RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

How long did you wait? Six weeks and counting and still no sign of an RX

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-09, 09:50 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's finally here! We'll be taking delivery this week, Thursday the latest!

I can't wait.. Actually I can, I have for over 3 months!
Old 07-07-09, 01:33 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post a lot of pics when you get it
Old 07-07-09, 10:44 AM
skoobz2001
Driver School Candidate

Picked up my wife's Ultra Premium Smoky Granite Mica yesterday! Ordered it May 14 - it arrived here June 24 but we were away on vacation!

I'm very impressed with the technology - but WOW the iPod interface sucks.
Old 07-07-09, 12:00 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by skoobz2001
Picked up my wife's Ultra Premium Smoky Granite Mica yesterday! Ordered it May 14 - it arrived here June 24 but we were away on vacation!

I'm very impressed with the technology - but WOW the iPod interface sucks.

350 or 450?
Old 07-07-09, 10:24 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lex
post a lot of pics when you get it
You bet your sweet a** I will. LOL!
Old 07-08-09, 07:41 AM
skoobz2001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hal56
350 or 450?
350. The dealership did have a pretty good number of 450s in though -all spoken for, mind you.
Old 07-11-09, 11:08 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Wow!!! So far I love this car! From handling to build quality to technology. My wife and kids love it too. One of my kids can watch DVDs while the other play his PSP on his own screen. They've really jammed this vehicle with enough technology! And it's in the colors we wanted!

It was well worth the wait!
Old 07-11-09, 11:14 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats dous! you are correct, build quality is excellent (except for the front bumper problem reported in this forum).

as for me, we changed our minds on the color (for the 3rd time!), and have decided to go with aurora white. estimated date of arrival is first week of august. i'm looking forward to it too!

suggestion for you: do a clear bra pronto, lexus paint is too damn soft. any highway driving you do, guaranteed you will get rock chips
Old 07-12-09, 01:18 AM
OC-ISF
Driver School Candidate

Stormforge--can't wait to see the pics of the aurora white! how does it compare to the starfire pearl? congrats!
Old 07-12-09, 09:56 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stormforge
congrats dous! you are correct, build quality is excellent (except for the front bumper problem reported in this forum).

as for me, we changed our minds on the color (for the 3rd time!), and have decided to go with aurora white. estimated date of arrival is first week of august. i'm looking forward to it too!

suggestion for you: do a clear bra pronto, lexus paint is too damn soft. any highway driving you do, guaranteed you will get rock chips
Fortunately for us, we don't seem to have that bumper problem for some reason. Must be a different batch. Not sure but everything seems to be working fine except the seat aircondition doesn't seem to be as powerful as our infiniti's even at full blast.

Yes I'm looking into installers for the clear bra here around Richmond Hill in Ontario. Also want to do a front tint. Would be good if done at same place same day. Any suggestions anyone?
Old 07-12-09, 10:46 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by OC-ISF
Stormforge--can't wait to see the pics of the aurora white! how does it compare to the starfire pearl? congrats!
the aurora white has a slight blue tinge to it, looks very sharp! here's one picture of the aurora white in the sun:

Last edited by Stormforge; 07-12-09 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-12-09, 10:51 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by DOUS
One of my kids can watch DVDs while the other play his PSP on his own screen.
dous, quick question for you: how many dvd players are there for the rses? there is one dvd changer in the front for sure, but does the rear have an independent dvd player? ie: can left passenger watch a dvd movie 1, and right passenger watch dvd movie 2? since you are one of the first with a rses, we'd like to know! i've asked my salesman, and unfortunately they do not know for sure.
Old 07-13-09, 09:40 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=Stormforge;4673495]the aurora white has a slight blue tinge to it, looks very sharp! here's one picture of the aurora white in the sun:

Stormforge,

This is a photo of the RX450h. I know this from the foglights (chrome) and the LED's. This color does not look too much different (in the sun anyway) than our tungsten pearl RX450h.

Congratulations DOUS!
Old 07-13-09, 10:15 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stormforge
dous, quick question for you: how many dvd players are there for the rses? there is one dvd changer in the front for sure, but does the rear have an independent dvd player? ie: can left passenger watch a dvd movie 1, and right passenger watch dvd movie 2? since you are one of the first with a rses, we'd like to know! i've asked my salesman, and unfortunately they do not know for sure.

Stormforge,

so far this is what I know from playing around with it. 1 dvd changer up front (ML system and can play the movies on nav screen as well) which plays A dvd in both screens in back. You can't play 2 separate dvds (from front changer) in the back. You can only play 1 movie on one screen and radio/sat/usb music in the back. and the iPod interface does not play the movies from an iPod video or iPhone (I'm disappointed there).

To play a second video on the other screen you'd have to connect another video source from the AV connections in the back such as a PSP or Xbox or iPhone/iPod video. I bought AV cables for my son's PSP and iPhone and they play the videos well. Note that you can't play the AUX (back AV source) through the car speakers, only through the headphones, but movies played through the front can be played through the car speakers.

I'll post pics soon so you can see how it works.
Old 07-13-09, 10:55 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by DOUS
Stormforge,

so far this is what I know from playing around with it. 1 dvd changer up front (ML system and can play the movies on nav screen as well) which plays A dvd in both screens in back. You can't play 2 separate dvds (from front changer) in the back. You can only play 1 movie on one screen and radio/sat/usb music in the back. and the iPod interface does not play the movies from an iPod video or iPhone (I'm disappointed there).

To play a second video on the other screen you'd have to connect another video source from the AV connections in the back such as a PSP or Xbox or iPhone/iPod video. I bought AV cables for my son's PSP and iPhone and they play the videos well. Note that you can't play the AUX (back AV source) through the car speakers, only through the headphones, but movies played through the front can be played through the car speakers.

I'll post pics soon so you can see how it works.
awesome, thx for the input! so just to confirm, there is no 2nd DVD player or DVD changer in the rear correct?

Quick Reply: How long did you wait? Six weeks and counting and still no sign of an RX