RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

XM NavTraffic

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 06:44 AM
Cmdr007
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM NavTraffic

Hi All,

I'm new to the forums and new to the Lexus family. I just recently got the 2010 RX 350 with Navigation. I was attempting to use XM NavTraffic, but have not been successful. The XM radio channels and XM Weather work fine though.

I have subscribed to XM, including the XM NavTraffic; however, when I attempt go through the voice prompts and use the service it tells me an XM subscription is required. I doubled checked with XM to make sure I was subscribed and they assure me I am, so I'm kinda stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by Cmdr007; 08-14-09 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-13-09, 08:19 AM
turbospecc
Driver School Candidate

I'm having the same problem (activated my 3-month trial subscription).

Also, XM stations are only showing 16 characters on the information page. XM tech support was clueless, going into dealer today.
Old 08-13-09, 05:06 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cmdr007, turbospecc, are you guys talking about your 3-month trial? If you get the hard time to activate them yourself via XM hotline, you may consider to have your dealers to work on this activation. It's Lexus dealers' responsibility of doing all of these prior to giving you the keys.

If you have to activate yourself, usually we can call to XM, and stay in the good reception location with channel 0 for 3-15 mins. This will help your activation. (PS. When you call and XM sends the codes to your car, those codes will be good for 3-6 hours usually. If you call tonight then decide to activate your XM tomorrow, sorry, it probably won't work for you, and you have to call again.

Perhaps, there are some other factors causing problems, the bottom line is to get back to dealers to fix it.

As for XM Navi, it sucks, and responds slowly. Google Map and Yahoo Map are more reliable so far...
Old 08-14-09, 06:13 AM
turbospecc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rxets
Cmdr007, turbospecc, are you guys talking about your 3-month trial? If you get the hard time to activate them yourself via XM hotline, you may consider to have your dealers to work on this activation. It's Lexus dealers' responsibility of doing all of these prior to giving you the keys.

If you have to activate yourself, usually we can call to XM, and stay in the good reception location with channel 0 for 3-15 mins. This will help your activation. (PS. When you call and XM sends the codes to your car, those codes will be good for 3-6 hours usually. If you call tonight then decide to activate your XM tomorrow, sorry, it probably won't work for you, and you have to call again.

Perhaps, there are some other factors causing problems, the bottom line is to get back to dealers to fix it.

As for XM Navi, it sucks, and responds slowly. Google Map and Yahoo Map are more reliable so far...
Dealership had to redownload the XM stuff, but then Nav/Weather worked.

We are still only getting 16 characters to display on the title and artist lines on XM though... Lexus didn't know anything about it, nor did XM when we called the help number (could there be a more basic question you would call tech support for???).
Old 08-14-09, 03:56 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

I got 16, too... If my memory is right, I seemed to see 16 with another XM radio in 2003.
Old 08-14-09, 04:08 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

For those who arent seeing anything, make sure your cars are outside, and then call XM and tell them to resend the signal
Old 08-16-09, 10:48 AM
Cmdr007
Driver School Candidate

Default RE: XM NavTraffic

I've tried a few times resending the signal and have yet to have any luck.

Both the XM radio and XM NavWeather work fine, it is just when I try to use the XM NavTraffic that it tells me I need to subscribe, which I already am subscribed.
Old 08-16-09, 11:15 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cmdr007
I've tried a few times resending the signal and have yet to have any luck.

Both the XM radio and XM NavWeather work fine, it is just when I try to use the XM NavTraffic that it tells me I need to subscribe, which I already am subscribed.
It seems the account issue.

Btw, is your city part of XM NaviTraffic areas? (even though you have the valid account, your Navi won't show anything if you're not in the areas.)
Old 08-16-09, 02:25 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Btw, is your city part of XM NaviTraffic areas? (even though you have the valid account, your Navi won't show anything if you're not in the areas.)
Very good point rxets! For example, this service is not available where I live. Hopefully, it will be available in the next year or so.
Old 08-21-09, 07:54 AM
Cmdr007
Driver School Candidate

Yes it is. I'll try and call XM again and make sure the account is set up properly.
Old 08-21-09, 10:50 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.xmradio.com/refresh/

Here, try this. You can send the refresh activation signal yourself.

See if this works.

Good luck!

Jay
Old 08-21-09, 04:21 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
http://www.xmradio.com/refresh/

Here, try this. You can send the refresh activation signal yourself.

See if this works.

Good luck!

Jay
This is very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-21-09, 09:32 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

My problem is that the XM weather is non existent though it says XM traffic is enabled in map (show>traffic). XM stations seem to be working though.

I called XM Canada and had it activated. I followed their instructions: channel 1 (15-20 mins) then channel 007 (music) then channel 175. Nothing.

I refreshed online (refresh.xmradio.ca) then did the same procedure. Still nothing.

Does this even work in Canada/Toronto? If so what does the weather feature look like? How can it be accessed? menu>phone/info? No weather shows there. Perhaps someone from Canada can post pics of their weather XM screen.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-09, 09:55 AM
ovrcpt
Driver School Candidate

Default XM Traffic and Weather in Canada

I am also having the same issue. As far as traffic is concerned, I can sometimes see that road colour on NAV display changes on some of the roads which perhaps indicates how busy those are and also accident warning shows up on the NAV screen if there is an accident nearby. But I don't get any weather info.

Any Canadian owner out there who has figured this out?

Originally Posted by DOUS
My problem is that the XM weather is non existent though it says XM traffic is enabled in map (show>traffic). XM stations seem to be working though.

I called XM Canada and had it activated. I followed their instructions: channel 1 (15-20 mins) then channel 007 (music) then channel 175. Nothing.

I refreshed online (refresh.xmradio.ca) then did the same procedure. Still nothing.

Does this even work in Canada/Toronto? If so what does the weather feature look like? How can it be accessed? menu>phone/info? No weather shows there. Perhaps someone from Canada can post pics of their weather XM screen.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-09, 10:01 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Hey Welcome to the forum Ovrcpt! Hope you'll find this forum both helpful and enlightening! The members here are very helpful! I enjoy being a part of it!

Quick Reply: XM NavTraffic