RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

A few complaints about my 2010 Lexus RX350, for the record...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 06:38 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"No" to all the quotes below.. The homelink lighting error is NOT the only issue. See the image below... The ambient lighting does not light up the temperature text for either the driver or passenger...

Originally Posted by RXSF
So really the only error/or worse change from second gen to third gen is the homelink buttons.
Originally Posted by kitlz
RXSF, DOUS and Stormforge, thank you for clarifying some of the issues with the buttons. Glad to hear it's not as bad as you first thought.
Originally Posted by The G Man
I guess thats why they have ambient lighting on top, so we can see all the un-lit buttons
Old 08-12-09, 10:16 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I dont think the above picture shows the inside dash with the headlights on. none of the buttons seem lit to me.

but after reading your previous post, the arrows are lit, but the "temp" is not lit. that isnt that big of a deal to me, seeing as how you should know what the arrows are for.
Old 08-12-09, 11:15 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

You mean you guys didn’t get your standard night vision gaggles with your new RX? Check the glove box
Old 08-12-09, 11:18 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

You mean you guys didn’t get your standard night vision gaggles with your new RX? Check the glove box
lol

I don't think this should be a big issue considering there are fewer buttons than earlier gen RXs. But it would help if someone can provide a picture of the dash at night.
Old 08-12-09, 11:24 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
lol

I don't think this should be a big issue considering there are fewer buttons than earlier gen RXs. But it would help if someone can provide a picture of the dash at night.
i'll take a few pics tonight, not sure if it will turn out tho.
Old 08-12-09, 12:49 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

It wasnt a big deal to me in my last Lexus. I had all the un-lit button memorized pretty quick.
Old 08-12-09, 12:55 PM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i could hit the radio presets on my last suv w/o looking

temp buttons are in the lower left & should be a easy feel to hit w/o eye contact

not saying the buttons shouldn't be well lit
Old 08-12-09, 01:39 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The non illuminated buttons may not be a big deal for most of us, but it will be a big deal for my elderly parents.
Old 08-12-09, 01:44 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

G Man,

The gaggles are an option here in NC and if you order that $20,000 option package you can't get A/C. Fully thing is the heater buttons are illuminated on those models.
Old 08-13-09, 05:25 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DNC
G Man,

The gaggles are an option here in NC and if you order that $20,000 option package you can't get A/C. Fully thing is the heater buttons are illuminated on those models.
Oh yeah, I forgot the the illuminated buttons are only in the Lexus package xy@, and is only available in the northeast sector of Alaska during the summer months
Old 08-14-09, 07:15 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think the above picture shows the inside dash with the headlights on. none of the buttons seem lit to me.

but after reading your previous post, the arrows are lit, but the "temp" is not lit. that isnt that big of a deal to me, seeing as how you should know what the arrows are for.
It wasnt a big deal to me in my last Lexus. I had all the un-lit button memorized pretty quick.
I understand both your points but I'm not going to memorize the interior buttons any time soon because I drive several cars and the RX is the one I drive the least. And what about passengers? How likely is it that they're going to know what these buttons do without seeing the text? The dual controls are there so that the passenger can set his/her temperature - but how can you do that when you can't find the buttons? If the text is there to represent the buttons during the day, it should also be there at night.

Originally Posted by DNC
The non illuminated buttons may not be a big deal for most of us, but it will be a big deal for my elderly parents.
Another good point...
Old 08-15-09, 04:13 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

If you've seen the dash in the daytime, it should be easy enough to know what the arrows are for (temp). This is a nonNAV dash...
Attached Thumbnails A few complaints about my 2010 Lexus RX350, for the record...-img_0051.jpg  
Old 08-15-09, 08:29 PM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, interesting. I agree - not a big deal but the new RX will be my wife's car and I will drive it much less frequently so this would be a bit of a pain for me as well. Not a reason not to purchase the car, just something they should have addressed.

Quick question on/off topic but somewhat related . . . since I don't drive my wife's 07 RX too often - the one thing that frustrates me when I'm on the highway at night is that the cruise control stalk is not lit. Can anyone comment if the 2010 RX cruise stalk is lit? Again, not such a big deal but since we're talking about unlit controls I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Old 08-15-09, 09:14 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

the stalk will not be lit.
Old 08-16-09, 04:57 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the stalk will not be lit.
Thanks for the info - much appreciated! That's what I figured after my test drive today but a blazing sun doesn't really allow you to see which buttons are lit up so I wasn't able to tell myself.

Jay

Quick Reply: A few complaints about my 2010 Lexus RX350, for the record...