RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 RX350 Seat Comfort vs. 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-09 | 09:51 AM
mkimball
Driver School Candidate

Hi klegrow...thank you....yes, we intend to go down to Herb Chambers...my husband's co-worker had the same experience at IRA and ended up doing much better with Herb Chambers. If I like the comfort of the 2010, hopefully they will be good to us with my trade.
Old 08-20-09 | 11:38 AM
klegrow
Rookie

I think you will like them....ask for Cliff when you go...he was great
Old 08-21-09 | 05:22 AM
mkimball
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by klegrow
I think you will like them....ask for Cliff when you go...he was great
sounds good...thank you
Old 09-19-09 | 08:20 AM
jclem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mkimball
sounds good...thank you
This may be too late for you, mkimball, but I'm also from MA and I'd suggest you check out Northboro. I got my '07 from them, had great sales and service, then when the RX2010 came out, I went back there. They gave me a resonable price but just for yucks, I decided to check out Chambers in Sharon. Their new building is fabulous and they have a huge selection, but their pricing wasn't very good. They knew when I went in that they were competing with a dealership which was closer(I'm in Framingham) and one with whom I had dealt before. Even so, their price was quite a bit higher, even my "on the way out the door talk with the sales manager" offer was still higher than Northboro. I guess they didn't want to earn my business that badly!!
Another key thing about Northboro is their service. The manager is Gene Robbins and he is phenomenal. They won best service in the country largely because of him. For me, good service after the sale price is more important, but I've gotten both at Northboro. You never deal with the sales guy again and chances are he/she won't be there the next time anyway.
BTW, I've also heard nightmares about Watertown. Never dealt with Ira.
Old 09-19-09 | 08:36 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Just to keep this topic alive - I started another thread about a call I received from Lexus corporate asking me about my experience. I took the opportunity to mention to them about the short seats and recommended they make the seat cushion extender standard on all RX's. I also mentioned other things but you can check out that thread if you want.

Any luck yet? Have you purchased your RX yet or did you decide to wait? How was your 'long test drive'?

Like to hear back from posters after they've had a chance to make their decisions.

Jay
Old 09-19-09 | 10:56 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

+1 Jay. I'm sure Lexus is annoying a lot of people by not offering it as a separate option.

Honestly I've never had a problem with the seats. Yes, I'm female but not exactly short (5'8"). Just looking at the seats, I thought they would be less comfortable. The back definitely looks thinner. But after making some adjustments on the 450h I tested-I felt like I was sliding forward-everything was fine during the 30 minute drive. And the cooled seats were pretty nice too. The true test is yet to come.
Old 09-21-09 | 09:56 AM
mkimball
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Just to keep this topic alive - I started another thread about a call I received from Lexus corporate asking me about my experience. I took the opportunity to mention to them about the short seats and recommended they make the seat cushion extender standard on all RX's. I also mentioned other things but you can check out that thread if you want.

Any luck yet? Have you purchased your RX yet or did you decide to wait? How was your 'long test drive'?

Like to hear back from posters after they've had a chance to make their decisions.

Jay
Yes, I did purchase a Cerulean Blue with parchment leather the end of August. It was the demo (they had just put it out - ony 40 miles on it) and the seats felt great, so we bought the demo. The test drive was long enough - I knew right from the start the seats were 100% better than the 2nd gen. My husband even likes them and he's not an SUV guy. Thanks for your input, it really helped!
Old 09-21-09 | 10:00 AM
mkimball
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jclem
This may be too late for you, mkimball, but I'm also from MA and I'd suggest you check out Northboro. I got my '07 from them, had great sales and service, then when the RX2010 came out, I went back there. They gave me a resonable price but just for yucks, I decided to check out Chambers in Sharon. Their new building is fabulous and they have a huge selection, but their pricing wasn't very good. They knew when I went in that they were competing with a dealership which was closer(I'm in Framingham) and one with whom I had dealt before. Even so, their price was quite a bit higher, even my "on the way out the door talk with the sales manager" offer was still higher than Northboro. I guess they didn't want to earn my business that badly!!
Another key thing about Northboro is their service. The manager is Gene Robbins and he is phenomenal. They won best service in the country largely because of him. For me, good service after the sale price is more important, but I've gotten both at Northboro. You never deal with the sales guy again and chances are he/she won't be there the next time anyway.
BTW, I've also heard nightmares about Watertown. Never dealt with Ira.
Yes, it is a bit late...we purchased one the end of August at Herb Chambers. We will have it serviced at Ira for convenience. We've used their service dept before for my prior RX's, and they have been fine. Thanks for letting me, though! Good to know for the future.