RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Loose Front Bumper From Canada

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-09, 11:04 PM
KC001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KC001
Update 11/9/2009 - Just got the car back from 5000 mile service. Fix to bumper still holding up no problems yet.
Update - 12/29/2009 - Lots of cold weather and snow fix is still holding.
Old 01-06-10, 09:34 AM
wrahn
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Bumper Has Been Fixed

My local Lexus dealer (Sarasota, FL) fixed my right bumper yesterday. They gave me an RX 2010 as a loaner and the fix seems to work. Of course if it doesn't, I'll let you know.

Wes
Old 01-09-10, 10:55 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Default Updated.

Well, I went to the dealer today but didn't really get the "official" fixes. Does anyone has the TSB number or info?

Again, I found some RX350 (Cambridge-built) in the lot have the similar gaps, which are even larger than mine. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4670763-post17.html has my old pics. (My RX is still holding the bumper well and has the same gaps since Day 1; I just dislike those gaps.)

It seemed the dealer is unaware of this fix or thinks this is just the small flaw Lexus shouldn't worry about. Luckily today the dealer didn't say it's normal and did help tight up my bumper a little bit, and make sure all the clips or screws are secured. This is the only thing they can do. But it's better than doing nothing.

I'll take pics soon.
Old 01-09-10, 01:31 PM
wrahn
Driver School Candidate

Smile

rxets

My dealer indicated Lexus had provided a kit which contained beefed-up clips to fix the bumper problem. They indicated they would need about three hours, because they would have to remove the bumper to perform the fix. So far, the fix is working.

Wes
Old 01-09-10, 06:20 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Wes,

Do you have the pics which show the bumper before/after the fix? If possible, I'd like to know how big difference is between yours and mine.
Old 01-10-10, 08:32 AM
wrahn
Driver School Candidate

Here's the before photo. The after photo would look just like a normal RX2010 bumper. I've not taken an after photo, but will try to get one soon.

Wes
Attached Thumbnails Loose Front Bumper From Canada-img_3218.jpg  
Old 01-10-10, 01:18 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wrahn
Here's the before photo. The after photo would look just like a normal RX2010 bumper. I've not taken an after photo, but will try to get one soon.

Wes
Ummm, it seemed you had the same issue as afpj.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4709183-post85.html

These pics showed the gaps between the headlight and bumper; and between bumper and fender. This is not acceptable.
Old 01-10-10, 03:59 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Yes, looks exactly like ours before fix...about 1/4 inch plus separation first on driver's side, and eventually pooped out on both sides during the summer heat. Now, 6k miles after the fix, it's still holding. It's winter though, so for us, the final test is in June. I can't believe there is a dealer out there who knows nothing about this issue.
Old 04-27-10, 02:24 PM
new2socal
Driver School Candidate

First post to the forum - thanks for all the great information on this issue.

Thought I would let everyone know I called Lexus Customer Assistance and spoke with them directly. They could find no TSB on this issue and are having their corporate rep contact my dealership who has attempted 4 repairs, including replacement tabs and most recently a full front bumper replacement - all of which have not remedied the problem.

I'll post back with their response to my complaint... I was advised I would hear back within 2 business days.

KEEP THE CALLS TO CORPORATE COMING... the initial impression I took away was that they are "unaware" of the issue.
Old 04-28-10, 07:38 AM
jeffmust
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Unaware" of this issue? There are 18 pages of posts on this very issue - so I highly doubt that is the case.
Old 04-30-10, 02:01 PM
new2socal
Driver School Candidate

While I agree there is plenty of documentation of the issue, the corporate response was one of "ignorance"... as in, we will contact the dealer who attempted multiple repairs, "investigate" the issue as if they had not heard about it, and take now over two days to reply... that to me is not indicative that Lexus understands this issue and is "aware" of the corrective action required...

Not looking to argue with any of the forum members, rather I am just another frustrated owner... when does the TSB get issued, after how many *more* pages on this forum? Clearly 18 is not sufficient. (@ Lexus that is!)
Old 04-30-10, 02:11 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I just saw a RX with the problem at the dealer this morning.The bumpercover problem was on the passenger side only on this RX..
Old 05-28-10, 11:07 AM
new2socal
Driver School Candidate

Latest Update:

Lexus ordering a second replacement bumper and will be sending factory technician to oversee this installation. Hope this finally solves my issue, but it still seems that there is not a robust fix if a factory tech needs to oversee the repair...
Old 06-28-10, 06:24 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Well it's been over 100 degrees here for a few weeks, and the fix is still holding. Our issue didn't start until it the weather got hot, so this was THE test for me as to how well the new clips etc worked. Yep, love to beat a dead horse.
Old 08-10-10, 05:56 PM
sabot55
Driver School Candidate

Default same problem too!

Originally Posted by craysv1
I have the same problem.. After driving, a 1/4" protrusion appears on both sides of the bumper underneath the headlights. I have brought it into the dealership (Park Place Lexus Plano) and they are "ordering a new bumper" even though I told them it was probably just some missing clips.

Who knows how long it will take to come in.

-Cray
few days ago I noticed a protrusion about 1/4" from the driver side bumper above the headlight, the passenger side is fine. I brought it back to the dealership (same place/park place lexus plano) and they applied adhesive, I hope they have replaced or added clips to hold the bumper in place. i am afraid to drive that car now. How did your car look now? I brought mine in today and it was ready in 2 hours, the 1/4" is smaller now but it is still not aligned with the rest of the body, I am not happy with this.. I thought Lexus is perfect!????? I am hearing rattling noises too when I drive, it started at right around 800 miles. My car has only 5000 miles now and my bumper is moving.. this is certainly not expected. i wonder what is next!

Quick Reply: Loose Front Bumper From Canada