RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Venture Shield clear bra installed today

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-10, 01:47 PM
Premier Films
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tazdevl
Custom is expensive regardless. Typically installers use more film but the coverage it better. Patterns are cheaper.

My experience, they got offended when I called them to let them know about the issues I was having, nicely mind you. Rather than offering to fix it on the next road trip or the return trip, they swung by SB on the way back to the Bar Area, pulled it off the car and gave me my money back.
As needed, I spoke with management regarding your situation so that I may shed light on this incident. First off, it is unfortunate that you feel this way towards our company. We strive to satisfy all of our clients. After reviewing your incident, this is what became clear (please do not take offense in this as I investigated this incident thoroughly - through email exchanges, photos, and signed work order):

1. after the installation, the installers were contacted and told that the film "shrunk" back in coverage

2. in the emails provided to us, we were contracted to perform a precut application in the emails and on the invoice as well. This was not a custom installation.

3. it seemed in your email you were surprised how the film shrunk backward and then gaps appeared suddenly. The assumption is that everything is supposed to be wrapped. Again, the invoice and email exchanges stated clearly a precut kit is to be installed (only custom installations have edges wrapped)

4. Our team installed a custom hood application at no charge with the edges wrapped. It was thrown in.

5. there seemed to be a debate about your expectation that the film "shrunk" back. For example on the front bumper under the lights, you noticed a gap. You may not have noticed it on the day of the install, but the gap has always been there. The film does not shrink.

6. Being adamant that the film shrunk, you were not accepting the fact that it was a precut application. At that time our installers decided that they would not be able to satisfy your needs. We then decided to take a loss on the application. Our team returned to your location in Santa Barbara and removed the film. Upon removal we issued a full refund to you.
Old 01-07-10, 10:38 AM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Premier Films
First off, it is unfortunate that you feel this way towards our company. We strive to satisfy all of our clients.
A noteworthy goal, the details always lie in the execution. There were both phone calls and emails involved in the situation, so you're missing part of the picture. I can appreciate the attempt to clear the proverbial air, but my stance is still the same.
Old 01-07-10, 02:54 PM
Premier Films
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tazdevl
A noteworthy goal, the details always lie in the execution. There were both phone calls and emails involved in the situation, so you're missing part of the picture. I can appreciate the attempt to clear the proverbial air, but my stance is still the same.
Although I personally was not present for this incident, my investigation to this incident nearly 4 years ago was thorough. My reviews of the email exchanges were straight forward and apparent. Below are the facts: You made an assumption that the film shrunk in which it did not, but you were not accepting of this. Our technicians put in much effort to explain in detail in the emails that the film edges can be seen because it is a precut kit. The invoice stated it was a kit and prior to our technicians coming out for the installation, it was stated in the email that it is a kit. Our installers made the decision to refund 100% of the amount to you and made the trip out to remove all of the film

These are the facts that I pulled up in the email exchanges and photos. I felt it was necessary to bring about to light the details of this incident because our staff works very hard in the work we produce and the service we provide.