RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 05:38 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rxets
For sound quality, I believe my 12-speaker audio system sucks and it makes XM worse. IMO.
I guess because I don't have a super duper stereo in my home, XM stereo in my RX sounds pretty good, even without the ML.
Old 08-07-09, 06:20 PM
yanje03
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rxets
For sound quality, I believe my 12-speaker audio system sucks and it makes XM worse. IMO.
nothing is relatived with 12 speaker. no matter how many speaker you have, XM wont be better than your FM and far worse than MP3.

Everyone knows XM suck. if you search on google you can see how many people complain it.
Old 08-07-09, 06:22 PM
yanje03
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4482
I guess because I don't have a super duper stereo in my home, XM stereo in my RX sounds pretty good, even without the ML.
I dont know how you define good. the XM stereo is worse than my FM. thought they name their sound quality is crystal in ad.
Old 08-08-09, 07:54 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yanje03
I dont know how you define good. the XM stereo is worse than my FM. thought they name their sound quality is crystal in ad.
Good = no complaint. Sometimes I wonder if there is not a difference between individual cars? I know the Bluetooth phone sound in some cars, as reported in this reflector, was not good until the dealer did an adjustment.
I have no idea if that's possible with the radio audio. My XM sound is crystal clear, and that's why I decided to subscribe (at a deal) to XM radio.

It sure beats the sound I had in my 05 RX.

Old 08-08-09, 06:44 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yanje03
nothing is relatived with 12 speaker. no matter how many speaker you have, XM wont be better than your FM and far worse than MP3.

Everyone knows XM suck. if you search on google you can see how many people complain it.
I just meant the audio system on my RX10 is very bad...
Old 08-08-09, 11:32 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stormforge
your lexus dealership should have activated XM for you before you took delivery
Hey Storm, do you get weather info on your nav screen? It's not showing on mine under Info/Phone. And I do have some SAT stations activated. Think I better call Lexus.
Old 08-09-09, 01:31 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUS
Hey Storm, do you get weather info on your nav screen? It's not showing on mine under Info/Phone. And I do have some SAT stations activated. Think I better call Lexus.
let me go check now and get back to you. i still need to crack open the open's manual!
Old 08-09-09, 04:55 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUS
It's not available in all areas, check and see if it's available in yours.
Old 08-09-09, 05:01 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ok, i've confirmed that i don't have the "XM NavWeather" icon after you go into info/phone. i will need to check with my dealer to see if weather is available or not.
Old 08-28-09, 07:31 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXTexas
I call XM/Sirius with a technical problem and they rep on the phone really pushed me to sign up. He offered numerous plans and right before hanging up offered $399 lifetime with 3 car transfers. The rep mentioned that it covered EX Everything and Best of Sirius. FYI...
I just called the 800 number and was able to get the gal to say 'Yes there is a package for $399 lifetime but it's audio only. It wouldn't include the traffic/weather. Has anyone received any different info? Like a lot of folks, I just don't think the audio is high enough quality to even worry about it. But if I could get the whole enchilada for a reasonable fee I'd 'consider' it.

Thx
Old 08-28-09, 08:23 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Jim--I have had xm since inception--I have the multi year plan and just now seeing traffic xm style and weather so until I understand that I cannot even comment.

But I really like the radio part as does my wife--initially I got it so when in car I had access to business news. But it turns out my wife and I like classical and that's pretty good on sat radio.

obviously there are a bunch of things I would like to see different--like getting rid of the talk on the 60's stations.

I also have xm in my office so I listen to that during the day. Its actually pretty good and sound quality wise I did not want to pay for the ML but the sound quality IMO is more than sufficient for us.

I am just getting to the age where all the technology in the car is getting a bit overwhelming . Thankfully we have young kids (30 something young) who get in the car and just figure out everything quickly.
Old 08-28-09, 08:59 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

What a coincidence! I just got off the phone with XM. I received notification that the free trial on the RX450h runs out on September 25. So, I decided to give them a call to see what package I could get. I first told the person that I wanted to sign up for the promotional $77/year offer. He said fine. Then things got a bit complicated. I said that I also wanted the best of Sirius, Traffic & Weather. He said that he could not give me the package of $77 plus the Best of Sirius package since there is no such thing with the promotion. But he gave me a package that was considerably cheaper than that shown on the notification I received. On the notification, the cost for just XM for one year is $142 and change. But he gave me a price of $122 that includes the best of Sirius. He was also telling me that I could possibly find some better promotions on the Internet or through my dealer. I did not want to go through any more hassle to possibly save a few bucks so I signed up for the $122 offer and an extra $7 per month for Traffic and Weather. The Traffic and Weather is billed quarterly and automatically charged on my credit card at $21 per quarter. This lifetime subscription you guys are talking about sounds appealing. I think I will sign up for that when the subscription on my LS comes due in March of next year as long as it appears that they will not go bankrupt.

I listen to satellite radio either on my LS or on the new RX almost all the time. I either listen to MLB (baseball), NFL games, financial channels, news, 60s music, or comedy. It is especially great on long trips. There is always something there of interest for me or my wife. BTW, unlike Hal, I do not at all mind a little talk by Uncle Brucie, etc. on the 60s channel. In fact, I like it better that way.

Yesterday, I also took a chance and bought a couple thousand shares of Sirius/XM stock at 68 cents. I realize that they might go bankrupt (I hope not because I enjoy it), but what the heck. I am not betting the farm.
Old 08-28-09, 10:18 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Default Sirius is now SoPatStimulated

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
What a coincidence! I just got off the phone with XM. I received notification that the free trial on the RX450h runs out on September 25. So, I decided to give them a call to see what package I could get. I first told the person that I wanted to sign up for the promotional $77/year offer. He said fine. Then things got a bit complicated. I said that I also wanted the best of Sirius, Traffic & Weather. He said that he could not give me the package of $77 plus the Best of Sirius package since there is no such thing with the promotion. But he gave me a package that was considerably cheaper than that shown on the notification I received. On the notification, the cost for just XM for one year is $142 and change. But he gave me a price of $122 that includes the best of Sirius. He was also telling me that I could possibly find some better promotions on the Internet or through my dealer. I did not want to go through any more hassle to possibly save a few bucks so I signed up for the $122 offer and an extra $7 per month for Traffic and Weather. The Traffic and Weather is billed quarterly and automatically charged on my credit card at $21 per quarter. This lifetime subscription you guys are talking about sounds appealing. I think I will sign up for that when the subscription on my LS comes due in March of next year as long as it appears that they will not go bankrupt.

I listen to satellite radio either on my LS or on the new RX almost all the time. I either listen to MLB (baseball), NFL games, financial channels, news, 60s music, or comedy. It is especially great on long trips. There is always something there of interest for me or my wife. BTW, unlike Hal, I do not at all mind a little talk by Uncle Brucie, etc. on the 60s channel. In fact, I like it better that way.

Yesterday, I also took a chance and bought a couple thousand shares of Sirius/XM stock at 68 cents. I realize that they might go bankrupt (I hope not because I enjoy it), but what the heck. I am not betting the farm.
Way to go , keep that stimulus money flowing .

I must have taken our car two days before you, ours runs out on the 23rd. I'm still vasilating over the idea. Time for home tax's, ins premium, etc.
Old 08-28-09, 10:49 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

"Way to go, keep that stimulus money flowing."

Yes, the economy needs more dummies like myself ;-).