RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

LOCKPICK, any luck over riding navigation lock yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-09 | 06:24 PM
flatrocky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOCKPICK, any luck over riding navigation lock yet?

Has any body figured out over riding the driving lock of navigation system yet? i
Old 06-22-09 | 06:34 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me, this is a real pain. I want to know, too. Thanks.

Also, the voice command system isn a little tricky and hard to control. I still don't know how to search "name" by voice. (but, if I know the phone number, I can easily find the destination. This is good part.)
Old 06-22-09 | 08:40 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

you can get a prestigious society navi/dvd override kit, completely plug and play.

link: http://www.prestigioussociety.com/le...-override.html
Old 06-22-09 | 09:45 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stormforge
you can get a prestigious society navi/dvd override kit, completely plug and play.

link: http://www.prestigioussociety.com/le...-override.html
for those of us technically challenged--is this truly plug and play? There looks to be a lot of wires in the picture.

Last edited by Hal56; 06-22-09 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-22-09 | 10:16 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Hal56
for those of us technically challenged--is this truly plug and play? There looks to be a lot of wires in the picture.
i have this same override kit on my GS450h. yes, it is truly plug and play. because i am technically challenged, i got a car audio shop to install the kit for me. took only 1 hr to install. for the do it yourselfer, if you can follow instructions and know how to use tools and take interior panels off, this is simple and straight forward. i would do it myself, but i'm not confident enough to tackle it
Old 06-23-09 | 05:28 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Storm-I am in your camp--so there is no evidence of having the kit that you can see after its installed? If so it is probably worth the 500 with installation. My Bimmer allows me to scroll the nav screen for my tele address book, and I can change destinations while driving (although doing that drives my wife nuts) --a big plus would be theipod ability to play video on screen.

My bmw interface allows me to play IPOD playlists but not podcasts--

anybody try podcasts on with the Lexus ipod interface?
Old 06-23-09 | 08:35 AM
ajs
Driver

Originally Posted by flatrocky
Has any body figured out over riding the driving lock of navigation system yet? i
This is another reason why I didn't get the navigation option. You are already paying an outrageous price for the package, and on top of that you have to install and aftermarket $500 gizmo to be able to fully use the system?

It just doesn't make any sense.

A could actually get a decent aftermarket fully functional navigation system for $500 that I can use in any car.
Old 06-23-09 | 09:42 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Hal56
Storm-I am in your camp--so there is no evidence of having the kit that you can see after its installed? If so it is probably worth the 500 with installation. My Bimmer allows me to scroll the nav screen for my tele address book, and I can change destinations while driving (although doing that drives my wife nuts) --a big plus would be theipod ability to play video on screen.

My bmw interface allows me to play IPOD playlists but not podcasts--

anybody try podcasts on with the Lexus ipod interface?
the only evidence that the kit is installed is a 2 button switch that you can velcro anywhere you want for easy access (well it should be within arms reach of the driver! LOL! ). otherwise if you don't say anything, no one will know unless they are really observant. and if your navi dies for whatever reason, just take out the kit and bring your car back to lexus for warranty repair. no mess, no fuss.

and i can confirm that the dvd video playback works perfectly while driving. my daughter enjoyed watching 'happy feet' when we all went for a short trip.

here are pics of the switch, photos courtesy of flipside909:

for more info on the navi/dvd kit install, see this link:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-it-works.html

Originally Posted by ajs
This is another reason why I didn't get the navigation option. You are already paying an outrageous price for the package, and on top of that you have to install and aftermarket $500 gizmo to be able to fully use the system?

It just doesn't make any sense.

A could actually get a decent aftermarket fully functional navigation system for $500 that I can use in any car.
lexus wants to play it safe (read: they don't want to get sued if you get into an accident while using the navi - hence the navi/telephone/dvd lockout). true, you could get an aftermarket navi system like garmin or tom tom, but it doesn't give you the oem integrated look. and i bet the $500 navi system that you buy will not allow you to play dvd videos or make phone calls while driving.

Last edited by Stormforge; 06-23-09 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-23-09 | 10:28 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

ah--our dollars are becoming worthless and you only go around once so spend and enjoy. LOL
Old 06-24-09 | 02:15 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

you can get it cheaper on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150336981237

best buy did my install for $40

Old 06-24-09 | 06:03 AM
tfischer

Received 237 Likes on 172 Posts

Now that you have done that upgrade, which I surely will also do when I swap my '04 for a '10 or '11, I think your next project should be to pull off that sticker that instructs you how to load a CD into the CD slot.
Old 06-24-09 | 09:26 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by malujerry
you can get it cheaper on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150336981237

best buy did my install for $40
true, it maybe cheaper on ebay. but prestigious society does provide colored installation instructions and customer support. and they are a vendor that have a good reputation for service. all of this should be taken into account before buying.
Old 06-25-09 | 01:20 PM
flatrocky
Driver School Candidate

are these available lock picks are for 2010 RX?
Old 06-25-09 | 03:02 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by flatrocky
are these available lock picks are for 2010 RX?
yes, the dvd/navi override kit is available for the 2010 RX. just go to the link i provided above and see the application guide yourself
Old 06-26-09 | 01:43 PM
leton
Driver School Candidate

Default Prestigious Society Product

Is there a Prestigious Society Product unlock the NAV System on my '09 RX350 w/o Mark Levinson?

Quick Reply: LOCKPICK, any luck over riding navigation lock yet?