RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

MSRP Increase due to Lexus Enform?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-09, 11:45 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MSRP Increase due to Lexus Enform?

Hi all. Back in the hunt for a new 2010 RX (hopefully!).

I called someone today and was inquiring about the new Enform and if we are ready to buy we'd like to get one of the vehicles with this installed.

So as I'm speaking with the salesman he informs me that the addition of the Enform resulted in the base MSRP of the car going up about $641.

Just curious if anyone else has seen or heard this.

Thanks!

Jay
Old 08-12-09, 03:59 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Bump. Saw over 50 views but no responses (I know it's only been 1 day so I'm not being impatient - just want to see if anyone else can confirm this information).

Thanks!

Jay
Old 08-12-09, 05:42 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Whats enform?
Old 08-12-09, 09:21 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Whats enform?
lexus version of GM's onstar
Old 08-12-09, 11:16 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

I thought that was called Lexus link.
Old 08-12-09, 11:20 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

lol G man.

Lexus enform is now part of the navigation where you can:
1) call a lexus rep and they will search and directly send directions to your nav
2) allow you to send destinations from your computer to the nav
3) comes with an optional Safety Connect which is roadside and automatic collision notification

http://www.lexus.com/models/HSh/acce...riesEnform0809

Now im not sure if this really does result in a price increase. Lexus website has not adjusted this and I think that would be one of the first things they change
Old 08-12-09, 11:28 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

This sounds like a step up from Lexus link. I like the ability to download destinations from my computer to the car. Sorry, I don't have Lexus Link on my current RX so I don't know if this feature is already available.

Maybe this is the cause of the rumored price increase later this year. But even factoring in the additional cost of Enform with the reduced base price over previous gen RXs, it's a wash.
Old 08-12-09, 12:42 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
lol G man.

Lexus enform is now part of the navigation where you can:
1) call a lexus rep and they will search and directly send directions to your nav
2) allow you to send destinations from your computer to the nav
3) comes with an optional Safety Connect which is roadside and automatic collision notification

http://www.lexus.com/models/HSh/acce...riesEnform0809

Now im not sure if this really does result in a price increase. Lexus website has not adjusted this and I think that would be one of the first things they change
Sounds like a good money maker for Lexus.
Old 08-13-09, 04:07 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Hi all. Anyone get any info on the price increase due to this? Getting close to pulling the trigger but I want to be sure.

Thanks!

Jay
Old 08-13-09, 04:30 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Hi all. Anyone get any info on the price increase due to this? Getting close to pulling the trigger but I want to be sure.

Thanks!

Jay
I don't want to sound disrespectful, but if you are going to spend about $45K (or thereabouts) on a new car, why are you SO concerned about possibly paying an additional $641? It seems trivial to me. If you like the car, just buy it! And if you are really concerned about the $641, then that suggests that you really cannot afford this vehicle.
Old 08-13-09, 05:31 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they will make their money on the continuing service--give the customer the razor--but sell the blades.

The US dollar is weak this morning headed to a new low--for cars actually made in japan, this may require price increases

usd down 4% vs jpy in last 35 days

a weaker dollar has the effect of making it easier to export. more expensive to import--at some point TM will have to increase prices on what is made there.
Old 08-13-09, 05:51 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
I don't want to sound disrespectful, but if you are going to spend about $45K (or thereabouts) on a new car, why are you SO concerned about possibly paying an additional $641? It seems trivial to me. If you like the car, just buy it! And if you are really concerned about the $641, then that suggests that you really cannot afford this vehicle.
Hmm, I guess it had to happen. Thank you for your rude reply. The issue is not that I can't afford it or that it's that upsetting to me or that it's the end of the world or that there aren't more important considerations.

What I am simply asking about is if there is a change in the MSRP due to the new system. It's not a complicated question, nor does it require a response such as yours.

When I am doing the math to calculate payments on a lease one of the important factors is the MSRP since the residual is based on that number. If I use an MSRP that is $600+ less than what the vehicle will end up listing for then my numbers will be off. Is it the end of the world? As I mentioned before - no it is not.

People come to these boards to get useful information from helpful folks and hopefully to share some of their own experiences to help others. If you notice above, there are a number of people who don't even know what the Enform system is or that it will be available shortly. So if there are people out there looking to make a decision about buying the car and they suddenly find out that the MSRP is different than everything posted on all of the websites - Lexus' own website included then I'm sure they might get confused or upset. Hopefully this thread will help some of those folks avoid that and have a happier buying experience.

So while $15-$20/month in payment will certainly not change my decision to lease the vehicle or not, I would still like to accurately prepare for when I get numbers from the sales people. However, for some people, whether you agree or disagree - $15/month may make them decide not to go with the RX. It's not my place to judge, nor is it yours.

As the old saying goes . . . if you don't have anything nice to say you probably shouldn't say it. I'm not exactly sure where your response came from or why you even took the time to actually type it out if you are that put off by this thread but I thank you for your feedback and would just ask for a bit more contribution and a little less judgement moving forward.

Tip: If you have to start a post by saying "I don't want to sound disrespectful . . . " your post probably will sound disrespectful.

Jay

Last edited by DigMyM35x; 08-13-09 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-13-09, 06:44 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Hmm, I guess it had to happen. Thank you for your rude reply. The issue is not that I can't afford it or that it's that upsetting to me or that it's the end of the world or that there aren't more important considerations.

What I am simply asking about is if there is a change in the MSRP due to the new system. It's not a complicated question, nor does it require a response such as yours.

When I am doing the math to calculate payments on a lease one of the important factors is the MSRP since the residual is based on that number. If I use an MSRP that is $600+ less than what the vehicle will end up listing for then my numbers will be off. Is it the end of the world? As I mentioned before - no it is not.

People come to these boards to get useful information from helpful folks and hopefully to share some of their own experiences to help others. If you notice above, there are a number of people who don't even know what the Enform system is or that it will be available shortly. So if there are people out there looking to make a decision about buying the car and they suddenly find out that the MSRP is different than everything posted on all of the websites - Lexus' own website included then I'm sure they might get confused or upset. Hopefully this thread will help some of those folks avoid that and have a happier buying experience.

So while $15-$20/month in payment will certainly not change my decision to lease the vehicle or not, I would still like to accurately prepare for when I get numbers from the sales people. However, for some people, whether you agree or disagree - $15/month may make them decide not to go with the RX. It's not my place to judge, nor is it yours.

As the old saying goes . . . if you don't have anything nice to say you probably shouldn't say it. I'm not exactly sure where your response came from or why you even took the time to actually type it out if you are that put off by this thread but I thank you for your feedback and would just ask for a bit more contribution and a little less judgement moving forward.

Tip: If you have to start a post by saying "I don't want to sound disrespectful . . . " your post probably will sound disrespectful.

Jay
Wow! I never expected such a harsh response. I don't believe I was rude in what I stated. I stated an opinion and I did not call you any filthy names or anything like that. My opinion was and still is that a $641 increase is trivial compared to the total cost of the car. This is the first time that someone on these forums told me that I was rude. I hope it's the last time.

I am all for getting good information here and I welcome information about Enform or anything else.
Old 08-13-09, 07:12 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Come on PatsSoxfan, DigMyM35x is just trying to find out the correct price so he would know what he’s talking about when he walk into the dealership and start bargaining and you call him cheap by saying if he cannot afford $600, then he shouldn’t look at a $45000 vehicle. I really think you own him a apology.
Old 08-13-09, 07:48 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Guys lets get back to discussing the topic at hand and not the people posting in the thread.

Quick Reply: MSRP Increase due to Lexus Enform?