RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What do you like about your new RX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-09, 11:26 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default What do you like about your new RX?

So what features do you guys like, appreciate, or find cool about your new RX? For me, i appreciate the puddle lamp on the side mirrors that automatically light up when you approach the car. Great feature to have in the middle of the night.
Second thing I like a lot is the LED headlamps on my 450h. It's new technology (for the RX) and it looks great. Light output is as good if not better than HID headlamps.

Coming from a 2001 Honda Odyssey minivan, I really appreciate the power rear door. You have your hands full of groceries or stuff, and you can open/close the door with your remote. Sure this auto open/close feature is available in other vehicles, but it's my first time experiencing this convenient feature.

Lastly I find the credit card sized key really cool.
Old 08-10-09, 04:37 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stormforge
So what features do you guys like, appreciate, or find cool about your new RX? For me, i appreciate the puddle lamp on the side mirrors that automatically light up when you approach the car. Great feature to have in the middle of the night.
Second thing I like a lot is the LED headlamps on my 450h. It's new technology (for the RX) and it looks great. Light output is as good if not better than HID headlamps.

Coming from a 2001 Honda Odyssey minivan, I really appreciate the power rear door. You have your hands full of groceries or stuff, and you can open/close the door with your remote. Sure this auto open/close feature is available in other vehicles, but it's my first time experiencing this convenient feature.

Lastly I find the credit card sized key really cool.
There are a lot of things that I like about the new RX: not necessarily in order of importance, some of these include, the HUD, LED lights, radar cruise and PCS, the passenger side camera/monitor, the steering, handling (better than I expected), positioning of the navigation screen, remote touch/mouse like feature, overall comfort, the ECO light, the voice command (works really well), and in the case of the RX450h, the fuel efficiency.

Last edited by PatsSoxfan; 08-10-09 at 04:42 AM.
Old 08-10-09, 06:09 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lots of stuff! (Not in order of preference)

Here are things I didn't have in my other cars: HUD, credit card key, keyless touch lock is best I've seen, low angle side mirrors in reverse, auto dimming side mirrors, puddle lights, auto folding mirrors, side view camera, extendable seat, remote touch, auto high beams, hidden rear wipers, comfortable ride, casual language voice command, parking sensors, rear dvd screens in the back to watch movies and play games simultaneously.

have had before but love in general: power tailgate, touch lock/unlock, AFS (turning headlights), rain sensing wipers, voice commands, rear camera, auto dimming interior rear view mirror.
Old 08-10-09, 01:13 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Most of the features that really make me feel good when I walk up and get in are things I've not had before.
1. It knows me (sort of)
2. AFS lights w/intelligent high beams (I have the HID lights and like them)
3. Rain sensing wipers are neat and generally work well
4. NAV package is so much better than my old w/s mount Magellen
5. Already mentioned but I'll do it again, puddle lamps + the turn signals on the mirrors
6. The ability to set and/or change the 'function' settings w/i the NAV system
7. Blue Tooth (1st time I've had a car with it)
8. Individual tire pressure monitoring system (450h)
9. Pretty consistently averaging 10mpg better than my 03 RX300
10. It's quite, powerful, and for a SUV, handles very well. Just knowing VDIM is on-board is like knowing you have a spare $100 tucked in your wallet for emergency's.

Little complaints that have been endlessly talked about in other threads I'll leave alone, 'nuff said

Old 08-10-09, 01:43 PM
skoobz2001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DOUS
casual language voice command
Can you give some examples of what voice commands your system will accept "casually"? Mine has a hard enough time recognizing commands that it even lists on the prompt screens, and is downright deaf when it comes to POI categories.
Old 08-10-09, 02:07 PM
yanje03
Rookie

Originally Posted by skoobz2001
Can you give some examples of what voice commands your system will accept "casually"? Mine has a hard enough time recognizing commands that it even lists on the prompt screens, and is downright deaf when it comes to POI categories.
I found the voice recognizing is more accurate on high way than I test it in garage. might just need a little high way noise mixed to make it more accurate. The most command I used is

"take me home " dont say "go home"
call "xxx name".

the phone call/reciever function is real work great in California because it is illegal to make a phone call without hands free headset when you driving.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the best voice recognizing system is google voice search in iPhone.
Old 08-10-09, 07:35 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by skoobz2001
if I say "It's getting a bit warm or hot in here". The system will say "lowered temperature" and will lower the temperature a degree or two.

I also say "play my ipod" and it will play my iPod

Sometimes the nav guidance works and sometimes it doesn't. I guess it's tricky when you're trying to find a specific destination.
Old 08-10-09, 08:39 PM
data2009
Pole Position

if I say "It's getting a bit warm or hot in here". The system will say "lowered temperature" and will lower the temperature a degree or two.

I also say "play my ipod" and it will play my iPod

Sometimes the nav guidance works and sometimes it doesn't. I guess it's tricky when you're trying to find a specific destination.
Maybe I'm not doing it right (I have no patience to RTF), but I find it extremely annoying for Voice Recognition to start with 1000 prompts before you say a command, so I just don't use the damned thing.

If it gets too hot or too cold, I can still push the buttons. Thank you very much.

But its the thread about the likes, so I vote for keyless push button and remote touch with Navi. Awesome! Also, second to none is the fact the new RX has a more less normal console now, without minivanish armrests. Really p##ed me off in all previous gen RX models. I also like the smoothness of a shifter, alas its placement is still abit awkward.

Last edited by data2009; 08-10-09 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-10-09, 09:39 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by data2009
Maybe I'm not doing it right (I have no patience to RTF), but I find it extremely annoying for Voice Recognition to start with 1000 prompts before you say a command, so I just don't use the damned thing.
You can turn the prompts off.. In settings > voice > switch "voice recognition guidance" to "off"

thats it.
Old 08-11-09, 12:39 PM
turbospecc
Driver School Candidate

You can turn the prompts off.. In settings > voice > switch "voice recognition guidance" to "off"

thats it.
Or just push the voice button on the steering wheel when you are getting guidance and it skips the schpiel.