RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Taking care of your RX

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-09, 09:14 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yanje03
First lexol is pretty cheap. only $8 on amazon. Second why leather need breath, you think the leather cell still alive? I dont know if the lexol including silicone or not but resist oxidizing isn't a bad things for me and most people who used lexol all said that's good.
I am only repeating what I have learned attending national car club meets for the past twenty years. I can assure you the information is correct but you will need to do your own research if you are not convinced, or just continue to use Lexol, Armor All, etc.
Old 07-28-09, 10:27 PM
yanje03
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DNC
I am only repeating what I have learned attending national car club meets for the past twenty years. I can assure you the information is correct but you will need to do your own research if you are not convinced, or just continue to use Lexol, Armor All, etc.
I did research and didn't find what you said. also 20 years, if Lexol was real bad, it should have bankcrupted already.
here is what you said "In the long run it will cause damage and splitting ". I assume 'it' means Lexol. Many people used it for more than 10 years and said it was good. Those info I can found it pretty easy.

Last edited by yanje03; 07-28-09 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-28-09, 11:22 PM
DNC
Advanced

I did research and didn't find what you said. also 20 years, if Lexol was real bad, it should have bankcrupted already.
here is what you said "In the long run it will cause damage and splitting ". I assume 'it' means Lexol. Many people used it for more than 10 years and said it was good. Those info I can found it pretty easy.
Then your findings are different and you should use Lexol and any other silicone product that you believe is best. It is not my purpose to convince you to switch. I am only reporting what I have learned in workshops conducted at national meets of both the Rolls-Royce and Mercedes clubs by people who deal with this issue daily. I encourage you to continue your research on this matter.
Old 07-29-09, 01:05 PM
yanje03
Rookie

Originally Posted by DNC
Then your findings are different and you should use Lexol and any other silicone product that you believe is best. It is not my purpose to convince you to switch. I am only reporting what I have learned in workshops conducted at national meets of both the Rolls-Royce and Mercedes clubs by people who deal with this issue daily. I encourage you to continue your research on this matter.
I dont like people say something bad but can't give any evidence.
Old 07-29-09, 01:14 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I dont like people say something bad but can't give any evidence.
it is his opinion that he is giving, not empirical evidence. and we are all allowed to provide our opinions about something, just as you are providing your opinion about this product. it's up to each person to believe what is best for themselves and their car.
Old 07-29-09, 01:35 PM
yanje03
Rookie

Originally Posted by Stormforge
it is his opinion that he is giving, not empirical evidence. and we are all allowed to provide our opinions about something, just as you are providing your opinion about this product. it's up to each person to believe what is best for themselves and their car.
His opinion was based on something was bad which many people prepare to use. so I require him to show us more info about it. if he can provide, that's good, otherwise I will say what he said prob not right.
Old 07-29-09, 01:52 PM
DNC
Advanced

His opinion was based on something was bad which many people prepare to use. so I require him to show us more info about it. if he can provide, that's good, otherwise I will say what he said prob not right.
I have told you where my information came from. Again, I am not hear to convince you, only to share what has been my experience. If you like silicone on your car's trim continue using it.
So this will be of use to others; Leatherique.com has the best leather care products I have ever used. One success story I can share involves a 1967 Lincoln convertible I have. The original leather had turned cardboard hard. Using Leatherique's products Rejuvinator Oil and Prestine Clean I was able to get it back glove soft with several treatments. This has saved me a lot of money with cars I have and helped in keeping them original.
Old 07-29-09, 06:01 PM
Theojt
10th Gear

+1 on the Zaino.

A bit more work to apply than some but the results are unmatched IMHO.
Old 07-29-09, 06:30 PM
DNC
Advanced

I am convinced no two people get the same results from the same wax. I think there are so many variables that come into play that the same brand of wax behaves totally different with different people.
For the past ten years I have liked Zymol products best for "maintaining" my car's finish. I went a little crazy a while back and tried some of their estate class wax, Destiny, which did an EXCELLANT job. I wish the results had not been so impressive seeing it is such an expensive product.
Old 07-29-09, 06:43 PM
yanje03
Rookie

Originally Posted by DNC
I have told you where my information came from. Again, I am not hear to convince you, only to share what has been my experience. If you like silicone on your car's trim continue using it.
So this will be of use to others; Leatherique.com has the best leather care products I have ever used. One success story I can share involves a 1967 Lincoln convertible I have. The original leather had turned cardboard hard. Using Leatherique's products Rejuvinator Oil and Prestine Clean I was able to get it back glove soft with several treatments. This has saved me a lot of money with cars I have and helped in keeping them original.
I told you your 20 years old info might be wrong. Lexol might be a good product too and it is cheap. I dont convince you accept my oppinion either.
Old 07-29-09, 06:47 PM
DNC
Advanced

I told you your 20 years old info might be wrong. Lexol might be a good product too and it is cheap. I dont convince you accept my oppinion either.
Yanje03,

Please excuse me as I do not jump to nor meet your "requirement". I have given you proof by sharing my own experience. Somehow I believe we have a communication problem, either by transmission or reception, and believe it useless to continue any effort of communication. I do applaud you for not believing everything you read and encourage you to continue your efforts to learn. I think there are many opportunities for you in your search for knowledge.
Old 07-29-09, 06:55 PM
yanje03
Rookie

Originally Posted by DNC
Yanje03,

Please excuse me as I do not jump to nor meet your "requirement". I have given you proof by sharing my own experience. Somehow I believe we have a communication problem, either by transmission or reception, and believe it useless to continue any effort of communication. I do applaud you for not believing everything you read and encourage you to continue your efforts to learn. I think there are many opportunities for you in your search for knowledge.

That's not your own experience, that's someone told you 20 years ago. not about lexol product either, it is about someone told you sillicon doesnt good to leather.
Old 07-29-09, 11:35 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That's not your own experience, that's someone told you 20 years ago. not about lexol product either, it is about someone told you sillicon doesnt good to leather.
DNC is trying to be nice to you, he is saying if you believe in lexol product, go ahead and use it. It is his opinion about lexol, regardless whether it is right or wrong.

It is your opinion that lexol is a good product, regardless whether it is right or wrong.

There is no reason for you to change his mind, and no reason for him to change yours. Everyone is entitled to believe and use what they want for their car. It is wrong to criticise him for his opinion, it is rude and not nice. Now please stop attacking him and let's be civil about this.
Old 07-30-09, 12:03 AM
yanje03
Rookie

Originally Posted by Stormforge
DNC is trying to be nice to you, he is saying if you believe in lexol product, go ahead and use it. It is his opinion about lexol, regardless whether it is right or wrong.

It is your opinion that lexol is a good product, regardless whether it is right or wrong.

There is no reason for you to change his mind, and no reason for him to change yours. Everyone is entitled to believe and use what they want for their car. It is wrong to criticise him for his opinion, it is rude and not nice. Now please stop attacking him and let's be civil about this.
who wasn't nice. stopping attacking me pls . Focus on the topic.
Old 07-30-09, 02:05 AM
yanje03
Rookie

found some info about lexol leather conditioner and says it not contain silicone, so i got confused.

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/det...4716867-1.html

Last edited by yanje03; 07-30-09 at 02:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Taking care of your RX