setup you want. In my areas, after checking 7 dealers' inventory last month, I saw Prem/AWD or Prem/AWD/Vent-seats or Prem/AWD/Comf or Prem/AWD/Navi/Vent-seats or Prem/AWD/Navi/Comf or Prem/AWD/Navi/Comf/Sport or Prem/AWD/Navi/Comf/Lux/Sport or all-loaded, etc, but never heard of Prem/AWD/Sport. Perhaps, it's not happening in where I live.
Old 05-19-09, 10:53 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

As I said, all dealers in my areas have the full-loaded RX. It's easy to get them, but hard to negotiate the price with the maximum discount.
Where exactly are you located? Must be lucky. At this point, I don't care about negotiating prices and will pay MSRP, I just want mine now!

Sorry to hijack your thread, Sandi_k.

Quick Reply: More info on the rare Sport Package...