RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyone with Truffle Mica feel like showing off their RX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-09, 07:39 PM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone with Truffle Mica feel like showing off their RX?

Hello. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a new RX and my wife thinks the Truffle Mica/Parchment may be the way to go. However, she's never seen the Truffle in person and we're having issues finding any good quality pictures that she can view to get a really good idea of the color in different light, etc.

So if anyone has a Truffle Mica and feels like showing off a bit it would be much appreciated if you wouldn't mind posting some pics.

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Old 08-16-09, 08:02 PM
rcy
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't have one, but I recently pulled into a parking spot just as another RX was parking directly in front of my spot. The vehicle was a 2009 RX350 in Truffle Mica. As the female driver got out, we noticed each other staring at one another's vehicles. I really thought the Truffle looked good and mentioned this to her. The funny thing was she told me she liked the colour of my RX (2006 RX400h Savannah Metallic) because it was lighter, and that her husband had picked out the colour of hers.

Anyway, I can tell you that I really liked the Truffle and would have preferred it over the Savannah of my own vehicle.
Old 08-16-09, 08:06 PM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Interesting! I actually surprised my wife with her first Lexus an 05 RX350 in Savannah. She loved it and 2 years later we upgraded to an 07 in the same color. I wanted to get the nav and back up camera so she got a new car

She is thinking the Truffle may be similar to the Savannah but a number of shades darker.

My main concern is that she won't take the car to the car wash . . . EVER! And I just don't have a lot of time right now so the Savannah stays fairly clean looking unless we're in the middle of a bad winter.

I would like the Tungsten Pearl but eveidently you can't get parchment interior with Tungsten so that's out per the wife.

Thanks for sharing. Hoping to see some great pics of a some nice folks' buggies

Jay
Old 08-16-09, 08:52 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got Truffle Mica. From pics, you probably won't be able to differentiate the colors or recognize the true color. You have to see it in front of you, under the sunlight, in the dark, and under the spotlight. This car is a blend of the colors. It's more likely brown/gray. Some ppl like the single color with richness, but I like the mixed colors which can reflex varied characters based on your ambient light source.
Old 08-17-09, 03:39 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Hi RXETS - your description is what is drawing us to the color. We really like the 'varied' characteristics as well. It seems like the Truffle would be one of those colors. It's nice to have one color in the morning and another at sunset

My wife's main concern is that it might look too much like a flat brown but from the marketing and car show pictures it doesn't look like that at all. She really just needs to get a feel from seeing on in person, like yous said, but I was hoping a few excited 2010 owners might have a few shots laying around from their first day with their new RX that they could post.

Thanks for the feedback. She'll be reading these posts so the comments will probably make her more confident about the color choice as well.

Pics, Pics and more Pics please!!!

Thanks again!

Jay
Old 08-17-09, 07:10 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a post with a few pictures. Pictures will not do justice, but it's good enough.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...oto-album.html
Old 08-17-09, 07:11 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Sorry, that was Smoky Granite Mica..
Old 08-18-09, 08:08 PM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

So our dealer 'found' a truffle mica with our exact specs. I think someone else may have claimed it but then changed their mind (there were 61 miles on the odometer). He let us take it home for the evening so my wife could see it and decide if she likes the color.
Only had it for her to see in the evening but so far we both love it. It has different hues based on the ambient light as mentioned above. I really like the color a lot - the dark shows off the chrome and silvery light accents nicely. The parchment interior is very light and I'm a bit worried about how much dirt it will show but if the wife doesn't like the black or grey then parchment it is.

Incidentally she loved driving it! Nice evolution from her 07 RX. I think we'll be taking it back tomorrow to let them prep it and then we'll probably end up finalizing everything on Saturday.

Thanks again for the feedback and thoughts!

Jay
Old 08-18-09, 08:27 PM
Tex Lex
Rookie

I think Truffle Mica is a lovely color.. Saw one the other day in a parking lot. Would have settled on that color if Lexus made a slightly darker "parchment" type interior color. Parchment is just too light for my taste. I believe the only other interior color choice is black with Truffle Mica.

--Nate
Old 08-19-09, 05:19 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

My concern exactly regarding the parchment. Not sure why they went with that lighter cream color?!?! I'm worried about how it will hold up but I guess we're about to find out . . .

Jay
Old 08-19-09, 09:24 AM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw a Truffle Mica and Smoky Granite next to one another at a dealer... similar hues... but the truffle mica is kind of a dark gray with a hint of brown. Nice looking color.
Old 08-19-09, 09:52 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I think I will choose truffle mica for my next RX. Beautiful color, I am glad they are offering it on the RX. Its a bit more unique, you see smoky granite mica everywhere
Old 08-19-09, 09:56 AM
Mr. Wilby
Driver School Candidate

Be great to see some photos if you can manage it :-)
Old 08-20-09, 09:37 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Smile Truffle Mica Pics

Let's see if I can post these pics - first time trying.

I tried to take some photos from different angles to show how the color really reflects the ambient light around it.

Hope this helps some of you!

By the way - we're picking it up on Saturday. Dealer let us do an overnight test drive so I could make sure the wife liked the color.

I took these with my BB Storm and I think they turned out pretty well. I really haven't seen any good pics that show off the color other than from car shows and magazine reviews.

Do note that the sky was very blue that day so the color is definitely picking that up from certain angles. The two shots from the front show the color the best if you look at the hood

Let me know if there are other shots anyone wants and I'll do my best to try to get them once we pick it up.

Jay
Attached Thumbnails Anyone with Truffle Mica feel like showing off their RX?-2010-truffle-mica-driver-side.jpg   Anyone with Truffle Mica feel like showing off their RX?-2010-truffle-mica-frt-rt.jpg   Anyone with Truffle Mica feel like showing off their RX?-2010-truffle-mica-picking-up-ambient-colors.jpg   Anyone with Truffle Mica feel like showing off their RX?-2010-truffle-mica-rt-side.jpg  

Last edited by DigMyM35x; 08-20-09 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-20-09, 06:29 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

loving it.

Quick Reply: Anyone with Truffle Mica feel like showing off their RX?