RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 rx350 complaints

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-09, 04:18 PM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
the box light is only turned on when the headlights on turned on
ahh, cool, now i see the light

i'm used to glove box lights activating when you open the box, regardless of whether the headlights are burning

thanks for the info
Old 08-16-09, 02:30 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

trust me all of the little piddly stuff you mentioned is mor like you getting used to the new car. I was freaking out a bit when I went form a G35 sedan to the GS350. It didnt seem as fun to drive but in the end I found that the car is just as rewarding as the G35 to drive ( almost) but also offered a higher level of reliability and refinement than the old car. I think you will come to the same conclusion after a while. I also had a touch of buyers remorse or buyers " what the hell didi I do" syndrome as well. After a while of owning the car you will see why Lexus has the reputation it does . ITS BIG TIME> The service quality will also be like nothing you have experienced at Jeep. Trust me
Old 08-19-09, 04:10 AM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I also had a touch of buyers remorse or buyers " what the hell didi I do" syndrome as well. After a while of owning the car you will see why Lexus has the reputation it does . ITS BIG TIME> The service quality will also be like nothing you have experienced at Jeep. Trust me
no buyers remorse, i like the vehicle, just not the issues i complained about

my complaints were not to discourage others, but to encourage lexus

only dealt w/ jeep service dept once for a heating issue on my 2nd jeep

my 1st jeep never saw the service dept in the 11 yrs i owned it
Old 08-19-09, 10:57 AM
tonyhui
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just pickup my RX450h yesterday after driving a RX400h for three years. I agree the angle of view from the new side mirrors are not as wide as the old version. However, that change may be intentional. When driving at night I always get strong glare from the headlights from cars behind me. When I tested the new car last night all the glares were gone. The new side mirrors dimming feature may have helped but I think part of it have to do with not being able to see what is behind the car as well.

I think with rear camera becoming more common Lexus has decided to change the mirrors. In light of this I would say the backup camera is a must for anyone considering buying a 2010.

Originally Posted by jskennedy
below is what i see

i have no issue w/ the view beside the vehicle

my complaint is that i can't see behind the vehicle in the side view mirror

i realize i can use the rear view mirror, but in previous vehicles i have been able to see both beside & behind the vehicle w/ the side view mirror w/o leaning over

if the top of the mirror was an inch wider toward the car, it would be perfect

Old 08-19-09, 11:30 AM
jskennedy
Pole Position

i read somewhere that the side mirrors were designed for reduced wind sound

so maybe there were multiple factors contributing to the snipped off upper inside corner
Old 08-21-09, 08:13 PM
HHRP
Driver School Candidate

i've never owned a lexus, last 2 vehicles were
- no lips on rims for wheel weights, weights stuck in the inner rim are unsightly
I think weights on the lip is an ugly thing.
Weights should be inside and should not be visible.
Weights on outside is something you would see on a GM car
Again, it's just my personal opinion.
Old 08-21-09, 09:50 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HHRP
I think weights on the lip is an ugly thing.
Weights should be inside and should not be visible.
Weights on outside is something you would see on a GM car
Again, it's just my personal opinion.
I also hated the look at first. Now, I don't pay attention to them. However, I think its a practical thing, as eventually you will need to replace the tires, and consequently, re-balance the wheels. Having weights on a stick-on is easier to replace and is less risky to damage the wheel, imo.
Old 08-22-09, 09:07 AM
ajs
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with HHRP 100%. Weights on the inside of the wheel are infinitely better looking than having something hanging from the lip. Now that's ugly!!!
Old 08-22-09, 05:21 PM
jskennedy
Pole Position

inside wheel is more attractive than outer lip, but many have switched to placing weight on the inside lip where it can not be seen

inside lip is the best spot in my opinion, but i guess if you have lipless wheels, what can you do
Old 08-28-09, 07:18 PM
HHRP
Driver School Candidate

Anything on the lip of the rim will scratch it after couple of times, plus esthetically it's not so good looking. But of course it's ok for people who don't mind those aspects. I personally would be OK with a lip on like a mud truck, but on upscale cars it just strikes me odd.
Old 08-29-09, 11:53 AM
jskennedy
Pole Position

just to be clear, by "inside lip" i mean the part of the rim the is underneath the vehicle & not visible, unless you have the car on a lift. if anything were scratched here, it could not be seen
Old 11-04-10, 05:39 PM
garyva
Driver School Candidate

I just moved from an Acura to an RX 350 2008 pre-certified. car is great but where do I put my cell phone, wallet, loose change, pen, biz cards. you almost need an auxilliary console with a pencil drawer or something like that like Acura had on it center console. was I spoiled by Acura or is there a Lexus solution that I haven't discovered yet??
Old 11-04-10, 08:04 PM
k9shelly1
Driver

After the debocal with my GMC Acadia, if these are the complaints I am to expect from my new RX 350 I'll take 'em.

The Equinox is the Chevy version of the Acadia and trust me, the issues are the same for the both and throw the Buick version, Enclave, in there as well.

Yah, I'll take this very minor issues over what I went through with the Acadia.
Old 11-04-10, 09:19 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

- can't send a map destination to navi via web browser, this is a gm onstar feature, maybe lexus-ensure will include it in the future
You should have a complimentary year of Lexus Enform. With Enform you can send a map destination to the vehicles Navi. You can organize destinations in folders. There is also an iPhone app if you own one.
Old 11-06-10, 05:48 AM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SDLexus
You should have a complimentary year of Lexus Enform. With Enform you can send a map destination to the vehicles Navi. You can organize destinations in folders. There is also an iPhone app if you own one.
i have a pre-enform rx, the feature became available several months after i made my purchase

i got the recent lexus email saying you could send destinations to your vehicle, then read the details & saw enform was required

Quick Reply: 2010 rx350 complaints