RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Tire Pressure Monitor - am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-09, 05:25 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Monitor - am I missing something?

Looked and looked. Is it just me or is there no way of telling the tire pressures from inside the car/nav system/multi-info display? Couldn't seem to find it in the manual as well.

am I missing something here?
Old 08-06-09, 06:28 AM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i was also unable to find PSI, very disappointed

no voltmeter either
Old 08-06-09, 07:11 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DOUS
Looked and looked. Is it just me or is there no way of telling the tire pressures from inside the car/nav system/multi-info display? Couldn't seem to find it in the manual as well.

Unless, the RX350 is different in this regard from the RX450h (I doubt it), there is a menu button on the right side of steering wheel. There are two sets of displays if you press this menu button a couple times. One of these displays has the tire pressure of each tire showing on the information display if you keep pressing the enter button on the steering wheel.
Old 08-06-09, 08:22 AM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUS

I think this only applies to 450h and not 350. I did research this feature a month ago when one of the forum member with 450h was bragging individual tire pressure display I did check the menu options using the steering buttons and also the vehicle setting from the center console but I didn't see anything that referenced to tire pressure. If anyone with 350 can find it, please post the information.
Old 08-06-09, 09:01 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

350 has no PSI info... That's for 450h. or may be RX11 or RX12.
Old 08-06-09, 10:41 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

here is something interesting-I am reading an article about run flat tires in Wards auto world--bridgestone is introducing a 3rd gen run flat tire--the tire is advanced and wil have a less harsh ride than previous generations--also, for the first time, if your current car has conventional tires and TPMS, you can use the 3rd gen on the new car.

While I would not expect to replace tires soon, in a few yesrs I could see getting run flats.
Old 08-07-09, 12:49 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sightdev
I think this only applies to 450h and not 350. I did research this feature a month ago when one of the forum member with 450h was bragging individual tire pressure display I did check the menu options using the steering buttons and also the vehicle setting from the center console but I didn't see anything that referenced to tire pressure. If anyone with 350 can find it, please post the information.
i have to do a bit more digging but it seems silly Lexus wouldn't have this on the 10RX350 when a much cheaper Infiniti M35X or FX35 would have it and on a 2006 model even.
Old 08-07-09, 05:13 AM
jskennedy
Pole Position

my beat up old 02 jeep shows me the psi

lexus collects the data to determine if an alarm is needed

& they supposedly already have the technology to view the data in the 450h

why in the hell wouldn't they provide that data to everyone

it's a safety feature

i don't just want to know when my tire is too flat,

i want to see when it's going flat

i had an aftermarket tpms in my clunker i traded for the lexus & i check psi every time i started the vehicle

very disappointing
Old 08-07-09, 05:28 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jskennedy
my beat up old 02 jeep shows me the psi

lexus collects the data to determine if an alarm is needed

& they supposedly already have the technology to view the data in the 450h

why in the hell wouldn't they provide that data to everyone

it's a safety feature

i don't just want to know when my tire is too flat,

i want to see when it's going flat

i had an aftermarket tpms in my clunker i traded for the lexus & i check psi every time i started the vehicle

very disappointing
Different models come with different standard equipment. The 450h is considered a step up and comes with additional features as standard. If you knocked one of the valve stems off on a curb and had to replace it, I'm told it's about $300. It's nice and I'm glad I have the feature but I'm very careful parallel parking .
Old 08-07-09, 05:30 AM
jskennedy
Pole Position

viewing tire pressure shouldn't be an option, it should be a standard safety feature
Old 08-07-09, 07:00 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

I have the actual readouts on my vette and love it--do not have readouts on my BMW and disappointed--when on road trips in summer and hi speeds tires build up air pressure--I do like to know what the TP is--and as someone already said not receive an alert after its reached a bad point.

on the other hand--the RX is not aimed at the Vette and Bimmer crowd. So the 350 gets essentially idiot lights.
Old 08-07-09, 07:23 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Different models come with different standard equipment. The 450h is considered a step up and comes with additional features as standard. If you knocked one of the valve stems off on a curb and had to replace it, I'm told it's about $300. It's nice and I'm glad I have the feature but I'm very careful parallel parking .
I would think though that if you have the top of the line package (even if it's the 350), you should at least have it. I think aside from the hybrid engine, dynamic cruise, LED lights, minor exterior differences, my version of the RX is in every way the same as the 450h.
Old 08-07-09, 09:43 AM
ajs
Driver

I think what provides the real utility is the tire pressure warning system (TPWS), which is standard on all models.

Viewing tire pressures for me is a novelty that would quickly wear out. I'm not interested in viewing tire pressures. I want the system to tell me when something is wrong. I have better things to do than monitor tire pressures myself, and I'm not a reliable monitoring system anyway.
Old 08-07-09, 10:17 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

AJS--you ever drive I-10 in the summer and push the speed limits already at 75? I find my tire pressure (only measured on the vette) starts shooting hi--the warning goes off at 39 pounds (and 26 pounds) if i am not looking at gauge and scares the daylights out of me.

now--the vette has run flat tires which is important as you do not want to be running on "flat" tires at 90 MPH.
Old 08-07-09, 12:04 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

450h drivers should be greateful to have this feature, because the only other lexus model that has this is th LS and maybe the LX, thats it.

and the FX35 is more expensive than an RX350

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitor - am I missing something?