RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

How long did you wait? Six weeks and counting and still no sign of an RX

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-09, 05:02 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a good deal-but thats what happens when I had demand but there is no supply--I was not in position to wait.

I checked several dealers--nobody wanted to deal before car was introduced. But the same story--if i wait and in a couple of months the car is not selling as well as we hope it is then they will deal. They all would have dealed with the 350 with the starting point from them at 2500 off sticker. They all wanted to sell the 350's and none were too eager to take orders for 450's. they all had long wait lists for the 450's --but also have 400s in stock which they would have sold for a big discount.

on the other hand the cost to not wait was a couple of thousand. if that. I have a feeling of where oil prices are going (read about peak oil and I think we are at a tipping point) so i wanted to lock it in and in reality I can still walk away if come august and dealers are discounting and then I go elsewhere or renegotiate under a ahah situation. . So I think I have a good situation.

with all the energy restrictions coming on the govt run auto industry, this size suv will be hard to come by. The GM hybrids only get around 20 mpg or so (unless youthink saturn is still viable) and the competing caddy suv coming out does not have a hybrid.
Old 05-22-09, 06:09 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

I passed on rear entertainment and sports pkg and the accident avoidance system--but everything else.

The deal was not great since the car has not come out yet.

I did get a discount but not close to what I could had received on the 350.

so the price differential on the 350/450 is pretty big--but we wanted the 450 for several reasons.

Delivery early august--by that time: 1) the cash for clunkers should be in force and 2) if demand for the 450 is weak and supply strong, there could be discounts and I can renegotiate downwards. My price is capped, So I am in pretty good shape.
Old 05-22-09, 08:36 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm driving a 2010 RX350 as a loaner car while my IS is at teh dealer for a couple recalls. Its nice.
Old 05-22-09, 09:39 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUS
I don't think I can do a straight swap without modifying the vehicle a bit. Your cars go by MPH while ours go by KPH. By law if I buy from the states, I need the gauges converted and DRL converted.

Wish it was that easy.
not true, you can bring up a US spec vehicle into Canada with the MPH gauges. as long as the KPH shows on the gauge (in smaller font), that is still OK. DRL, as you mentioned, must be turned on. i tried bringing up a US spec GS450h last year, but decided it wasn't worth it because of the exchange rate (exchange rate tanked right right after i did all my research).
Old 05-22-09, 11:00 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stormforge
not true, you can bring up a US spec vehicle into Canada with the MPH gauges. as long as the KPH shows on the gauge (in smaller font), that is still OK. DRL, as you mentioned, must be turned on. i tried bringing up a US spec GS450h last year, but decided it wasn't worth it because of the exchange rate (exchange rate tanked right right after i did all my research).
Father of my coworker did the similar purchase last year. He kept saying they made the right move, I guess it's around the beginning of the year.
Old 05-24-09, 06:18 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stormforge
I did with a BMW 335i coupe from the US and it was mandatory that the gauges be swapped, among other things, which was still worth it. I guess it's different with Lexus, which I haven't done research on yet. Then again, I already ordered my ultra premium and I don't want to lose my spot on the waiting list.
Old 05-25-09, 06:54 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

7th week now... la la la la la...
Old 06-01-09, 06:04 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

8 weeks and counting.... Argh!
Old 06-02-09, 01:34 PM
ovrcpt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DOUS
8 weeks and counting.... Argh!
Which dealer did you order your RX from? I went to DVP North yesterday and will pick up the keys tonight. It is Truffle Mica Ultra Premium.
Old 06-02-09, 02:16 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ovrcpt
Which dealer did you order your RX from? I went to DVP North yesterday and will pick up the keys tonight. It is Truffle Mica Ultra Premium.
Welcome to the forum...

Jealous!! Unltra Prem with Trufle Mica...
Old 06-02-09, 02:37 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal56
I just ordered a 450h fairly well equiped. My dealer told me they had an order cut off of may 22 for cars to be built in July and that it takes about 3-4 weeks to get to dealer after build date (depending west vs east).

I have no idea how Lexus plans production but I doubt what my dealer told me is true. It would seem to me that the aforementioned schedule might be better in that I think Lexus probably schedules weekly production. The issue is then how long does it really take from when it gets to the production system to the actual production.

Apparently at least for the hybrid there is a separate fty for that. One would think that with the economy what it is they would be throttling back on production and wanting to advance cars sold vs cars for inventory.

Take this chrysler thing for example (yes-I know its different than toyota) but my guess is given all that's going on dealers want fewer cars in inventory for a lot of reasons now including getting stuck with cars if the fty cuts you off.

perhaps we wil be seeing a migration to a mostly special order your car situation. Or worse if the government (or hedge fund managers who buy and sell companies and have no clue how to run a company) gets more involved with running companies.
This link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...h-arrival.html might give some insight.
Old 06-02-09, 09:48 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ovrcpt
I ordered from my broker, which gets the Lexus from Northwood Toyota I believe.

I think the problem is the color combo and top package that I want (Obsidian/Black/Ultra Premium). I've contacted DVP North to see what their ultra prem inventory is. I'm hoping to hear back tomorrow.
Old 06-08-09, 06:52 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

9 weeks
Old 06-08-09, 07:20 PM
rcf8000
Pole Position

Picking up new RX tomorrow. Ordered it 3 1/2 months ago.
Old 06-08-09, 08:53 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rcf8000
Picking up new RX tomorrow. Ordered it 3 1/2 months ago.
Congrats.. I guess my wait hasn't been that bad... yet.

Quick Reply: How long did you wait? Six weeks and counting and still no sign of an RX