RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

How long did you wait? Six weeks and counting and still no sign of an RX

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-09, 04:58 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My weathertechs came today.. but still no RX...

It's now been "9 1/2 weeks".. LOL
Old 06-10-09, 06:36 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DOUS
My weathertechs came today.. but still no RX...

It's now been "9 1/2 weeks".. LOL
Driver/passenger/rear all together?
Old 06-10-09, 08:57 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

i wanted to get all, but all that's available right now are front row and the cargo. the 2nd row is not available yet.

btw, the cargo liner has to go back for replacement as it has a couple of defective holes in it. I'm kind of ticked off about it. not the kind of quality i've expected from Weathertech.
Old 06-13-09, 07:28 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

I got a VIN from my dealer! They said it will arrive on July 1st. I'm excited! Can anyone decode a VIN? How do I know it's the right package? Is there a way to know if it's an Ultra Premium, etc?
Old 06-13-09, 08:45 AM
trcr1@gran
Driver School Candidate

If your dealer has the VIN, he can run a "vehicle inquiry report". This will tell you everything there is to know about the car. Pay attention to the Category listing. A= alloted, F= in freight, and G= on the ground.This report will give you the MSRP along with every option on the car. In short, it will tell you evetything you want to know except for the exact arrival date.

"
Old 06-13-09, 09:09 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DOUS, good news. You're closed to get it... good luck.
Old 06-14-09, 03:59 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

so i went to my local lexus dealer here, and we put down a refundable deposit on a smoky granite rx450h. if we don't like how it drives or performs, we can back out. can't wait till late july to test drive the hybrid!
Old 06-14-09, 04:39 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Storm--was this a special order? or the first smoky granite to arrive and either way--what time frame did they guestimate
Old 06-14-09, 08:59 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trcr1@gran
If your dealer has the VIN, he can run a "vehicle inquiry report". This will tell you everything there is to know about the car. Pay attention to the Category listing. A= alloted, F= in freight, and G= on the ground.This report will give you the MSRP along with every option on the car. In short, it will tell you evetything you want to know except for the exact arrival date.
"
OK so the Model number it says is: BK1BAT - RX 350

Can anyone tell me which package it is? The estimated date is July 1st. Can't wait.
Old 06-14-09, 09:32 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Hal56
Storm--was this a special order? or the first smoky granite to arrive and either way--what time frame did they guestimate
no special order. my salesman told me that ten (10) RX450h would be coming to the dealership in late july/early august. already seven have been presold, leaving three up for grabs. there is tungsten pearl and smoky granite mica (the 2 colors we liked) that are available in package C. my wife opted for smoky granite mica because she didn't want silver again. so now there are 2 RX450h available from my dealership.

Last edited by Stormforge; 06-14-09 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-14-09, 09:38 PM
trcr1@gran
Driver School Candidate

Dous, I sent you a pm with the vehicle inquiry report for our RX350. As you will see, this report will answer all your questions.
Tommy
Old 06-15-09, 05:38 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stormforge
no special order. my salesman told me that ten (10) RX450h would be coming to the dealership in late july/early august. already seven have been presold, leaving three up for grabs. there is tungsten pearl and smoky granite mica (the 2 colors we liked) that are available in package C. my wife opted for smoky granite mica because she didn't want silver again. so now there are 2 RX450h available from my dealership.
thanks Storm--we are still waiting since we wanted a special configuration incl Luxury pkg--dealer told me if they get one with lux pkg (rather unlikely anyway) we could get that BUT it would likely have rear entertainment, HUD and accident control which we do not want--so I will wait.
Old 06-15-09, 09:59 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Hal56
thanks Storm--we are still waiting since we wanted a special configuration incl Luxury pkg--dealer told me if they get one with lux pkg (rather unlikely anyway) we could get that BUT it would likely have rear entertainment, HUD and accident control which we do not want--so I will wait.
Hal, are you looking for a regular RX or the hybrid? on, and btw my lexus saleman told me that the RX450h allocated to his dealership have not boarded the ship yet, which leads me to believe they are either still in the factory being made, or sitting at the factory parking lot waiting for pickup/delivery to the ship. this was as of last Saturday (2 days ago).
Old 06-15-09, 10:05 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

btw, were you guys given a price list with all options? how do you feel about posting the lexus price list up? i will scan or type the info later tonight. it would be interesting to see what packages or options are available to US and Canadian buyers.

edit: see this link below for canadian rx450h prices and packages
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ml#post4605211

Last edited by Stormforge; 06-15-09 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-15-09, 11:55 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stormforge
Hal, are you looking for a regular RX or the hybrid? on, and btw my lexus saleman told me that the RX450h allocated to his dealership have not boarded the ship yet, which leads me to believe they are either still in the factory being made, or sitting at the factory parking lot waiting for pickup/delivery to the ship. this was as of last Saturday (2 days ago).

My dealer is saying its first 450h (what I want) is scheduled for deliver for the 3rd week of June.

I wanted Comfort, Nav, Luxury, parking asst --very few with Luxury as I understand it.

Quick Reply: How long did you wait? Six weeks and counting and still no sign of an RX