RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

GOT A 2010 RX350 loaner car

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09 | 10:46 PM
IS350HKS
Lead Lap

Thumbs up GOT A 2010 RX350 loaner car

Well i have a IS350 i wanted a IS250 as a loaner car so i can take it to the track , but.. they ran out of the IS end up not going to the track .. But when to the canyon for a drive. So i took the 2010 RX 350 1st thing turn off the traction control floored out the dealer feel kinda slow and big at first, got on to the 57 freeway hit 110mph pretty fast. It do not feel like I was going that fast so but I slow down a bit cos is a SUV. After dinner took the car to GMR at the cannon the BIG SUV was surprisingly really good at all the turns I was scare at 1st so I kept the traction control on but it bugs me too much even time I wanna turn a bit faster it slow me down so I turn it off. With and with out the traction control the SUV have pretty good handling I can do turns 35mph+ on the canyon and did not feel like the car was going to lose control at any point but I did not want to push it again cos is a SUV. The whole time the car was on sport and I kept it on 2nd and 3rd gear. After I got to the top of the canyon did some tires burn out one the FWD there was a lot of smoke =). After that when down the canyon with the BMW328 coupe was able to keep up until the end cos too many 180 degree turns. I more + 1 on the navi is pretty nice I kind of like the touch screen more but whatever I got use to the new none touch screens, for sure is bigger then the old RX350. Over all I like the car !

Last edited by IS350HKS; 07-10-09 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-08-09 | 12:36 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

I went and test drove both the RX 350 and the RX450H a few days ago......I think I like to gas one better the the Hybrid one becaue I still can not get use to no engine sound at all......but both of them were very nice car.
Old 07-08-09 | 05:24 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

IS350HKS, what is the VIN # of that loaner you beat the crap out of. I have to rememeber not to buy that one Seriously, any car can turn at 35 MPH if you keep it on low gear. A friend of mine at work just lease one, he said that it handle a bit better than his 07 RX.
Old 07-08-09 | 11:04 AM
IS350HKS
Lead Lap

LOL yea it is better then the 07 rx my aunt has it. lol just make sure you dont buy loaner car. OO +1 more point to the RX i was at the parking lots this morning running over BIG speed bump fast i do not really feel it !! with my IS i got to go like 2 mph to go over that speed bump.
Old 07-08-09 | 11:29 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

This is why I don't buy loaners or demos.
Why after owning a IS 350 would you want to take a IS 250 to the track?
I owned a IS 250 and it's a very slow vehicle.
Old 07-08-09 | 11:38 AM
htn
Driver School Candidate

IS350HK....
Allow me to be the first to say that you are an idiot. I rarely voice my opinion on such matter, but this thread just screamed for it.

Keep this up and we all will be driving Yugos as loaners. Perhaps you are not old enough to know what a Yugo is.
Old 07-08-09 | 12:23 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by htn
IS350HK....
Allow me to be the first to say that you are an idiot. I rarely voice my opinion on such matter, but this thread just screamed for it.

Keep this up and we all will be driving Yugos as loaners. Perhaps you are not old enough to know what a Yugo is.
LOL. I agree.. oh and by the way, I got a headache just trying to understand that whole post... just to find out there was no point to it.
Old 07-08-09 | 12:39 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DOUS
LOL. I agree.. oh and by the way, I got a headache just trying to understand that whole post... just to find out there was no point to it.
same here
Old 07-08-09 | 04:24 PM
IS350HKS
Lead Lap

LOL I guss I am too young to understand what is that mean, but I guss your too old to understand the point of this thread cos if you were young or know how to “drive” you would care about the handling of the car, your possibly one of those old people who drive really slow with their RX and road block and get cut off . I am a young person that does not like SUV but after driving one I just felt like inputting it and make some good common about it the handling on the road and off road.

By the way HTN i do not see what is wrong with me driving the car like that. " treats other like you treats your own" Thats how i treats my toys (RSX04 M3 & IS350) I track all of them what you ganna say about that?

Last edited by IS350HKS; 07-08-09 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-08-09 | 05:46 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS350HKS
LOL I guss I am too young to understand what is that mean, but I guss your too old to understand the point of this thread cos if you were young or know how to “drive” you would care about the handling of the car, your possibly one of those old people who drive really slow with their RX and road block and get cut off . I am a young person that does not like SUV but after driving one I just felt like inputting it and make some good common about it the handling on the road and off road.

By the way HTN i do not see what is wrong with me driving the car like that. " treats other like you treats your own" Thats how i treats my toys (RSX04 M3 & IS350) I track all of them what you ganna say about that?
You're too funny. You don't even know how old I am. I'm only in my 30's, and not that you need to know, but i treat my cars the way they're meant to be driven. I don't drive my RX like a race car cause I have an M5 and an M35X to go fast with. My RX is for driving around with my kids.

I appreciate the input on the RX drivability, by the way, but you're still too funny. Oh and please polish up on the grammar as it's really giving me a headache, but then again, I just won't read it.
Old 07-08-09 | 05:59 PM
IS350HKS
Lead Lap

You're too funny. You don't even know how old I am. I'm only in my 30's, and not that you need to know, but i treat my cars the way they're meant to be driven. I don't drive my RX like a race car cause I have an M5 and an M35X to go fast with. My RX is for driving around with my kids.

I appreciate the input on the RX drivability, by the way, but you're still too funny. Oh and please polish up on the grammar as it's really giving me a headache, but then again, I just won't read it.
LOL i guss your NOT that old your only 11 years older then me, my dad would make me call somone that age uncle or somthing.
Old 07-08-09 | 06:10 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

11 years is a lot, and while i think what you did is stupid and pointless, especially in a fwd suv, but it all good, and i ain't some old guy who drives 50 in a 55, i just know when to speed and what cars to do it in, the rx isn't one of them
Old 07-08-09 | 08:03 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS350HKS
LOL i guss your NOT that old your only 11 years older then me, my dad would make me call somone that age uncle or somthing.
LOL! He may be only 11 years older than you, but he writes and spells light years ahead of your contributions thus far.... "Guss?" for "Guess" - repeatedly? And "your" for "you're"? Please tell me that you have not been admitted to any institution of higher learning in our country. Please.

Learn how to spell check, at the very least - it makes your arguments a *wee* bit more persuasive. And you need the edge, believe me.

-S
Old 07-08-09 | 09:49 PM
sk72
Pole Position

I would not blame lexus if they impose more tight rules for loaning their cars just because folks like IS350HKS trashes the loaner vehicle. I own 2 lexus cars IS250 and ES350 and I never trash the loaners because they are not mine and I appreciate the service Lexus is providing. Shame on you IS350HKS

BTW - I got a 2010 RX 350 as a loaner today and I must say that I am very impressed with the car... especially the handling and the interior design.
Old 07-09-09 | 06:05 PM
afpj
Instructor

What is meant by driving to the "cannon"? and other references to that? In my occupation, cannon is a large firearm, and it can be mobile, but you can't drive on one. Is that slang for some type of race track? I'm glad I didn't get one of the 09 RX loaners offered for sale
Our dealership imposed 2 main rules for loaners...no going over 90 mph, no crossing state line (I guess they have a GPS tracker?).

Quick Reply: GOT A 2010 RX350 loaner car