RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 rx350 complaints

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-10, 05:49 AM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by k9shelly1
After the debocal with my GMC Acadia, if these are the complaints I am to expect from my new RX 350 I'll take 'em.

The Equinox is the Chevy version of the Acadia and trust me, the issues are the same for the both and throw the Buick version, Enclave, in there as well.

Yah, I'll take this very minor issues over what I went through with the Acadia.
actually, the traverse is the chevy version of the acadia, equinox is the smaller chevy suv

what problems did you experience w/ you acadia?
Old 11-07-10, 05:59 PM
k9shelly1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jskennedy
actually, the traverse is the chevy version of the acadia, equinox is the smaller chevy suv

what problems did you experience w/ you acadia?
You're right on the traverse. My bad.

As for the problems, let me see:

3rd day I had it "check engine" light comes on. They had to drop the engine to get at the intake. Was in the shop 19 days. That's right.....19 days. Turns out GMC had been having those issues and the parts were back-ordered. Service teck acted dumb saying he had never seen that. Yeah, while in the lobby I spoke to two other owners who were there for the same thing. Got on the web and turns out the issue was around since the '07 model.

When I picked up the Acadia I was going out of town on vacation (which I postponed due to the car being in the shop). An annoying beep with the "brake" light comes on. I depress e-brake and release it. It goes away only to come back on 2 seconds later. Drove 200 miles with the beep on. Yeah, my vacation started out that way and pulled into dealer. 4 hours later we were back on the road.

Things went O.K. for a few months until sunroof started to leak. Sure enough, I knew this was coming as I had researched the issues after my initial experience. Yup, once again as were were headed out of town. Since is was not considered a "safety issue" there was no loaner. Had to cancel trip. Got the car back 6 days later. Missing pieces and whannot to boot.

The straw that broke the cammel's back was the Nav unit going out. This while we were out of town. The Nav also controlled the rear entertainment DVD. Crying kids for the last 150 miles of the trip (1 and 3 yr olds). Took it in and once again no loaner (not safety issue). It was there for two weeks as again the parts were back-ordered due to continued issues with several cars. When we got it back there was no "map DVD" in it since it went with my original unit. Found this out when I was out of town on business. Waited 3 weeks for the DVD to get back. While I was waiting (frustrated) I did research on this. I found that the Nav unit would never be the same. True to its word the Nav unit was dircting me to businesses 1500 miles away and couldn't find entered addresses. Not only that, eventhough it was a new unit it continued to go black as the initial one did, but it would come back on.

That was it for me. I got rid of it at a loss. I love "American Made" but I will never, ever buy another GM product again.
Old 10-12-11, 11:59 AM
cactusgary
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

[QUOTE=PatsSoxfan;4749009]"A common mistake with drivers is that they adjust their mirrors so that they can still see part of the doors on each side. This is not "correct." [B][U][COLOR="Red"]you are suppose to adjust it so that if you lean on either side just a little bit, you can see the sides of the car. sitting in the drivers seat perfectly in the middle, you should not be able to see the side of your car. this will help with blind spots."

wow never knew that - great safety info