RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Seat Auto Exit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-09, 07:56 AM
BillON1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Auto Exit

Trying to figure out how this is supposed to work. I understand that one can program the seat to go to "Partial" or "Full" exit. I have selected "Full". I'm over 6 foot and my wife is just over 5. Our seats are obviously programmed differently and seem to adjust to the presets. It's on exit that I have the problem. When I turn off, the seat goes full back, when my wife does the same, the seat moves away only slightly. On the 1600 Km check I asked the dealer and they looked at it and said all was well as the seat doesn't move down on exit, just back and they claimed with my wife's key it was doing just that. I didn't check it before I left, got it home and found that in fact it doesn't move full back.

Any ideas before I take it back in.
Old 07-01-09, 09:07 AM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BillON1
Trying to figure out how this is supposed to work. I understand that one can program the seat to go to "Partial" or "Full" exit. I have selected "Full". I'm over 6 foot and my wife is just over 5. Our seats are obviously programmed differently and seem to adjust to the presets. It's on exit that I have the problem. When I turn off, the seat goes full back, when my wife does the same, the seat moves away only slightly. On the 1600 Km check I asked the dealer and they looked at it and said all was well as the seat doesn't move down on exit, just back and they claimed with my wife's key it was doing just that. I didn't check it before I left, got it home and found that in fact it doesn't move full back.

Any ideas before I take it back in.
You should check the setting while the "preset" memory is under your wife's set mode. I had mine disabled as it was more of nuisance. Many of the settings are saved for individual preset mode.
Old 07-20-09, 01:42 PM
RXTexas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Sightdev - Turn off the drive seat auto exit. I found it to be a complete pain and waste of time. I'm 6'1" and have no issues getting in and out of the RX. If your wife drive, just push the memory seat button while opening the door. I don't have memory linked to key fob because we share the same set of keys.
Old 07-20-09, 02:43 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RXTexas
I agree with Sightdev - Turn off the drive seat auto exit. I found it to be a complete pain and waste of time. I'm 6'1" and have no issues getting in and out of the RX. If your wife drive, just push the memory seat button while opening the door. I don't have memory linked to key fob because we share the same set of keys.
I would also agree if I wasn't the only one driving it. But since I do all the driving I kind of like that when I buckle up, it knows me and when I hit the 'magic' button it let's me out easy.

Developing an entry/start up procedure since this car is more different than any I've owned. As I get in, cell phone goes into the cup holder left side of dash(really nifty for that). Buckle up (seat say's 'Hi Jim', now I'm gonna make ya comfy). Hit button and back out of garage (engine is running by then and phone has finished buzzing from request from nav system to accept phone via blue tooth). Accept the request on phone and wear smile going out the driveway. Neighbors wonder what is coming out of the dash vents and wanting some. Yea !!!