RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

side step and remote start?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-09, 08:16 AM
CMica
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side step and remote start?

hi, every one, I am new to this forum, roaming from the cool canadian side.

recently bought a new rx350 for my wife and kid, but I feel like I want some other lexus accessories, like the remote start from US, and the side step bar from australia, http://www.lexus.com.au/model/rx350ng. those can make my life easier.

are they possible to get in canada or online somewhere that ship to canada?thank you for you advices and have a great ride.
Old 08-15-09, 02:13 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CMica

recently bought a new rx350 for my wife and kid, but I feel like I want some other lexus accessories, like the remote start from US, and the side step bar from australia, http://www.lexus.com.au/model/rx350ng. those can make my life easier.

are they possible to get in canada or online somewhere that ship to canada?thank you for you advices and have a great ride.
welcome to CL. you can order any US lexus accessory from carson toyota, they are authorized CL vendors here. as for the australian side step bar, not sure about that. you may have to order that from lexus australia direct. let us know if you get the side step bar, would love to see pics after it's installed.
Old 08-16-09, 07:24 AM
CMica
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stormforge
welcome to CL. you can order any US lexus accessory from carson toyota, they are authorized CL vendors here. as for the australian side step bar, not sure about that. you may have to order that from lexus australia direct. let us know if you get the side step bar, would love to see pics after it's installed.
thx.

I will call carson see how the car key need to be programmed, or even futher operations on the wire system are needed, too much troubles then I probably will drop the idea..

the side step bar, I was recommanded to looking for some OEM product like Romik.. will definely post pic if I have them installed.
Old 08-16-09, 02:57 PM
flatrocky
Driver School Candidate

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=5503

Is the Remote starter key works with programing only or needs some hirdware instalation also?
Old 10-21-09, 08:12 AM
DLynn1210
Driver School Candidate

Default Remote Start Flaw?!

Originally Posted by CMica

We just purchased a 2010 RX350 on Sat. I absolutely love the vehicle but the one thing we don't care for is a feature of the remote start. My husband found when he started the vehicle, that the minute he touched the door handle, it shut off. I went online to see if this was supposed to happen or if we were doing something wrong. I found this website and a forum going where many were complaining about this feature - that all other vehicles on the market with remote start do NOT shut off when the door handle is touched. The salesman just called to say it was a safety feature but as I told him - if the doors are locked until you (the person with the passive entry key) touches the door handle, how could anyone steal it. For many of us, it appears to be a design flaw. Not a biggie but still a flaw.
Old 06-18-11, 06:15 PM
wcntan80
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree! Absolutely annoying. Solution?
Old 06-18-11, 09:53 PM
DarylS2001
Rookie

I agree - remote start not worth it. What's the point if it turns off when you touch the handle? I have it on my RX but don't use it.
Old 06-19-11, 07:06 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DarylS2001
I agree - remote start not worth it. What's the point if it turns off when you touch the handle? I have it on my RX but don't use it.
I was parked next to a Jeep, something or other, and it remote started for air conditioning. The folks were a fair distance away, him on crutches. She opened the passenger door, helped him in, opened the rear passenger door, stowed the crutches, got in the driver's door and the car kept running. Nice.

None of this possible with a Lexus.

I've tried one aftermarket and it was unsuccessful. I wonder if the new OnStar retrofit kit will work, but I think you have to replace the mirror (no way!).
Old 07-06-11, 05:38 AM
wcntan80
Rookie

Has anyone override the remote start yet? Can it be done? There has to be a genius out there somewhere! Please help!

Wil
Old 07-10-11, 11:22 PM
CO_GS350
Rookie

I have the remote start, and enjoy it in the winter. Nice to have the car warm when you get in. But the fact that it shuts off when the door is opened is annoying. I was told the same, "it is a safety feature".