RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Loose Front Bumper From Canada

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-09, 03:26 PM
klegrow
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

G....if it wasn't for the mileage, I would have gone with that car myself. I promised myself that I wasn't going to buy anything that was not a hybrid with good mileage. Unfortunately, it was this or the Mercury Mariner....what a choice!!!
Old 08-18-09, 05:37 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The G Man
We are picking up our Audi Q5 tomorrow, we test drove the Q5, RX350, MB GLK and the BMW X3. The Q5 had the best combination of luxury and performance out of the four.
If we compare only among these cars, yes, Q5 is the best. Good choice.

However, RX shouldn't the same beast as other 3 are. If you compare them with $$, 09MB ML is in the same range, which is better than GLK.

Also, Q5 is almost the most expensive one among Q5, RX350, GLK, and X3 if we load the similar items/features onto the car.

Well, you have done your research and made the decision based on your preference, you will be happy with what you get. Congratulations.
Old 08-18-09, 06:46 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by klegrow
G....if it wasn't for the mileage, I would have gone with that car myself. I promised myself that I wasn't going to buy anything that was not a hybrid with good mileage. Unfortunately, it was this or the Mercury Mariner....what a choice!!!

unfortunately? was the RX450h really that bad of a choice?
Old 08-18-09, 09:35 PM
klegrow
Rookie

Storm...not that the RX is a bad model....it just lacks some of the features I would expect in a car of this price and caliber. Honestly, I can get every feature I want in a Ford Taurus right now for $15k less. I obviously made my choice because I liked the car better overall. I just wish that it delivered more features.
Old 08-19-09, 06:05 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rxets

However, RX shouldn't the same beast as other 3 are. If you compare them with $$, 09MB ML is in the same range, which is better than GLK.
Most people would be surprise to hear that the Q5 is the same width as the RX350 and only only 4.5" shorter. Passenger space seems about the same in both SUVs, front and back. The RX had a bit longer cargo area but it also have more of an angle to the slope of the hatch. It really came down to the Q5 and the RX for my wife and she choose the Q5 becuase it almost handles like the X3 and the interior was as nice as the RX.
Old 08-19-09, 08:24 AM
dr_p
Driver School Candidate

Wife also liked the Q5.... but the trunk is 10 inches narrower due to the strut towers compared to the RX...

try fitting a stroller in the Q5.....
Old 08-19-09, 09:21 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dr_p
Wife also liked the Q5.... but the trunk is 10 inches narrower due to the strut towers compared to the RX...

The RX's cargo area is wider and a bit longer, fortunately, our days of strollers are over. Passenger space wise, they are both very similar.
Old 08-19-09, 09:28 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

or a wheelchair...my mother is disabled, and can barely walk now. i'm glad the RX trunk is wide enough to fit the wheelchair!
Old 08-19-09, 09:54 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by klegrow
Storm...not that the RX is a bad model....it just lacks some of the features I would expect in a car of this price and caliber. Honestly, I can get every feature I want in a Ford Taurus right now for $15k less. I obviously made my choice because I liked the car better overall. I just wish that it delivered more features.
yes, but the taurus will have a Ford badge on it
Old 08-19-09, 11:26 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Its not so much the strut towers, Audi likes to make compartments for storage and components on top of the rear wheel well, where as the RX leave the top of the rear wheel well open. If you measure from the inside of the rear wheel well from left to right in the RX, I bet its about the same width.
Old 08-19-09, 08:01 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by data2009
Audi Q5 is very nice. Small, but nice. And sporty. This should be an interesting ownership experience for a longterm Lexus/Toyota owner to go with 1st year 1st gen Audi. Hopefuly there will not be any issues with loose bumpers and unlit buttons. Also hope there will not be any issues reported on Q5 forums
http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2757317
I heard those, too. A few of issues my neighbor has are well addressed in that forum.
Old 08-20-09, 12:42 PM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rxets
I heard those, too. A few of issues my neighbor has are well addressed in that forum.
Q5 was one of five CUVs I have compared before purchasing 10RX. Interior of Q5 was nice and everything seems to be in the “right” places, and even with smaller cargo area it was “cozy” inside and just felt more comfortable. We almost purchased Q5 but knowing my wife is the primary driver, I just couldn’t risk the vehicle giving her trouble away from home. I heard from friends that reliability have improved over the years but small problem still persist so we bought the 10RX for Lexus service and reliability. I will definitely look into if we are ever in CUV market again.
Old 08-20-09, 06:04 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sightdev
Q5 was one of five CUVs I have compared before purchasing 10RX. Interior of Q5 was nice and everything seems to be in the “right” places, and even with smaller cargo area it was “cozy” inside and just felt more comfortable. We almost purchased Q5 but knowing my wife is the primary driver, I just couldn’t risk the vehicle giving her trouble away from home. I heard from friends that reliability have improved over the years but small problem still persist so we bought the 10RX for Lexus service and reliability. I will definitely look into if we are ever in CUV market again.
What pissed me off is Audi Q5 has 7 speed DSG in Europe, but US only got the old version. So, what will we see 2011 Q5 in US? DSG will make 2010 the old car. Without DSG, it will make Q5 2-year behind its brothers.

I hate they didn't import the newest model from its prodcution lines.
Old 08-21-09, 06:17 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Have you read this thread on DSG?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-of-death.html
Old 08-21-09, 07:18 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

What's about it? If VW/Audi have no confidence to fix it, they shouldn't sell the cars. "Recall" is normal and common.

All the car makers have the tranny issues, more or less. Honda used to have the auto tranny problems many years ago.

My point is why Audi USA doesn't provide this option to the public.

Quick Reply: Loose Front Bumper From Canada