RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-09, 04:10 PM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pictures

I don't see any real people pictures of 2010 RX350 in the gallery so I just uploaded some after washing the car for the first time since I had the RX delivered a month ago. I also wanted to show how I attached a portable DVD player for those long journeys with kids. If factory entertainment system support Blu-ray I would have consider that option but for $3000 more on top of the Navigation package, Lexus should have made it Blu-ray capable. It would have been the first in production automobile. For now this is what I have and it is working out for me.

For those who has been talking endless about how great their new RX looks, put up some pictures. I saw Golden Almon metallic 2010 RX today and it looked "different" on a RX. This same color looks really nice on LS and I had this similar color [called something else] on a 1996 SC400 long time ago.

Attached Thumbnails Pictures-entertainment2.jpg   Pictures-entertainment1.jpg   Pictures-frontcorner1.jpg   Pictures-rear1.jpg  
Old 06-15-09, 06:46 AM
Lobster188
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sightdev,

Nice pics! I have 2 questions for you :

1) The DVD looks good. What brand/model is it?

2) You mentioned you have kids. I am curious re your decision to go with the beige interior. Looks great but aren't you worried that your kids might dirty it? ie. in terms of "praticality" would a black interior hold up better you think?
Thanks.
Old 06-15-09, 07:18 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

looks like an Emerson.

Lobster, I replied to you other thread re: interior color. Sure black interior is more practical and elegant, but some people didn't want to wait long to get their preferred color combo. I waiting 3 months for my RX.
Old 06-15-09, 07:43 AM
Lobster188
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DOUS
looks like an Emerson.

Lobster, I replied to you other thread re: interior color. Sure black interior is more practical and elegant, but some people didn't want to wait long to get their preferred color combo. I waiting 3 months for my RX.
Dous - I'm in the same boat .. waiting 3 months .... and counting ....
Old 06-15-09, 09:27 AM
sightdev
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DOUS
looks like an Emerson.

Emerson is correct. It’s a 7 inch duel screen which can also split into two so one can plug their game console and another can watch movie. Disappointed that 2010RX doesn’t have any power outlet in the back or in the front that can be easily access. What good is a power outlet that is hidden deep inside the center storage bin. I am thinking about making two outlets up front where I can plug laptop and radar detector and one or two in the back where kids can easily plug their toys. I really don't have any use for a power outlet in the cargo area so I am puzzled who would use that unless one is into tail-gate parties.

Like many, we buy cars out of impulse [little planning] and don’t have patience to wait. We originally wanted Truffle but could not find one at the time with options we wanted. Starfire was next color choice so we took that. Unlike fabric, all leather will have some form of dirt presentation within one year. Cream color leather isn’t really a problem for us and because it is perforated it does well disguising dirty spots. Cream color headliner is the problem, car is driven with windows open and it will collect dirt and within a year or two, it is noticeably dirty [don’t advice professionally detailing the headliner]. With kids, black and dark gray leather seats we had in the past had a lot of “white/dusty” spots from drinks, water from pool/ocean, sweat from sports/activities, and etc which became permanent and noticeable if not cleaned ASAP. With kids, it is difficult to keep dark color exterior [constant scratching] and interior [spills] so current color combo is best suited for our family.
Old 06-15-09, 10:09 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

i do believe sightdev is the first person to mod their '10 RX350! good work, and it looks good too.

btw, what's the color of your interior called? is it parchment? it looks like cream or white color, which i like. but that color option is not available up here in canada

Last edited by Stormforge; 06-15-09 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-15-09, 10:40 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Do you really need a hi def blue ray on a little screen like that
Old 06-15-09, 02:51 PM
sightdev
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Stormforge
i do believe sightdev is the first person to mod their '10 RX350! good work, and it looks good too.

btw, what's the color of your interior called? is it parchment? it looks like cream or white color, which i like. but that color option is not available up here in canada
Mod sounds cheap but I guess it is some sort of modification. It may be called Parchment with Brown walnut accent combo but not sure because sample from Lexus site is much darker color than what I have. All I know is that this color and black interior is common on all Lexus lineup.

[The G Man]; we discuss this on other forum but I am not looking for Blu-ray quality in a small screen but instead looking for compatibility. One of the Canadian members here said his blu-ray purchases came with both blu-ray and DVD in the same pack. That would be nice, but to date, none of blu-ray I had purchased came with DVD so I can’t play any of those recently purchased Blu-ray disc in the car. I did find the portable Blu-ray player and they are in the range of $800-900. If the portable comes down to $4-500 range I may get one. May be in few years when this Gen3 RX has mid-year revision, it may have entertainment package that will support Blu-ray and add more power outlets where people can reach with ease.

Lacking power outlets are driving me crazy as I am so use to having them and now I am stuck with three cables plugged deep inside the storage bin. Other than keeping the three cables out of sight, I can’t use the storage bin as they get “lost” inside with three cables.

For those waiting on RX450h with LED headlamps, please post some pictures with lights on. I think RX is the first mass produced vehicle with LED headlamps and they suppose to have even better luminous than Xeons.
Old 06-15-09, 03:21 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Nice setup sightdev. Pardon my ignorance, as we went the cheap route and our kids just held their portable dvd players in their laps....are those Emersons mounted permanently or can they be removed easily. Even if removable, are they just strapped around the headrest posts? We have the same exterior and interior color combo, minus the wood trim on the steering wheel. THe inside's going to get dirty with kids no matter what color, so we went with what we liked. The lighter the color, the easier on the toosh in the desert southwest heat! I'm not impressed so far with "cooled" seats. Don't really feel anything. Will have to wait 6 months for the heat test. Regards
Old 06-15-09, 06:38 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sightdev
Mod sounds cheap but I guess it is some sort of modification. It may be called Parchment with Brown walnut accent combo but not sure because sample from Lexus site is much darker color than what I have. All I know is that this color and black interior is common on all Lexus lineup.

For those waiting on RX450h with LED headlamps, please post some pictures with lights on. I think RX is the first mass produced vehicle with LED headlamps and they suppose to have even better luminous than Xeons.
LOL! i guess you don't like to mod your car, eh? thx for the color verification. when i look at the RX broshure, the leather seats look creamy white, which i like alot. but i don't care for the parchment color (which is closer to saddlewood color).

if i get the 450h this coming july, i'll definitely post pics of the led headlamps!