RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Leases/pricing **post yours here**

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-09, 06:28 AM
turbospecc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leases/pricing **post yours here**

Just wondering how much under sticker people are paying for the 2010s now that they have been out for 6 months. Also, what sorta leases have people negotiated?

Edmunds says a $47,093 sticker RX350 AWD has an invoice of $41,495 and people are paying $44,410.
Old 07-21-09, 06:49 AM
turbospecc
Driver School Candidate

anyone? just trying to get an idea if people are getting close to invoice or if people are paying closer to Edmunds range of 44,410.
Old 07-21-09, 07:43 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know the leasing price, but you may find some info out here if you'd like to know what price ppl here got.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...010-rx350.html

This fourm apparently doesn't have the thread collecting all the price info. You got to search...
Old 07-21-09, 07:51 AM
turbospecc
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the link! I'm talking with 7 dealerships in the area, some are being a bit difficult. With a sticker nearly $6,000 above invoice, there better be some negotiating.
Old 07-21-09, 01:39 PM
GoCougs
Driver School Candidate

whatever your dealer is.... it's really simple. Supply vs demand.

If the sales manager doesn't think he can sell it for more than you are offering - he'll take the deal.

If he knows a buyer is around the corner... he won't.

Depends on color combinations/options/local market.

I would say you can easily get 1500-2000 off sticker.

Some people are getting more off, some people are paying more.

We went on the last day of the month... started on a car that is not a popular combination for our area... we agreed on a price... then magically, my wife changed her mind to the other color combination and options. We were willing to pay the 'difference' in sticker prices... but we got them at the max discount for a not-as-popular choice.

It works for us.
Old 07-21-09, 02:00 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

called free enterprise--and what the market will bear. Us vs the dealer and see who flinches first.

thats whats great about the US
Old 07-21-09, 05:17 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbospecc
Thanks for the link! I'm talking with 7 dealerships in the area, some are being a bit difficult. With a sticker nearly $6,000 above invoice, there better be some negotiating.
It's easier to understand how great price you've recieved if talking about MSRP - discount. IMO, to me, it's always hard to figure out what's the invoice price would be if talking about how much is above it.
Old 07-22-09, 07:04 AM
Theojt
10th Gear

Fairly high demand near me. Just completed mine yesterday at -2500 off MSRP. Probably a good deal, but not a great deal. I would have liked to get closer to -3500. I did get a loaded RX so I'm satisfied.
Old 07-22-09, 08:48 AM
nphudson1
Driver School Candidate

Default Reference Price should be??

What is the correct reference price we should be comparing against. According to MSN auto the base invoice is $32,752 for the base FWD. The premium package ($3700) with leather which all need to have gives you a reference price of $36450. Now the dealer makes money on the dealer holdback and the premium package upgrade so getting an RX 350 at this price not including TTL would be ideal right??
Old 07-22-09, 09:01 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nphudson1
What is the correct reference price we should be comparing against. According to MSN auto the base invoice is $32,752 for the base FWD. The premium package ($3700) with leather which all need to have gives you a reference price of $36450. Now the dealer makes money on the dealer holdback and the premium package upgrade so getting an RX 350 at this price not including TTL would be ideal right??
somewhere between the edmunds dealer cost and sticker is the range.

I have said before there are pros and cons on pricing. I end up negotiating a little less--what I get is better attention from dealer and salesman--ie--when I need service the salesman brings his demo to my house and picks up my car for warranty service and the reverse when the car is done--makes it very easy for me and that is worth something.

I had another dealer a few years back fix my car an go to bat for me when I needed a repair out of warranty--it actually happened 3 times and as the dealer said--it should not happen.

Don't want to be penny wise dollar foolish. I have gotten to the point where I have bought cars over the phone incl value for trade in which the dealer knew all about.

I have also (by not negotiating too much) received specials after the car was purchased--ie-Hal--your car needs a detailing--so we did it no charge.

they want repeat business and referrals.
Old 07-25-09, 06:08 PM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

edmunds has a price thread going http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f0cbfbf

better deals are going for 4-5K below msrp
Old 08-04-09, 06:13 PM
rhalcomb
Driver School Candidate

Default my negoitiated price...

i negotiated from sticker of 47,700 to 43,700
Old 08-04-09, 08:00 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default I'm sure this will anger some, but ....

The market as a whole nationally and in different regions will ebb and flow depending on many different facets IE; economy, price of fuel, build up or lack of inventory and advertising. So IMHO this discussion about 'mine's bigger than yours (discount) discussion reminds me of 'Liberty Nights in foreign ports' next day water cooler discussions from my Navy days.

But I know you're gonna do it anyway . I retired from the car business as well as the Navy and bought from the last dealer I worked for but I'll keep my deal to myself. I don't need to play liars poker. Everyone who buys one is an adult and needs to make his own deal and feel good about it w/o someone else trying to make him feel he over payed or wonder if others stories were true.

I'd rather talk about the car and features or problems or give answers to someone looking for help. That would give me a better feeling than trying to convince someone 'I' got the ultimate deal.
Old 08-04-09, 10:19 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cruiter
The market as a whole nationally and in different regions will ebb and flow depending on many different facets IE; economy, price of fuel, build up or lack of inventory and advertising. So IMHO this discussion about 'mine's bigger than yours (discount) discussion reminds me of 'Liberty Nights in foreign ports' next day water cooler discussions from my Navy days.

But I know you're gonna do it anyway . I retired from the car business as well as the Navy and bought from the last dealer I worked for but I'll keep my deal to myself. I don't need to play liars poker. Everyone who buys one is an adult and needs to make his own deal and feel good about it w/o someone else trying to make him feel he over payed or wonder if others stories were true.

I'd rather talk about the car and features or problems or give answers to someone looking for help. That would give me a better feeling than trying to convince someone 'I' got the ultimate deal.
Jim--your comment does not anger me--its realistic. Its all about supply and demand and who knows if postings are real or not?

I know whats available where I can realistically buy the car (I do want the convienence I have mentioned before-which includes a dealer who will go to bat for me if I , for example have a lemon

I have had dealers who pick up my car at my house when service is needed-leaving their demo for my use. I have a friend who is a Caddy dealer top salesman and works with the jocks and they pay a higher price and get top service--so pricing is variable for several reasons--I know some say they can get full discount and full service, but.

And on the rx-esp the 450--I have another friend who is, well--very well connected in the community. I asked him how I can get a better price on the car--he told me the dealers and lexus are doing a great job on the rx managing supply and demand intentionally to keep prices hi--the 350 in my area are going for a 3-5% discount and little discount for the 450-and only 2-3 in inventory at any one dealer at one time.

I suppose business wise thats much better than being stuck with, say a bunch of 400h's that nobody wants now even at 7-10k lower.
Old 08-04-09, 10:50 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

threads like this is just simple curiousity. I wouldnt take it as anything more. It is also for people who have not bought it yet, and are trying to see how much they should actually pay

Quick Reply: Leases/pricing **post yours here**