RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

MSRP Increase due to Lexus Enform?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 08:36 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys lets get back to discussing the topic at hand and not the people posting in the thread.
Amen to that!

So I called the sales person back today and, yes, evidently there is an increase to the MSRP according to him.

So if anyone is looking at buying the RX soon and you don't want/need the system you'll save a few dollars while the pre-August builds are still out there. If you want it, there will evidently be a cost involved with both the MSRP and monthly/annual charges so just know that in advance.

If you are going in to talk numbers just be aware that, as of now, the Lexus website and others like Edmunds are not updated with the new price yet so make sure to ask about that to avoid any potential confusion or frustration.

Hope that helps (and if anyone hears any different PLEASE post!).

Thanks again!

Jay
Old 08-13-09, 09:21 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Let me get this right, lexus is forcing everybody to buy the Lexus version of the on-star system? Is there a monthly fee involved?
Old 08-13-09, 09:38 AM
Tex Lex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like they are forcing you to pay more for the fact that it is "Enform Ready" even if you are not going to use it...

The MSRP (on the 350 FWD) seems to have changed from $36,800 to $37,250. According to what my salesman printed out last week, my Vehicle Inquiry Report states the "Vehicle Base Model" as $37,250. My RX is a Mid Aug production. I also have another Vehicle Inquiry Report from late June (from another RX) and it says the "Vehicle Base Model" as $36,800 (which is also what Lexus website still says).

So it seems that the price did go up. For the few that agreed on a price before this Enform business came out, I guess it is a "no cost" option

1-Year Renewal is as follows..

Safety Connect Only $139.95
Lexus Enform with Safety Connect $264.90

With that said according to my Vehicle Inquiry Report there is a 1 year "trial" subscription to Enform with Safty Connect.

As my dad always said.. There is no free lunch.

--Nate
Old 08-13-09, 09:57 AM
Tex Lex
Rookie

Scan from the dealer pamphlet..

--Nate
Old 08-13-09, 11:57 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Let me get this right, lexus is forcing everybody to buy the Lexus version of the on-star system? Is there a monthly fee involved?
yes and no. you get it free for one year. after that if you dont wish to pay for it, you can pass it up.

p.s. while teleaid in the mercedes system doesnt give zagat ratings, the navigation includes them when you search for a POI
Old 08-13-09, 03:56 PM
klegrow
Rookie

Is the enform only coming on the top model (called Luxury Package in the US)?
Old 08-13-09, 04:24 PM
RXSF

comes with every car with nav regarless of package
Old 08-13-09, 05:18 PM
RXSF

Price increase is true

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ouncement.html
Old 08-13-09, 06:09 PM
gatorcb
Driver

buy a garmin and get a rx wo nav...it's portable and cheaper as are the updates
Old 08-13-09, 06:56 PM
klegrow
Rookie

Gatorcb....that is what my wife did with her RX08, because she HATED the Nav in that year. However, she doesn't like that there is no integrated voice command, screen size, etc.
Old 08-13-09, 07:03 PM
klegrow
Rookie

Does anyone know how different the Nav is with Enform? Is it just the Enform features, or are there other significant enhancements? I'm just wondering if it is work the wait if I don't care about the Safety Connect.
Old 08-13-09, 08:41 PM
ObsidianRX
Driver School Candidate

It's funny to me that they imply that their smart key system makes it impossible to lock your keys in the car. As I found out with my comfort access equipped BMW, this isn't true. Yeah it takes a really unlucky and boneheaded series of events to occur, but it's definitely possible. Thankfully I borrowed a cellphone and they had an unlock code beamed to the car in about 30 seconds. Hopefully the Enform system is set up to do the same

Lots of marketing fluff in the promo brochure, but for some people the features have value I'm sure. These systems are obviously very profitable for manufacturers since nearly all have some version of it now. I showed it to the GF and we both agreed that it wasn't worth $450 + the service fees to us.
Old 08-14-09, 04:19 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone! Great brochure scan too!

Now, I'm just curious, but is there an additional per minute charge for the 'cellular' phone calls to Lexus connect or is that covered in the monthly fee? I know someone that had Onstar a loooong time ago and they had to set up a separate phone number, etc. to use that system. I think the cost per minute was pretty high too.

I wouldn't expect to use the Enform all that much so it's not that big of a deal but I'm just curious as I didn't see anything on the brochure that talked about that.

Cheers!

Jay
Old 08-14-09, 05:44 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Lexus is getting sloppy, this is just poor business practice Lexus's part. Instead of raising the price in the middle of a model year, they should have raise it in the next model year.
Old 08-23-09, 10:07 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

So we picked up my wife's RX yesterday and I asked about any additional charges for the calls to get destination assist. According the salesman there is no charge for those calls. I looked through all of the documentation and contracts I could get my hands on and didn't see anything about per minute charges either.

I tried to send a new destination to the RX via the eDestination online from our home computer but it didn't send to the GPS so I'll have to figure that out. It also didn't find an address on the computer that was actually found easily on the Nav in the vehicle. Interesting. There was a 'North' in front of the road's name but the Nav system did a better job of identifying that than the internet eDestination did.

I guess we'll see. I would like to figure out how to send the addresses as I think it will be much easier to put them on a computer and send them than to go through voice recognition in the car.

I agree about the mid-year change and price increase. Hairy if you ask me but at least they offered it. There would probably be more complaints if they didn't offer it upon availability and waited a year or two. Then the first year buyers would be raising heck!

So far so good other than that!

Jay