RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Loose Front Bumper From Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09, 11:52 AM
KC001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose Front Bumper From Canada

Just got the 2010 and put 100 miles on it and found the front bumper loose on the passenger side. Difficult to see but it looked loose right by the headlight housing, a little pull and it popped up. Looked like the fastener was never there. Anyone else see this yet?
Old 07-07-09, 12:06 PM
wrahn
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KC001
Just got the 2010 and put 100 miles on it and found the front bumper loose on the passenger side. Difficult to see but it looked loose right by the headlight housing, a little pull and it popped up. Looked like the fastener was never there. Anyone else see this yet?
I've not had that experience, but I believe the "build" is not up to par with my previous 2000, 2003, 2005 RXs. I don't know why, but that's my first impression of my 2010 RX.

Wes
Old 07-07-09, 12:49 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Some minor problems are kind of expected from any new factory, Japan, US or Canada.
Old 07-07-09, 03:18 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

do you have a picture of the extent of poppage? even if the bumper was missing a clip, it shouldnt be able to pop up because there should be at least two clips on each side
Old 07-07-09, 04:09 PM
KC001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXSF
do you have a picture of the extent of poppage? even if the bumper was missing a clip, it shouldnt be able to pop up because there should be at least two clips on each side
The extent of the separation was just under 1 inch. You could easily see the slot where the pin should be. Previous '05 and '08 RX's from Japan never had a single issue.
Old 07-07-09, 04:59 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

take your RX back to the dealer for warranty repairs. you should be fine after that.
Old 07-07-09, 08:08 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down

Mine has the similar problems. That's why I keep saying the QC teams in Cambridge failed to do this inspection. Everyone should remember the Discover Channel showed the team ppl carefully touch/watch the newly built RX10 in front of camera and try to make sure RX10 is almost flawless.

Well, this is obvious crack...

I'll post what my dealer says in my next visit.
Old 07-08-09, 11:41 AM
htn
Driver School Candidate

After reading this thread, I can see that I have the same problem.
Old 07-08-09, 12:57 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Does any of the 10RXs from Japan have this problem too?
Old 07-10-09, 06:30 PM
KC001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stormforge
take your RX back to the dealer for warranty repairs. you should be fine after that.
Dealer repaired no charge but stated that the new bumper is so sensitive that I could have bumped into the drivers side with my knee which could result in the passenger side coming loose. They insisted they detected a microscopic scratch on the drivers side, which I cannot see, really. I guess the did not want a defect charged to the factory. Reminds me of why I stopped buying GM in 1982, was not a pleasent experience.
Old 07-10-09, 06:58 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Dealer repaired no charge but stated that the new bumper is so sensitive that I could have bumped into the drivers side with my knee which could result in the passenger side coming loose. They insisted they detected a microscopic scratch on the drivers side, which I cannot see, really. I guess the did not want a defect charged to the factory. Reminds me of why I stopped buying GM in 1982, was not a pleasent experience.
That's not good. My bumper is like that since Day 1. I'm wondering what my dealer will say when I visit... Although I never hit or bump into any parts of my front bumper, I don't know if my front bumper/front license plate holder got bumped. In where I'm, local drivers used to love to bump others for parking. So far no scratch yet.
Old 07-10-09, 08:16 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

that's complete BS. if you can pull the front bumper off like that, it means there are missing clips. and what do microscopic scratches have to do with a loose bumper? stuff like this, you gotta stomp your feet and biatch about. coz lexus needs to know there's a screw up in the assembly line.

Originally Posted by DOUS
Does any of the 10RXs from Japan have this problem too?
i'll be going back to the dealership tomorrow to test drive the 450h again. i'll take a closer look and see if there is a similar problem. but going by memory from yesterday and today's viewing, i did not notice anything out of place with the front bumper.

Originally Posted by rxets
That's not good. My bumper is like that since Day 1. I'm wondering what my dealer will say when I visit... Although I never hit or bump into any parts of my front bumper, I don't know if my front bumper/front license plate holder got bumped. In where I'm, local drivers used to love to bump others for parking. So far no scratch yet.
if i were you, i'd take your RX back to the dealer for warranty repairs pronto. it's not a question of whether you hit or bump into anything, it's a question of safety.

Last edited by Stormforge; 07-10-09 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-11-09, 12:10 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stormforge
...if i were you, i'd take your RX back to the dealer for warranty repairs pronto. it's not a question of whether you hit or bump into anything, it's a question of safety.
Will do. Thanks.
Old 07-11-09, 07:18 AM
craysv1
Driver School Candidate

Default same problem

I have the same problem.. After driving, a 1/4" protrusion appears on both sides of the bumper underneath the headlights. I have brought it into the dealership (Park Place Lexus Plano) and they are "ordering a new bumper" even though I told them it was probably just some missing clips.

Who knows how long it will take to come in.

-Cray
Old 07-11-09, 04:17 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

Doggonit, you guys made us look. Our Japan made 10RX350 has the 1/4 inch separation of the passenger side only. Push it in, and it comes back out after driving for a little. Driver's side looks OK. Man, ignorance really is bliss.
Attached Thumbnails Loose Front Bumper From Canada-img_0027.jpg   Loose Front Bumper From Canada-img_0028.jpg  

Last edited by afpj; 07-11-09 at 04:41 PM. Reason: images

Quick Reply: Loose Front Bumper From Canada